report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2012, 07:38 AM
Newbie Member

Re: Overseas Expedited Market Group + scam

and i have all the emails and all the information from the beginning of my fake carrier to now , i knew this would happen if i fall on to scams hands

Old 04-21-2012, 03:03 PM
Bean Sidhe of the Duannan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imu View Post
i'm in Denmark, well i have reported the issue but the pollice seems to know nothing about such issues, may be its new to them , they didnt even wanna file up the case they said that its between me , my employer and my lawyer , sounded like they misunderstood me and thought its a legal jobs cuz i showed them the contract and told them they might be fake and needed farther investigations,
Unfortunately most local law enforcement agencies do not understand the "cash the fake check" scam or the "reshipping stolen merchandise" scam. Sorry to say but your local police won't be able investigate further. Since that scammer intended to steal your money, he did not giving you his real life information. All you have is one of his fake names, one of his free email addresses, one of his fake stories and one of his paid-for-in-cash cell phone numbers. None of information is going to help your local law enforcement agency track down that anonymous scammer sitting in a cyber cafe half way around the world from you.
Quote:
and well another thing is that the store nocked on my door yesterday asking for my informations , so its clear to me that i'm now a victim , so i with hold some package as an evidence and called UPS to not deliver the packages and instead return to sender ,
Take what packages you have back to UPS and tell them you want to send them back to the stores. Do not open the packages. You won't have to pay shipping, as long as the packages are unopened.
Quote:
and then i the guy emailed me and complained why i didnt write a report for the received package, i told him about the store looking for me and he said i should provide him with detailed information so that they can try to resolve the problem and still convincing me that the job is 100 legal , but for now i will stop everything and try to convince him to provide me with the direct contact,
Just stop replying to his emails. He will continue to try and convince you that the job is legit and you should send him the stolen merchandise. Ignore any more emails from him, don't bother to open or read them, it isn't worth your time.

Since you won't be reshipping the stolen merchandise onto the scammer, he willl send increasingly nasty and rude emails trying to convince you to go through with his scam. The scammer could also create another fake name and email address like "FBI@ gmail.com", "police_person @hotmail.com" or "investigator @yahoo.com" and send emails telling you the job is legit and you must reship the merchandise to him or you will face legal action. Just ignore, delete and block those email addresses. Although, reading a scammer's attempts at impersonating a law enforcement official can be extremely funny.

Quote:
but i dont know what else to do now that the police are not taking the issue seriously and the store has been looking for me , and i have their package with me , i wrote to the store to explain what they need to know they havent replied yet , i'm in a deep s-h-i-t seriously , any other suggestion?
When you talk to the store in person, email or phone, tell them you want to speak to their fraud department. Explain that you are the victim here and you want to return everything that was shipped to you by a criminal. Send the package back to the store, they are looking for you because the credit card used to make the purchase has come back a stolen.

Refusing the packages and ignoring the scammer are the 2 best steps you can do to distance yourself from the scammer and his scam.

There are also "scam warner" and "scambaiter" sites that have online databases of the names scammers use, their email addresses, the stock copy/paste scam emails, phone numbers and stolen pictures. You could search one of those sites for more opinions on what you can do. Several sites have members from Denmark that could have more country-specific advice for you.

Found a romance scammer? Post the information over at RomanceScam.com

Old 04-23-2012, 09:44 AM
Bronze Member

I agree, police don't take the issue seriously, but they might if a store or credit card company complains. In which case you have all the paperwork evidence, you can show you are refusing new parcels, and hopefully you have some record of when and to whom you spoke to in the police.

There is nothing the scammer can do to you.

Old 04-24-2012, 03:45 AM
Newbie Member

Wellthings are getting better now, i have managed to file up the case, and the police have send the case to the federal investigation, aand i talked to the store they said they will send me the return lebel so that i font have to pay, and for the other shipments which are on the way the UPS have report the case and so they will return it and investigate if possible, and the police replied that it happens sometimes , people get fooled by scamers but since i acted on good faith i will not be procecuted, thank God for that, i wanna sue these scammers now i will do everything in my power to warn people.

Old 04-24-2012, 04:12 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imu View Post
Wellthings are getting better now, i have managed to file up the case, and the police have send the case to the federal investigation, aand i talked to the store they said they will send me the return lebel so that i font have to pay, and for the other shipments which are on the way the UPS have report the case and so they will return it and investigate if possible, and the police replied that it happens sometimes , people get fooled by scamers but since i acted on good faith i will not be procecuted, thank God for that, i wanna sue these scammers now i will do everything in my power to warn people.
That's good. The police and other authorities won't be able to do much. However, the fact that YOU are the one making a complaint to the Police does make it difficult to prosecute you - for a prosecution to succeed it would have to be shown that you intended to act fraudulently, which you clearly haven't.

However, a bit of thought would have helped in the first place - do customers buying products really need those products to be shipped to you first ? When you buy products, do you have them shipped to a complete stranger ? No ?

Still, glad it has turned out ok, but I would suggest keeping an eye on any adverse credit reference agency records.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:39 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Hi Imu! I need your help. I am going through the same.Write to me please ASAP if we can have a chat.

Last edited by Meri Widow : 04-26-2012 at 01:13 PM. Reason: deleted email address, against posting rules here

Old 04-29-2012, 09:09 AM
Newbie Member

"Need help " well you should post your problem here, i'm not the expert but i can advise you from my experience, there experts here who can assist you too just like they did to me, so you said you are going through the same situation may be try tell us about your situation now

Old 05-11-2012, 05:41 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Hi Imu, your profile clearly show you still work for MBE?