report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Business Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2012, 03:41 PM
Banned

wolfladysue,

You have posted a link to this other website (truthaboutpetfood.com) 6 times already. There are only 52 posts so far in this thread and you have posted only 31 times. That means that about a fifth of your posts have contained a link to that website.

If you continue posting those links then I will have to report you to the staff here for spamming. The reasons being;
You appear to be promoting that website.
You appear to be using Scam.com's traffic to drive traffic and up the search engine ratings to that website.

PS.
Post #30

This image also shows how to access your previous posts here at Scam.com.
Your earlier posts here at Scam.com show your involvement in what can best be described as 'Get Rich Quick' schemes.

Last edited by EvilZoe : 04-26-2012 at 12:35 PM.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:59 PM
Je suis un travesti executif

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomaxim View Post
wolfladysue,

Handling the situation privately. Let's get back to the topic.

"The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband." ~ Joan Rivers

Last edited by EvilZoe : 04-26-2012 at 12:37 PM.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomaxim View Post
wolfladysue,

This image also shows how to access your previous posts here at Scam.com.
Your earlier posts here at Scam.com show your involvement in what can best be described as 'Get Rich Quick' schemes.
If you go back and read my old posts, you'll see I hate scammers and try to expose them.

Last edited by EvilZoe : 04-26-2012 at 12:36 PM.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:06 PM

Here is another good article on what's happening with the chicken dog treats from China. Thank goodness some people will stand up to the large corporations and say, "Our pets mean more to us than your profits".

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...ic-treats.html

Old 04-24-2012, 10:47 AM

I found this website today by Mollie Morrissette. She has written detailed blogs on various subjects. I think this one is very helpful - The Complete Guide to Making a Pet Food Complaint.

http://poisonedpets.com/2012/02/13/t...ood-complaint/

Not intentionally driving people to someone's website for any other reason than to offer good information to everyone reading and following this thread. Time is valuable and I'm sure good information is appreciated.

Old 04-25-2012, 12:49 PM

ATTENTION EVERYONE - I have some interesting news. I took 2 of my cats to the vet the same time I took Little B (the one I lost).

Two of my 4 cats were licking the hair off. One cat around his butt area and the other cat on both sides of her hind quarters. The vet thought it could be fleas so have had them on Frontline Plus since Feb. There was no improvement when I used Frontline.

Finished the bag of Kirkland Signature Cat Food about 2 weeks ago and noticed the hair is growing back. Ozzy, the male had licked around his butt area so bad that he actually started chewing through the first layer of skin. Now the skin has healed and he's leaving the area alone.
Houti, my female has stopped licking as well and her hair is coming back.

I have changed to Natural's Variety Instinct for my cats and Innova Prime for my dogs.

I contacted Kirkland's customer service dept. and discovered that they make the Kirkland Signature Cat and Dog food at the same Diamond plant.

So here's more evidence. Both my dogs and cats were on Kirkland Signature food and both had problems at the same time. Now that I changed brands, all are doing so much better.

You can't tell me Diamond doesn't have issues that they are not disclosing. If anyone thinks I'm lying, I will email you pictures of my cats.

PS Any of the Diamond executives reading this post, I saved the Production Code off the bag of cat food! Learned my lesson!

Last edited by EvilZoe : 04-26-2012 at 12:38 PM.

Old 04-25-2012, 02:40 PM
Banned

Someone needs to read up on how bacteria function.

Salmonella (Wiki);
Quote:
Sources of infection
*Infected food, often gaining an unusual look or smell, then is introduced into the stream of commerce;
*Poor kitchen hygiene, especially problematic in institutional kitchens and restaurants because this can lead to a significant outbreak;
*Excretions from either sick or infected but apparently clinically healthy people and animals (especially endangered are caregivers and animals);
*Polluted surface water and standing water (such as in shower hoses or unused water dispensers);
*Unhygienically thawed fowl (the meltwater contains many bacteria);
*An association with reptiles (pet tortoises, snakes, iguanas and frogs, but primarily aquatic turtles) is well described.

Salmonella bacteria can survive several weeks in a dry environment and several months in water[citation needed]; thus, they are frequently found in polluted water, contamination from the excrement of carrier animals being particularly important.
Once this bacteria enters an area the possibility of cross-contamination increases. It is also possible for this bacteria to be transferred to humans and to other animals.

Some hypothetical scenarios:
A animal (a) becomes infected by eating contaminated food.
This animal (a) defecates in the grass.
It rains and puddle forms in the same area.
Animal (b) drinks from the puddle.
Animal (b) is now also infected.

A animal (a) becomes infected by eating contaminated food.
The container used to dispense the food is now contaminated.
The container is reused to feed another animal from a different food source.
The other food source is now infected.
Animal (b) is now also infected.

A animal becomes infected by eating contaminated food.
The hands of the human that fed the animal are now contaminated.
The human makes lunch without properly washing their hands.
The human is now infected.

Also, see;
cdc.gov/salmonella/general/prevention;
Quote:
More About Prevention
Cross-contamination of foods should be avoided. Uncooked meats should be kept separate from produce, cooked foods, and ready-to-eat foods. Hands, cutting boards, counters, knives, and other utensils should be washed thoroughly after touching uncooked foods. Hand should be washed before handling food, and between handling different food items.

People who have salmonellosis should not prepare food or pour water for others until their diarrhea has resolved. Many health departments require that restaurant workers with Salmonella infection have a stool test showing that they are no longer carrying the Salmonella bacterium before they return to work.

People should wash their hands after contact with animal feces. Because reptiles are particularly likely to have Salmonella, and it can contaminate their skin, everyone should immediately wash their hands after handling reptiles. Reptiles (including turtles) are not appropriate pets for small children and should not be in the same house as an infant. Salmonella carried in the intestines of chicks and ducklings contaminates their environment and the entire surface of the animal. Children can be exposed to the bacteria by simply holding, cuddling, or kissing the birds. Children should not handle baby chicks or other young birds. Everyone should immediately wash their hands after touching birds, including baby chicks and ducklings, or their environment.
Salmonella is a bacteria and it is infectious via psychical contact.

Last edited by EvilZoe : 04-26-2012 at 12:40 PM.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:44 PM

Re: Diamond Pet Food Recall

Moderator note:

If you see that your post has been edited or deleted, it is merely because the topic of this thread has been narrowed to the Diamond Pet Food recalls. Any off-topic references have been removed with permission from both of the original parties and the old topic is declared settled, at least as far as this thread goes.

We request that any future posts continue on this new topic alone.

Thanks for your assistance and patience. We value your imput here on Scam.com and we REALLY like it when situations can get resolved through us, or even just indirectly involving us.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me at any time.

Thanks again.

"The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband." ~ Joan Rivers

Old 04-27-2012, 12:22 AM

Even though this thread had been changed to reflect the problems with Diamond Pet Food, I still believe that [mod note: come on, hon....let it go for now] is a scam to buy his dog food and influenced by the manufacturers. If I was an advisor, I would always give you advice that is best for your pets and not my wallet.

But I respect SCAM.COM and appreciate that they gave me a platform to expose what's going on with my beloved pets. I love SCAM.COM and thank you for believing in me!!!!!

Last edited by EvilZoe : 04-27-2012 at 01:14 AM.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:10 PM

Here we go again. Another Diamond recall -

http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm302137.htm

Why oh why would you purchase any Diamond manufactured pet food after this?

I love when they say there have no been any reported illnesses! Yeah right!

Old 04-27-2012, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfladysue View Post
Here we go again. Another Diamond recall -

http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm302137.htm

Why oh why would you purchase any Diamond manufactured pet food after this?

I love when they say there have no been any reported illnesses! Yeah right!
These things come in waves. Their food in the past has usually been pretty fine. None of our cats ever got ill from it and our house is sort of an informal cat shelter. We have 14 inside cats and I'm not sure how many feral outside cats.

No illnesses up to this time, but after the big recall recently, we stopped buying the Kirkland cat food. Just to be safe.

I'd monitor the situation and wait. I'm sure their issues will ultimately be resolved.

Still, it seems they took a while before they let people know properly.

Edit note: I'm not sure why but your link isn't working, Sue.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:04 AM

EvilZoe,

Let me know if linking to this site for the recall is a problem. I don't want to upset the regulars but she does have the most through documentation.

http://www.truthaboutpetfood.com/art...y-recall-.html

If this link is a problem, I agree to allow you to remove it and I will find and post another for the Diamond Recall. OK?

I'm happy to hear you are a animal lover. I have 4 inside cats and 2 ferals that I feed. Cats are so entertaining.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfladysue View Post
EvilZoe,

Let me know if linking to this site for the recall is a problem. I don't want to upset the regulars but she does have the most through documentation.

http://www.truthaboutpetfood.com/art...y-recall-.html

If this link is a problem, I agree to allow you to remove it and I will find and post another for the Diamond Recall. OK?

I'm happy to hear you are a animal lover. I have 4 inside cats and 2 ferals that I feed. Cats are so entertaining.
Well, that link works, anyway...lol

Just don't post a lot of links to any certain sites. We're not advertising for other sites here, but sharing links to give information is a different story.

Old 04-29-2012, 02:45 PM

I found this great site that shows the settlement that took place with Diamond during the 2007 recall. It includes the court paperwork. Here's the link -

http://www.recalledpetfoodsettlement.com/

Old 04-30-2012, 10:46 AM

The Humane Society of the United States has put together a list of the FDA's most current recalls on pet food and links to each FDA report. Good site -

http://www.humanesociety.org/animals...ood_and_treats

Old 04-30-2012, 11:14 PM

Well, all my ranting and raving is finally surfacing. Here were go again, Diamond released another recall.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...esT_story.html

I will put together my thoughs on this tomorrow because I'm exhausted from weed wacking. There is so much more to this. But corporate GREED is preventing them from recalling all their manufactured food contaminated with Salmonella. So they are doing one product at a time. Please don't feed Diamond manufactured food for now, both dog and cat food.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:19 AM

I subscribe to the Truth About Pet Food newsletter and this information was emailed this morning. It is all the latest information on Diamond. I'm tearing up because notice the date of when Diamond started covering up the problem - Feb 2012. If you read the first post on this thread, I mention the problem started Feb. 2012. Is this just a coincidence? NO

http://www.truthaboutpetfood.com/art...d-updates.html

Here's another good site for recalls-

http://www.dogfoodproject.com/

I was trying to warn people through another popular forum and was banned. Why ban someone that has noticed a problem and trying to get the word out. Well, I'll get off that subject because if you have been following this thread, you know the story. That's why I'm so thankful that SCAM is letting me warn pet owners through their forum.

I don't think just the SC Diamond plant is effected. I think Diamond's food broker bought some bad Lamb and it was sent to all 3 plants. Think about it, if information is leaking out about problems with the food, you are not going to name all 3 plants. That would cost the company too much money. So they are giving you bits and pieces of information. Maybe the SC plant has the lowest distribution of the 3 plants, so they name that plant. Does this make any sense to anyone else?

When I called Diamond's customer service, I was told if I live in CA, then I received the Kirkland dog food from the CA plant. Again, all of my dogs were sick and one died that were on the Kirkland dry Lamb and Rice starting Feb. And my cats were also on the Kirkland dry Maintenance food purchased at the same time. The cat food bag was large, so it took quite a while for me to go through. Since the Kirkland canned dog food was made by another plant, I figured the cat food was made by someone other than Diamond.

Bottom line, I think all 3 Diamond plants are contaminated with salmonella and for financial reasons, Diamond won't announce it. If they are only giving you a little information at a time about the infected SC plant, do you really believe Diamond? Or would you believe someone who's lost a pet and has nothing to gain by sharing this information.

Last edited by wolfladysue : 05-01-2012 at 01:28 PM.

Old 05-01-2012, 04:07 PM

Diamond Pet Foods Issues Third Dog Food Recall Due To Salmonella Concerns

Quote:
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Missouri-based Diamond Pet Foods is voluntarily recalling a third type of dry dog food because of salmonella concerns.

All three products were made at a Gaston, S.C., plant, where production was suspended April 8. The plant is the same one that made mold-contaminated food that killed dozens of dogs nationwide in 2005.

A statement Monday from the company said the latest recall involves its Diamond Puppy Formula dry dog food. No canine illnesses have been reported.

The product was distributed to customers in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia.

The company also announced in April that it was recalling batches of its Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul Adult Light Formula and Diamond Naturals Lamb Meal & Rice.

____

The latest recall covers the following production codes:

_ Diamond Puppy Formula dry dog food 40 lb. DPP0401B22XJW 6-Apr-2013

_ Diamond Puppy Formula dry dog food 40 lb. DPP0401A21XAW 6-Apr-2013

_ Diamond Puppy Formula dry dog food 40 lb. DPP0101C31XME 11-Jan-2013

_ Diamond Puppy Formula dry dog food 40 lb. DPP0401B21XDJ 7-Apr-2013

_ Diamond Puppy Formula dry dog food 20 lb. DPP0401B22XJW 6-Apr-2013

_ Diamond Puppy Formula dry dog food 20 lb. DPP0101C31XME 11-Jan-2013

_ Diamond Puppy Formula dry dog food 20 lb. DPP0101C31XRB 11-Jan-2013

_ Diamond Puppy Formula dry dog food 8 lb. DPP0401B2XALW 7-Apr-2013

_ Diamond Puppy Formula dry dog food 6 oz. samples DPP0401