report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2012, 08:03 PM
I am new at Scam.com

harvesting . . . (www.dateinasia.com)

it is my contention that the website of www.dateinasia.com has the capacity and intent with harvesting both e-mail addresses and cell-phone numbers. furthermore, i feel the web-site www.dateinasia.com discriminates against people who have no access to cell-phones.

when entering the web-site of www.dateinasia.com . . . one might decide on clicking "join / sign-up" in order to become member . . . agreeing to surrender their private e-mail address (identity). once www.dateinasia.com has captured that person's e-mail address . . . that person needs to activate via e-mail commerce.

however . . . once membership has been activated, via e-mail . . . only "then" does www.dateinasia.com mandate the fledgling-member must, additionally, activate via cell-phone as well.

presto ! www.dateinasia.com now has both your e-mail and cell-phone !

i feel the web-site of www.dateinasia.com needs to inform, upon first commerce, that the fledgling-member needs to surrender both e-mail and cell-phone . . . before member can successfully activate their membership. without membership activation . . . the fledgling-member has no access.

on behalf of the above proclamation . . . i charge www.dateinasia.com with intent to harvest e-mail address as well as cell-phone numbers . . . hence, invading one's individual privacy.

please take note . . . i have no evidence of any "harvest" taking place.

i wish to find out what other members here at www.scam.com feel about this issue ? is this considered "scamming" . . . even if person has constant control over the situation ? african scams . . . everyone also has "constant control" . . . yet they choose to continue.

i was considering a "poll" . . . just not sure about the political referendum within this website of www.scam.com.

any feedback about www.dateinasia.com is welcome . . . and certainly appreciate everyone's interest . . . thanks.

Last edited by pnamajck : 05-02-2012 at 08:07 PM.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:07 AM
Bronze Member

Re: harvesting . . . (www.dateinasia.com)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnamajck View Post
it is my contention that the website of www.dateinasia.com has the capacity and intent with harvesting both e-mail addresses and cell-phone numbers. furthermore, i feel the web-site www.dateinasia.com discriminates against people who have no access to cell-phones.

when entering the web-site of www.dateinasia.com . . . one might decide on clicking "join / sign-up" in order to become member . . . agreeing to surrender their private e-mail address (identity). once www.dateinasia.com has captured that person's e-mail address . . . that person needs to activate via e-mail commerce.

however . . . once membership has been activated, via e-mail . . . only "then" does www.dateinasia.com mandate the fledgling-member must, additionally, activate via cell-phone as well.

presto ! www.dateinasia.com now has both your e-mail and cell-phone !

i feel the web-site of www.dateinasia.com needs to inform, upon first commerce, that the fledgling-member needs to surrender both e-mail and cell-phone . . . before member can successfully activate their membership. without membership activation . . . the fledgling-member has no access.

on behalf of the above proclamation . . . i charge www.dateinasia.com with intent to harvest e-mail address as well as cell-phone numbers . . . hence, invading one's individual privacy.

please take note . . . i have no evidence of any "harvest" taking place.

i wish to find out what other members here at www.scam.com feel about this issue ? is this considered "scamming" . . . even if person has constant control over the situation ? african scams . . . everyone also has "constant control" . . . yet they choose to continue.

i was considering a "poll" . . . just not sure about the political referendum within this website of www.scam.com.

any feedback about www.dateinasia.com is welcome . . . and certainly appreciate everyone's interest . . . thanks.
Any legitimate dating agency is going to need an email address, in order to send you a verification message (containing a link to click on to verify you do actually own that email address). That of course is not harvesting.

However, all such agencies still have the problem of scammers registering with multiple email addresses, often with different ip addresses, so the request for a cell phone to be used during registration is not indicative of harvesting either, but can indicate a desire to limit the number of scammers.

It all depends on what they do with the information. If you get a lot of spam, or unsolicted messages on your phone, then a scam is in operation. If not, there is no scam.

You can always set up an email address just for registering with the website. Supplying your email address is most certainly NOT the same as supplying your identity.

As for the website "discriminating" against those with no cell phone ? A word you put in bold, implying that somehow that is unethical or illegal ?
A website can ask what it wants. You can refuse to supply. A website is not obliged to have you as a member, nor is it obliged to jump through hoops to satisfy your personal opinions. You can either join, using the method they state, or you can decide to not join. Simple.

Old 05-07-2012, 05:43 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: harvesting . . . (www.dateinasia.com)

thanks your reply.