Saw a great article here and figured I would share:
It goes over some scenerios and gives great tips on how not to get scammed.
- Make sure they are not “two guys in an office”. If you can’t visit them, pay for a factory audit or for a background check.
- Avoid suppliers that don’t use a company email address. Some legitimate suppliers use @yahoo.com.cn or @163.cn addresses, but generally it is not a good sign.
- Call the number you see on their website and ask to talk to your contact (bad sign if you try 3 times and they never understand your English).
- Google [the company's name + scam]. If you find several complaints from other buyers, be careful.
- Pay the first order by letter of credit, if possible.
- Only wire money to a company account, and to the account of the supplier.
- Issue a purchase order, and get it chopped by the supplier.
Have any of you been scammed by Chinese Wholesalers or Suppliers? Read the whole article here