report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Political Chat
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2012, 10:20 AM

Zimmerman Makes Bail $150,000

Watching it now. $150,000 bond, he is getting an ankle bracelet with GPS.
He also has a curfiew 7pm to 6am.

No contact with witnesses, no drugs, no firearms in anway....rifles, pistolas, pellet guns, nada. His passport was surrendered prior to the trial this morning.

They were asking for a 1 million dollar bond.

Zimmerman's parents testified via phone, were afraid to go to the court.

Zimmerman apologized to Martin's family on the stand and that was kinda cool.

Zimmerman has a nice suit on, nice shaved head, and wearing a bulletproof vest for his safety. One would have to aim for the head I guess.....no shoot me please, sick of this story.

He wont be released today. They have to coordinate with the sheriff and local authorities. He wants to stay out of state in an undisclosed location for his safety.
Attached Images

Please Register at Scam.com
& Please Join Our Growing Community. Free Health Advice

Old 04-20-2012, 10:25 AM
Diamond Member

Re: Zimmerman Makes Bail $150,000

I listened to the hearing.

With the evidence given, I have no idea how they would ever get a second degree murder charge conviction,.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:24 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
I listened to the hearing.

With the evidence given, I have no idea how they would ever get a second degree murder charge conviction,.
That's where the plea will come in. In reality he will probably only be charged with 3rd and that is probably all he deserves.

What's terrible about this case is that it took this long for this to happen. Had this happened in the first place EVERYONE would be in a better situation. Even Zimmerman.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:32 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spector567 View Post
That's where the plea will come in. In reality he will probably only be charged with 3rd and that is probably all he deserves.

What's terrible about this case is that it took this long for this to happen. Had this happened in the first place EVERYONE would be in a better situation. Even Zimmerman.
The way I look at this we still don't know if this case was investigated any diffently than any other case in Sanford.

Departments only have so much time and money and have certain guidelines they follow for investigating cases.

Since this case was made a spectacle they have investigating taking place that Sanford itself could have never been able to do.

People jumped on this case because it was being put out to the public that a black teen was killed and he had been to the store to buy skittles and iced tea. Zimmerman, being a white man, thought because he was black he was a criminal and killed him.

Many want to think murdered him because he was black.

Many black people feel they are unfairly treated by law enforcement and also discriminated against. I am sure because Zimmerman (white) was not arrested and the dead person was a black teen who was walking home from a store, this was viewed as not being treated fairly because of race.
It of course could have been questioned if it had of been white people and no blacks but I know the fact it was a black teen made all the difference in this being blown way out of proportion.

Last edited by Tulip : 04-20-2012 at 11:40 AM.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:37 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
The way I look at this we still don't know if this case was investigated any diffently than any other case in Sanford.

Departments only have so much time and money and have certain guidelines they follow for investigating cases.

Since this case was made a spectacle they have investigating taking place that Sanford itself could have never been able to do.

People jumped on this case because it was being put out to the public that a black teen was killed and he had been to the store to buy skittles and iced tea. Zimmerman, being a white man, thought because he was black he was a criminal and killed him.

I would have to say this started out as a normal investigation before it was blown out of proportion by the media. Arresting without evidence would have really screwed the whole thing up. Now, after the police had time to investigate, we will see how the trial turns out.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:39 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by box86rowh View Post
I would have to say this started out as a normal investigation before it was blown out of proportion by the media. Arresting without evidence would have really screwed the whole thing up. Now, after the police had time to investigate, we will see how the trial turns out.
From what I heard in the hearing today the prosecution has nothing we haven't already heard.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:47 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
From what I heard in the hearing today the prosecution has nothing we haven't already heard.
I hope this doesn't turn into another Duke Lacrosse team trial...

Old 04-20-2012, 11:54 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by box86rowh View Post
I hope this doesn't turn into another Duke Lacrosse team trial...
When I listened to that female prosecutor speak about this case, it made me sick.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if this is not motivated for professional and political gain by the prosecution. In fact I believe that is what is taking place.
Probably she will not be fired because of this but maybe should be. Her and others.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:28 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:

Many black people feel they are unfairly treated by law enforcement and also discriminated against. I am sure because Zimmerman (white) was not arrested and the dead person was a black teen who was walking home from a store, this was viewed as not being treated fairly because of race.
It of course could have been questioned if it had of been white people and no blacks but I know the fact it was a black teen made all the difference in this being blown way out of proportion.
There would have been a spectacle no matter what on this case. Zimmerman lived on the same neighborhood as martin. Zimmerman got out of his car and chased martin because he believed he was a criminal. (i'd love to know zimmermans criteria for criminal is)

After a minimal investigation Zimmerman was released and the DA said they would not charge him based on the Stand your ground law. Despite what the cops thought.

I'm sorry but of course there was going to be outrage. The black vs white and media increased but this case was outrageous to start with.

At no point should it have been declared "self defense" before the investigation was done.

Long story short. I'm not saying that race wasn't involved. What I'm saying is that it most certainly not the only reason that there was outrage and most certainly not the only reason Zimmerman is now being charged.

Don't get me wrong the evidence is flimsy. the only people who actually know what happend is Zimmerman and Martin and one of them is dead.

Failing to charge him due to lack of evidence would have made more sense. The police and DA would have actually been doing something. But failing to charge him because of "stand your ground" was not OK.

Last edited by Spector567 : 04-20-2012 at 01:33 PM.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:46 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spector567 View Post
There would have been a spectacle no matter what on this case. Zimmerman lived on the same neighborhood as martin. Zimmerman got out of his car and chased martin because he believed he was a criminal. (i'd love to know zimmermans criteria for criminal is)

After a minimal investigation Zimmerman was released and the DA said they would not charge him based on the Stand your ground law. Despite what the cops thought.

I'm sorry but of course there was going to be outrage. The black vs white and media increased but this case was outrageous to start with.

At no point should it have been declared "self defense" before the investigation was done.

Long story short. I'm not saying that race wasn't involved. What I'm saying is that it most certainly not the only reason that there was outrage and most certainly not the only reason Zimmerman is now being charged.

Don't get me wrong the evidence is flimsy. the only people who actually know what happend is Zimmerman and Martin and one of them is dead.

Failing to charge him due to lack of evidence would have made more sense. The police and DA would have actually been doing something. But failing to charge him because of "stand your ground" was not OK.
I had to go back and find something telling me what happened with the Sanford police and the DA.

After reading this article I'm still not sure why the DA told the head investigator not to arrest Zimmerman.
The lead investigator was at the scene and also did the interview with Zimmerman at the Police Station. He didn't believe Zimmerman and wanted to arrest. The DA said no.
I would like to know exactly why the DA chose not to arrest.

Here's the article I read, there may be more information in some other articles but I'm not going to look.

This will all come out before long.

There are those that would have taken what law enforcement decided and let this go. Or they could have complained and possibly gotten some where.
Certainly it would not be the spectacle this has become.

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/newsnation/46883285#46883285

Old 04-20-2012, 06:12 PM
Diamond Member

$150Ks pretty cheap. That curfew's gonna kinda hamper his negro watch activities though.