report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Work at Home Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2012, 11:33 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: It Works marketing...anyone know?

The key word here is losing inches........... not pounds...... All this hocus pocus does is tighten your skin......... as far as detoxifying your body, it only detoxifys your skin....... There is no scientific evidence that it will detoxify your live or kidneys or any other part of your body...... and NO, it doesn't work on fat cells either.
As far as what you put on your body, be careful, as you could have adverse reations to the ingredients in the product.........
Ask a doctor, he will tell you that it's all about diet and exercise and none of this hyped up weight loss stuff that doesn't work.
Do your homework people. Don't rely on these shills or tooters to make false claims about the products they sell......... that's what gets them in the end.
I worked in a beauty college with a esthy program.......... it's all just to make you fell good.........No miracle here lol

Old 01-23-2012, 09:11 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Unfortunately you don't know what you're talking about so I'll explain it with the TRUTH.

We are all born with the same amount of fat cells that we currently have today. They either get bigger or smaller depending on what you put into your body. The only way to get rid of your fat cells are with lipo so most of us can not afford this however with The Ultimate Body Applicator from IT Works Global you can now shrink these same fat cells! It IS true and it DOES work. I put one on yesterday at a bridal expo I attended and within one hour of wearing this site specific wrap I lost 3 inches!!

There's no trickery or hocus pocus like you were saying, simply science. If you'd use your whole brain, maybe you would have done your research first and actually tried a wrap before posting some idiotic thread about how you think it's a scam.

If you had done your research you would have discovered that It Works Global grew 436% in 3 years!! Still think it's a scam? It's actually Hollywood's best kept secret and used on a ton of movie sets~which in turn gives It Works a lot of huge A lister endorsers. If you had done your research Michael you would have discovered that It Works was recently recognized by Inc 500, one of the top business magazines on newsstands today. It Works also just got featured in the entire April issue of Success Magazine!

http://www.inc.com/inc5000/profile/it-works-global

If you would just stop and do your research Michael45, you would have found that The Ultimate Body Applicator does in fact detox your body but absorbing the gel into your skin, meeting your fat cells at the cellular level, stiring up your toxins while shrinking your fat cells which in turn causes inch loss.

DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE YOU POST IGNORANT LIES.

Old 02-03-2012, 07:51 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Information about these body wraps-Expect "ultimate" results with this amazing 45-minute body Applicator! The Ultimate Body Applicator is a non-woven cloth wrap that has been infused with a powerful, botanically-based formula to deliver maximum tightening, toning, and firming results where applied to the skin.

Tightens, tones, & firms Minimizes cellulite appearance Improves skin texture & tightness Mess-free and simple to use Results in as little as 45 minutes Progressive results over 72 hours Made with natural ingredients

Directions: Apply one Applicator to one area of your choice (such as the abdomen, back, sides, legs, arms, or buttocks) and leave on for 45 minutes. Remove and discard. Repeat after 72 hours. ALL NATURAL ingredients no harmful chemicals

Old 02-19-2012, 11:53 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Karen69, I recently joined It works.. I am the biggest skeptic that you can come across! I have poly cystic ovaries and have been searching/trialling products for 20 yrs to help me shift the extra fat from my body with no success..I eat healthy and exercise, Wasted a lot of my time and money until i came across The body wraps from it works!! How friggen amazing! The detoxifying process has helped to shrink and attack my fat cells where nothing has ever been able to do before! I get toxic bloat from the wraps but its usually gone within day 2 of the detox process..2 of the 4 wraps i have done, i have noticed that it soley worked on fading my stretch marks and cellulite.. I'm now proud to say that at 42 yrs of age,, my cellulite has nearly gone and its tightened everything up,, I've lost 12kg with the fat fighters supplements!! Please do not give up,, they are working within,, theres a lot of factors that can contribute to your results... if you need help, go to yr upline otherwise ask yr dd or TD... i can't believe its taken me so long to find it works! i wish i had done it yrs ago

Old 02-20-2012, 10:38 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Before you read and take to heart any of the positive hype about the Ultimate Body Applicator.... read this.

50% of the posts will be negative, warning consumers about wasting their money on this product. Listen to them as the other 50% are actual distributors trained to promote so they make sales. All the positive posts on here are from actual distributors who tried it and it worked... or they have a friend or husband who tried it and it worked. Did it or is it a story to get you to buy?! They are trained not to tell you about all the failures obviously as it would put their non-working product out of business.

You'll read a post below from a distributor who says she put supplements in a glass of water and her pills dissolved as they should however the others' supplements did not. Not even after letting them sit in the water all night. I had to laugh! Clever marketing. Great angle but anyone who knows anything about the human body knows that our food, supplements, medications, etc are "broken down" by digestive acids, not water. Nice try though.

I am a physician assistant as well as a health fitness coach and am embarrassed to say, I tried this ultimate body applicator to get rid of my residual 3" as working out and jogging just doesn't cut it for these last stubborn inches. I followed everything to a "T" and by the way.... this "toxic bloat" several refer to is an actual side affect of the ingredients and can and likely will cause a systemic reaction.
Be careful!! Needless to say, this product does NOT help you shrink any inches in 45 minutes yet alone 72 hrs. And the prices are outrageous for failure.

Even though I read the bad reviews and warnings, I was hopeful and purchased anyways. When I returned the unused products for reimbursement (as it has a 100% satisfaction guarantee), you do not get all your money back. Far from it.

You too will fall for it as I did. Just be careful. The joke was on me.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:23 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisZ View Post

From Wikipedia
FYI...Wikipedia is only slightly more reliable than an MLM. Use it as a source for a term paper, even at a junior college, and you'll fail so fast your head will spin.

Old 03-02-2012, 12:44 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by quest4lucidity View Post
FYI...Wikipedia is only slightly more reliable than an MLM. Use it as a source for a term paper, even at a junior college, and you'll fail so fast your head will spin.
This is actually not true at all. Legit studies have proven Wikipedia's accuracy is extremely close to that of the Encyclopedia. The reason it cannot be used as a source is because of the fact that most articles can be edited by anyone BUT most misinformation is corrected so quickly very few ever see it. If you read something on Wikipedia today and it's still there in two weeks you can safely bet on it's accuracy.

As for all this wrap business "toxins" are not a real thing. No one can identify what these specific "toxins" are and what harm they do. It IS water loss or skin tightening. There is no other logical explanation for what is happening here and if the only person who can legitimately explain it is the doctor that works for this company then something is fishy. What kind of moron would buy into something when only a person being paid by this company can tell me how it really works? Fat doesn't melt or dissolve. That just isn't how things work.

I am not saying no one loses inches with these wraps. I am saying you are not losing fat, period, the end. And anything that works so quickly is questionable at best in terms of safety. I wish people weren't so gullible and would put a little thought into something before they go around promoting it.

Old 03-02-2012, 12:57 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynda C View Post

You are obviously pretty ignorant (ignorant is just that you haven't been exposed, taught, not that you are stupid) about the number of very successful spas and salons that integrate MLM products into their offerings. I won't even bother trying to educate you because you obviously have made up your mind and have no interest in learning anything new. You lose. If you have a spa, your clients lose. They lose because they aren't exposed to wonderful products and you lose out on additional streams of income. Ignorance is curable.

As for the SCIENCE behind this, I've REPEATEDLY said throughout this blog that anyone wanting to understand things to that level should contact the company. We aren't scientists, (and I am guessing you aren't either). This level of discussion should be with the Doctor (MD) with the company. In fact, as independent distributors, to stay in compliance so things aren't described incorrectly, we should leave it up to those who can speak from authority on this at the main office.

I suggest that anyone who GENUINELY wants to learn about the company or the products to contact It Works directly.

I am removing myself from this blog. I have tried to answer legitimate questions with legitimate answers only to have a few people who seem to thrive on negativity poking and prodding representatives to try to get them into arguments to defend themselves. There's no need. We have expressed our opinions, our experiences and the experiences of our clients as clearly as we can. We have supplied contact information for the company for more in-depth questions.

We have tried to educate the ignorant as well as the curious and the concerned. We really can't do more than that.

I'm happy with the product, the company, and the results.

Nothing I say is going to change influence someone who has made up their mind before ever trying the product.

A MESSAGE TO REPRESENTATIVES: Every time we respond to these messages, we raise the ranking on this pathetic site in the search engines.

A MESSAGE TO THOSE WHO ARE GENUINELY SEEKING ANSWERS:
You have been given great resources for seeking answers. Either contact one of the reps that responded to this post or contact It Works: www.iworks.net

So, adios. Good luck.

If you feel the need to slam me personally, go for it. Look small. You can say whatever you wish about my experiences, my postings. I don't really care. Get the last word in. Enjoy.

My wonderful experiences with this company and these products are mine. They are genuine. I stand by them whole-heartedly!

Really? Why would anyone contact the people who are paid to peddle this product for unbiased information on how it works? Would you ask a used car salesman for HONEST evaluation of the car he's selling? No, you would take it to a third party mechanic to be looked over. These wraps might take off inches but they are not doing it by removing "toxins" or "toxic fat cells" as they claim. And, no experts who are not paid by this company are guaranteeing the safety of this product.

Old 03-06-2012, 11:42 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I bought the set of 4 applications and I am currently using my 3rd one as I write this. I knew it would be too good to be true and it is. I did not lose one inch with this product and neither did my friend. We followed directions and drank plenty of water. I have left it on for longer than 45 minutes but definitely feel ripped off when I do not have any results at all. I think all of the good reviews are written by people trying to sell it.

Old 03-10-2012, 11:44 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Tried these last night! I measured, marked where I measured, wrapped, waited my 45 minutes and drank my 16 ozs of water, unwrapped....measured again at the exact same spots....LOST 1/2 inch!!
Got up this morning, measured again, in the exact same spots....LOST another 1/2 inch...1 inch total in less than 24 hours!!
No reactions, no face breaking out, no bloating. But I do drink A LOT of water anyway...usually about a gallon of ice cold water a day, plus I lift heavy weights.
I do not sell this product..it was given to me by a friend, just to try, because I was skeptical. Happy

Old 04-25-2012, 04:50 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Just read threw this sleuth of hogwash and misconceptions.

I am an actual Scientist. I work primarily with cell signalling, epigenetics and geriatric related disorders. (I.e problems with aging)

This cell toxicity crap has been proven false by numerous studies. Feel free to read a paper over on Nature or the scientific journal. They have zero scientific data that would suggest any of this crap does anything. I don't want to "contact" their doctor directly - there should be no need. Where is the empirical and scientific data from their experiments? Show me someones lab book.
- Oh and on those Journal sites... you won't find anything about the alternative cell toxicity. That is just laughable. Learn how a cell works and what comprises it then come back and talk. If you are tying to say this magic formula does the same job as cell lysomes I will laugh in your face.

May you get some temporary (few hours at max) results from compressing cells? Depends on your cells. I would hypothesize people with higher hydration levels may see some temporary results - temporary if at all. Its a complete scam of a product right up there with "balance bracelets" and their positive ions.

Feel free to ask me questions. I will do my best within my fields.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:55 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I must say I'm convince that this is a good product. After all, a whole legion of people who admit they sell it have told us it works. It's not like anyone will lie to make money. So it has to be true. And obviously it's not water that's being sucked out. It's toxins. Big solid chunks of toxin that push their way through your cells. Yeah. That's got to be it.

It's pretty amazing to me how products like this are "not pyramids" but the main focus is not selling the product but convincing everyone you know to come sell the product. How many legit businesses operate on the principle that you want to bring on more competition rather than eliminate what's already out there. When have you gone to buy a car and the dealer tried to convince you to open up your own dealership next door?

But if people would rather fork over the money for this crap than get off the couch and get exercise, let them. We can have fun reading all the complaints they write up when the stop using the product, hundreds of dollars later, and bloat right back up to where they started.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:09 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I have a very close friend who's very passionate about selling It Works. The wraps did nothing for me. I ordered them because she's my friend. She's almost sounding like she's joined a cult. She used to be completely compelled by her new relationship with Christ. Now her FB page is loaded with weird It Works terminology. Like what gemstone she's going to be. It's worrisome to me that this company encourages a secret language like all cults do. She also cuts off anyone that has any concerns about the company. Scientologists call people that question their religion "SP's" or Suppressive Personalities. It Works calls these nay sayers another name. But, the end result is the same. Cutting off anyone that questions this company or the persons involvement with the company is the end result. Another cult like behavior. What happens to a Mormon if they don't follow the rules? Excommunication. A skunk by any other name... And, the afore mentioned duck walking applies just as well. And, Mormons have an answer for every problem with their theology. Aka, the Bible was translated incorrectly. It Works has an answer for everyone that It doesn't Work for. A veritable "get out of jail free card". It's the, "it was the consumers fault" defense. You can accuse literally every single person that It doesn't Work for with non-disclosure, bad diet, no exercise, etc. even without evidence. These are all really bad signs.
Sadly, my dear friend, isn't speaking to me any more, because I asked her to help me understand what her husbands job would be if he quit his $100,000. a year job. Literally. That's it. Question "It", and you're gone. Like an SP in Scientology. For asking a question. Very loud and large warning bell going off.
Just my opinion. If God stops being your heart towards others and especially people that really love you. This is not good in any way.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:10 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Amen.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:15 PM
I am new at Scam.com

A final sad note. She's told me privately, before she cut me off, that she's completely unhappy with her body. Not word one about how the wraps are making her smaller. I'm sure she's blaming the consumer, aka herself. But, that's just not true. It breaks my heart. She's a beautiful person who's being compelled by a parasitic host that has her focused on the wrong thing. Again, just my opinion.

Old 06-05-2013, 07:31 AM
I am new at Scam.com

for those of you saying there is no way this can work because the only way you can lose fat is through exercise...Well, you are right. This product does NOT claim to help you lose FAT. It is a detox which means it is ridding your body of TOXINS, NOT FAT.

Old 06-23-2013, 07:37 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebeauty View Post
for those of you saying there is no way this can work because the only way you can lose fat is through exercise...Well, you are right. This product does NOT claim to help you lose FAT. It is a detox which means it is ridding your body of TOXINS, NOT FAT.
And yet almost everyone who sings the praises of It Works is talking about how it removes inches. So is it supposed to cause the person to excrete pounds of toxins? Out of which orifaces? What toxins are those?

Excerpt from Wikipedia, about mud wraps (the closest equivalent they have):

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has warned against body wraps as a method of weight reduction, noting that "such treatment will cause a loss of inches and perhaps pounds due to profuse perspiration. But the reductions are temporary. The fluid is soon replaced by drinking or eating. But rapid and excessive fluid loss is potentially dangerous because it can bring on severe dehydration and can upset the balance of important electrolytes in the body. ... Wraps have no effect on fat deposits and will not dissolve fat, even temporarily. Fat is not broken down by perspiration, only when fewer calories are consumed than are needed to meet the body's energy requirements."

Annoyingly the link this was taken from doesn't work anymore. If anyone could find a working link I'd be grateful.

But this Web MD article also says that body wraps do little to nothing to 'detoxify' you, whatever that means (as that's such a vague and unscientific term).

Last edited by luvlyoranges : 06-23-2013 at 07:49 PM.

Old 08-29-2013, 01:08 AM
I am new at Scam.com

marketing really works when u mix all kind of it or choose the best for you, but before that you must carefully read about different kind of it for being good
find great books, video, forums and of course web sites
as for me really helped mix-marketing.net
there are a lot of articles were you can find many useful information about differrnt kind of marketing without losing time
everything here