report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Medical Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2012, 07:04 AM
Silver Member

The truth about Cancer and Chemo scam

I know many people who fell into such a shock when hearing they had cancer that they immediately took the first option offered to them....Chemotherapy.
Chemotherapy is not a cure its a systematic poisoning system. Even when you get it for free SOMEBODY is paying for it. Big Pharma does not offer their multi billion cancer scam out for free.

Anyhow in this video a lot of facts with regards to Cancer and Chemo is revealed.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:06 AM
Platinum Member

Re: The truth about Cancer and Chemo scam

Cancer industry total fraud exposed: Nearly all 'scientific' studies fail to be replicated

Thursday, April 19, 2012 by: Jonathan Benson

(NaturalNews) The vast majority of so-called scientific studies focused on cancer research are inaccurate and potentially fraudulent, suggests a new review published in the journal Nature. A shocking 88 percent of 53 "landmark" studies on cancer that have been published in reputable journals over the years cannot be reproduced, according to the review, which means that their conclusions are patently false.

C. Glenn Begley, a former head of global cancer research at drug giant Amgen and author of the review, was unable to replicate the findings of 47 of the 53 studies he examined. It appears as though researchers are simply fabricating findings that will garner attention and headlines rather than publishing what they actually discover, which helps them to maintain a steady stream of grant funding but deceives the public.

"These are the studies the pharmaceutical industry relies on to identify new targets for drug development," said Begley about the false studies. "But if you're going to place a $1 million or $2 million or $5 million bet on an observation, you need to be sure it's true. As we tried to reproduce these papers we became convinced you can't take anything at face value."

Begley says he cannot publish the names of the studies whose findings are false. But since it is now apparent that the vast majority of them are invalid, it only follows that the vast majority of modern approaches to cancer treatment are also invalid.

Back in 2009, researchers from the University of Michigan's Comprehensive Cancer Center also published an analysis that revealed many popular cancer studies to be false. As can be expected, one of the primary causes of false results was determined to be conflicts of interest that tended to favor "findings" that worked out best for drug companies rather than for the people (http://www.naturalnews.com/026314_ca...h_studies.html).

Published research for other conditions also found to be invalid

The Nature study also confirms what was previously uncovered by Dr. George Robertson from Dalhousie University, who found the same inconsistencies in published research studies on Parkinson's disease and other neurodegenerative disorders. Just like with cancer, it appears that the foundation upon which drugs for these conditions have been developed is fallacious as a result of phony research.

And scientists working for drug giant Bayer have run into similar problems in other areas as well, which they outlined in a 2011 paper entitled Believe it or not. According to their findings, much of the published data with which they were expected to develop new drugs could not be reproduced, either.

"The scientific community assumes that the claims in a preclinical study can be taken at face value," add Begley and his colleague Dr. Lee Ellis in their review. This published research also assumes that "the main message of [papers] can be relied on [...] Unfortunately, this is not always the case."

Ironically, the only thing all these scientists have been able to successfully reproduce over the years is research showing that much of modern science is unsound. Whether it is funded by drug companies or by agenda-driven federal grants, the so-called "gold standard" of science has been debunked as a greed-driven myth.

Sources for this article include:

http://news.yahoo.com

http://www.naturalnews.com/031121_me...rch_fraud.html

Old 04-19-2012, 09:23 AM
Platinum Member

Chemo and radiation for cancer is about as effective as a guillotine for headaches.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:22 PM
Je suis un travesti executif

Except for the fact that huge numbers of people are beating cancer these days instead of just, you know, DYING like they used to, I might believe some of this.

"The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband." ~ Joan Rivers

Old 10-05-2012, 01:51 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I have never posted a comment on any internet site in my life. However, I felt it was someone's responsibility to explain a little about the molecular mechanisms behind malignancy. And what cancer actually is. Cancer is a blanket statement for thousands of different conditions. No single person has the same cancer as the other person. Even if two people have prostate cancer, the genetic profile of their malignant prostate cells is different. And often it is extremely different.

There are four different types of genes that are involved in the process of malignancy. They are:
1. Protoncogenes (promote growth and cell division)
2. Tumor suppressor genes
3. Apoptosis regulator genes
4. DNA repair genes

In order to develop a tumor there must be multiple mutations in at least two or three of these categories of genes (and there are a significant number of different genes in each category). This results in up-regulation of some proteins or impaired function of others. Usually these genes keep each other in check.

If a growth receptor is mutated to always be on and signaling the cell to divide when it isn't supposed to, a tumor suppressor gene somewhere down the line of the signaling cascade, that would result in cell division, would inhibit an essential protein and prevent the cell from dividing.

A very important gene that is mutated in a ridiculous amount of cancers is the p53 gene (I really don't feel like looking up the percentage but it is really high). This gene checks DNA when a cell is replicating and if there are too many mistakes (DNA replication mistakes happen all the time), the p53 gene says, "you're not gonna work dude, you need to just kill yourself. Sorry dude." There are however DNA repair genes, like I said before, and they often can prevent p53 from whacking dividing cells by fixing and correcting the mistakes in the DNA.

Apoptotic genes basically recognize when the cell is not functioning properly, or a freshly divided cell wasn't put together properly.
Do you understand how there are checks and balances? All of our cells have these same genes. Some people are born with one mutation already in of one of these genes. Other people have a predisposition to mutation of these genes. And yes environment can have an effect on causing a mutation of one of these genes.

When a person is diagnosed with cancer, at least one type of cell (maybe just one cell, some type of pancreatic cell, a cell in the colon, prostate, etc.), these cells managed to get the right combination of mutations to come up with cells that exhibit uncontrolled growth. They are lacking the mechanisms that say stop dividing, they have a mutation in a growth receptor (which usually needs signals like hormones, etc. to jump-start the cascade that ends in cell division), and even worst they have a mutation in an apoptotic gene. Those cells have become immortal. They have no one to tell them to die when there time is up and they aren't functioning when or how they should. And the cell division is unregulated because there is no protein to regulate one (or two, or more) of the stages of DNA replication and cell division.

So now you have cells that are rapidly dividing and taking over the organ that they originated in. The crazy thing is that many of these cells regress to cells that had characteristics and abilities to migrate like they could in development when they were directed to where they were supposed to be. At this point, they can invade and jump into lymphatic vessels, blood vessels, and many metastatic cells actually attach themselves to nerves just inside the myelin sheath covering and then move along the nerve until they get to the bloodstream and often eventually to the bone.

Now that you have heard a simple (I tried to make it as simple as I could) explanation of cancer I will explain why chemo and radiation work. I hope to also debunk some of the stuff the three videos claimed.

It is true, (though debatable among scientists) that natural killer cells (part of the immune system) can recognize cancer cells and take them out. However, the mechanism by which this occurs, which simply pertains to a cancer cell putting out an unfamiliar signal to the immune system (under expression of MHC) that says something is wrong with me, it is extremely sketchy as far as efficacy because many cancer cells mutate to avoid recognition by the immune system.

As for the chlorine in water starting in 1904? Give me a break. I dare you to drink unsterilized water. See how good you feel. The last outbreak in the United States of cholera was in 1910. And trust me, cholera sucks. In undeveloped countries people die of cholera because the mechanism by which the toxin created by the bacteria causes your intestinal cells to release all of their electrolytes and then all the water in your body follows the electrolytes and you basically have constant diarrhea, losing of all the water you have in your body. Untreated, more than half of people die (and the ones that live go through a pretty horrible experience). They actually have beds in undeveloped countries that have a hole in it, kind of like a massage table. However, this hole is where the patients butt is. They leave a bucket underneath it and it all just comes out of the person. Can you say horrible? With treatment you can help a person to live. Sometimes antibiotics are indicated, but usually by just replacing fluids with IV's until all the cholera toxin has been shat out. So, are you still worried about your water being chlorinated? Our body is dependent on chloride anyway. Did you know a lot of cell signaling is initiated by chloride channels opening and letting chlorine from the blood enter the cell, or leaves the cell to go into the blood, bodily fluids, or kidneys. Anyway, our body is totally dependent on having a steady concentration of chlorine.

Okay, I was going to go through my list of garbage points from the videos (it is a long list) but I have a ton of studying to do (I am a medical student) so I am going to wrap things up with chemo and radiation. I almost forgot something though. Before I finish up with chemo and radiation I have to address the videos claim that sun exposure actually prevents cancer because of vitamin D. Vitamin D is synthesized from a precursor in our bodies that started out as cholesterol. UV light is a catalyst in the reaction of converting the final precursor of vitamin D to active vitamin D. Vit. D is extremely important in the absorption and utilization of calcium in your bones. I also believe it has anti-oxidant properties. So yeah, sun exposure is important. But do you know how much sun exposure you need to get enough of this reaction to occur. It is like 5-30 minutes (a week or something crazy like that - u only need a small amount) depending on where you live and the amount of UV light.

Getting sunburn, or even tanning damages your skin. One of the primary causes of cancer of the skin is that UV light induces pyrmidine dimers (in simple terms it totally messes up your dna) that can be bad. Especially if it isn't caught because one of your genes (the four I listed earlier) isn't really functioning correctly. These dimers can induce all sorts of mutations. EGFR is mutated in a some cancers. It is called the epidermal growth factor receptor. This receptor responds to ligands (signals) when it is appropriate for the cell to divide. However, if it is mutated (or a protein that it interacts with is mutated) to be always on, and a tumor suppressor gene that would normally put a stop to what is going on is screwed up also, you have a big problem.

Did you know that UV light is commonly used in the lab to induce cancer in rats so that treatments in the first stage of clinical trials can be used on them. So, oh yeah, go in the sun all day, and don't wear sunscreen because you want to soak up all the vitamin D you can. Can you say ridiculous!!

Now, if you catch the cancer early when it is stage one and only restricted to the organ, you are in good shape. That sucker just gets removed and there is no problem because you got rid of all the screwed up cells. During the surgery and few local lymph nodes are also removed and biopsied (which isn't a problem because you have a ton of lymph nodes all over the place). A pathologist will look at your lymph nodes and see if there is any of the "messed up cells" that we were talking about. If not then great. Your oncologist will say well I'd like to check in with you in six months or a year and see how you are doing.

In the alternate situation where there are "messed up cells" in the lymph nodes, the consultation with your oncologist will be very different. First he will do a CT or metabolic scan of some sort with contrast agent looking for cells that are much more metabolically active than the other "healthier cells" (cancer cells are always dividing so they metabolize a ton of glucose. He/she will discuss chemo with you. Based on the type of cell he will decide what the best chemo regiment will be. Maybe radiation will be a possility, But it usually isn't until the tumors are pretty localized.

What many people don't realize is that the use of traditional "chemo" drugs has been greatly reduced. For some cancers regiments consisting only of chemo agents have been found to be very effective so the treatment has remained all chemo agents. For example, colon cancer treatment consists of oxaliplatin, fluorouracil, and leucoverin. Oxaliplatin totally messes up DNA (cross-linking) and keeps the cell from being able to divide. Fluorouracil inhibits a protein, (enzyme) that makes one of the primary constituents of DNA. In some cancers leucoverin inhibits synthesis in a similar way as 5-FU but in others it works to control folate. You see contrary to what most people would think certain vitamins (like folate) are contraindicated in cancer. Folate is an important enzyme in several important processes, including DNA synthesis. Taking a multi-vitamin with folate when you have cancer is generally bad.

This brings me to my main point. Cancer cells are your cells. They have the same genetic profile as the rest of your cells, with the exception of some mutations that have made them "super cells" You need to kill them (or arrest their division). That is going to make you sick because the chemo drugs work on mechanisms that every cell in your body utilizes. However, they work more effectively on the cancer cells.

Radiation arrests cell division. Rapidly dividing cells stop dividing (there are some radiation resistant cells and there is a ton of research being done to figure out how to increase their sensitivity to the radiation)

Many drugs now are targeted (specific) toward the cancer cells. They are usually antibodies. These antibodies are specific to binding to cancer cells who express a high amount of a protein that is helping them to be "super cells" One example is herceptin. It is targeted against the HER-2 receptor (when unregulated it is big on inducing cells to divide while inhibiting apoptotic genes), it is a growth receptor found in a lot of breast cancers (wikipedia says 30%). So, now we have a treatment that is going to totally beat the crap out of the cancer cells. Now, the claim from the video about the immune system naturally taking care of cancer (total bs) has some truth to it. The antibody attaches to the cancer cells HER-2 receptor and not only prevents it from working anymore, it also allows the immune system to identify the cell as something that needs to die. Though HER-2 is expressed on other cells it is in no way as important and over-expressed in the normal cells. The patient is then often not that sick. It really varies from people who feel quite bad to a surprising number of patients who feel pretty good. Another example is a drug called rituxan. It binds to a receptor on a type of cell (B cells) that is responsible for a ton of hematopoietic (blood) cancers. I'm quite confident (but not quite sure), that the receptor rituxan targets (CD20) is only on B cells. So these cancerous, out of control B cells get hit up with all these antibodies on their cell surface and then other immune cells come along and literally kick the s*** out of the cell.

This is where cancer treatment is going. Researchers are trying to find proteins that are common in many cancers. Every cancer is different though so a drug that works on one sample of prostate cancer cells, can actually have the opposite effect on another persons prostate cancer cells. It is incredibly difficult and frustrating work. And yes it is expensive. Running a lab and countless experiments where you are in a lab for 20 hours straight, using expensive (but necessary equipment) and chemicals is costly. But it does result in successes.

People are really trying to find treatments for cancer. Somebody who talks about and claims to have a cure for cancer is completely full of it (in my opinion). Because every cancer is different. Even within one person's tumor there are cells expressing different genes and phenotypes. The key to it all and the direction treatment is going is specificity. Cancer isn't specific so it has no business being in any conversation about curing or treating cancer. There exists many highly effective treatments for different forms of cancer and many diagnoses have an extremely high rate of recovery/remission.

Some other exciting research is with nuclear imaging using contrast agents to locate cancer cells. Medications can then be specifically targeted at those cells. But I suspect it is difficult to only treat those cells without the drugs spilling over to being distributed elsewhere than the intended target.

The people who do this research are passionate about what they do. And it comes from a fascination with the different mechanisms malignant cells come up with. They can be very crafty. I've seen people who get paid very little spend all day and into the night in the lab.

There were so many misleading and ridiculous points on those videos, I could go on for hours. However, I think this is already so long no one will read it and it might not all go through as a post.

One more thing. Yes doctors have no problem with alternative medicine when dealing with cancer. Some probably recommend it and would go themselves if they had cancer. However, they also know that they gotta kill the mutha F'ing cells that are like weeds and if they get too big and metastasize they are going to release all kinds of factors that are going to screw up the other cells around them. Yes people get more sick during chemo than they do with cancer that is untreated. That is because the cancer quietly spreads throughout your body, and maybe even lays low for a while, and then it totally takes over and causes multiple organ failure and you will be dead before you even figure out what the heck happened.

That's all. I'm out of here.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:11 PM
Silver Member

Cool Allan.
I believe you believe what you say and as you might be able to prove some of your statements in a lab. Yet the medical industry want to take a whole and devide it up into small parts and then treat the small parts. You being a student of medicine how do you know that you are learning in the interest of humanity and not in the interest of bankers like the Rockerfellers who began the schools of medicine? How can you know that what they are teaching you is genuine when the real life statistics say other wise? Just a thought.

So what about all these people who heal from Cancer using other methods than chemo? I have an arsenal to present from Vitamin B17 to Turmeric to Asparugus to sunlight, to Neo plastons and the work of people like DR Brazinski and everyone else that got driven off Amercan soil by the American Medical Association to places like Mexico where they continue to heal cancer patients? I believe a full cures for cancer was already found through many modalities but the Industry has taken on a life of its own and fears its own extinction.

Looking forward to some friendly info swopping with you but you must remember. I don't get blinded by text books. I have to get my information from life and trial and error. "what actually happened." So if for example you make some claim I would prefer if it was not some lab finding immortalised on paper but rather a few people who says "Thank you Doctor we are cured" oh yeah and more than ten years later at that.

Last edited by 1stein : 10-05-2012 at 03:15 PM.

Old 10-06-2012, 02:07 AM
I am new at Scam.com

This reply will be quick because I just got in for the night and have a ton of stuff to do.

When I get the chance, I will look into some of the info that you listed in the second paragraph of your latest reply. It would save me a lot of time and I would be grateful if you would cite your sources for the arsenal including asparagus and the others. And about Dr. Brazinski. If he is healing cancer patients then great, I would be really interested in reading about how. As a scientist, I am always down to scrutinize and validate someone else's work. I genuinely hope he has found a way to save lives.

I believe that there isn't a scam (orchestrated by bankers like the Rockefellers) behind my medical education because I know my professors and administrators. They are extremely intelligent people who are always making the best decisions they can for their patients. I've seen them work with their patients. Many physicians these days (especially primary care, get paid just enough to be able to pay back their loans for periods between 10 and 20 years after they complete their residency).

And about the info that I presented. Sure, some of it came from a textbook. But it was actually quite a small portion. Most of it came from 2 things. Number 1, my experience working with cancer cells in a lab for three years. So, the fact that I have actually performed experiments where I held cancer cells biopsied from real cancer patients, and then observed their reactions to different conditions and treatments, gives me a certain amount of credibility don't you think? However, I am still starting out in my career and have a lot to learn. And number 2, I preceptored for an excellent medical oncologist for three months. He had his own chemo nurse and unit. I was in the room with him for every single patient that he saw during that period. I was surprised to see that the greater portion of his patients received good news during consults after they received chemo. Many of the consults were to explain that the tumor had shrunk enough that the surgical oncologist could now remove it. Others, that the cancer was no longer detectable. I also saw a few patients (you could count them on one hand) who were extremely sick and probably weren't going to recover. And one of these, unfortunately did pass away a few days after we rounded on hm in the hospital. I saw a ton of patients and a large portion of them improved, got better, went into full remission. Got great news from the doctor and started hugging their families and repeatedly thanking the doc. I even spent a great deal of my time sitting with patients while they were hooked up to their IV's and receiving treatment. I asked many of them how they felt and about their experience. So, maybe I don't have some statistic (like the 80 some odd percentage of people die from chemo that was in the video) but I don't really need one. The reason why is because I saw it with my own eyes. And it was real.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:04 PM
Silver Member

Hello Allan.
I can pop some videos on here about these topics in the second paragraph. I am sorry if it might be contradictory to what they promote where you study.

I feel a school is like a cult. They prepare you neatly to believe what they want you to believe and they will use every trick in the book to try and make contradictory events appear insignificant. They hold the ticket of knowledge up like it is some kind of holy grail that only they have access to. When you take a look around outside the confines of your school you sometimes discover that a lot more Holy grails are floating about that they don't want you to look at. Only its free for any thinking being and one does not have to pay a lifetime of debt to discover it.

I have been healing myself for over forty years and I don't have enough fingers to count the times when "professionals' told me to have some operation or something removed or go on lifetime medication for some incurable condition. I believe they are sincere in their approach but they were simply conditioned.

Just last week I had to prevent a doctor from removing my gall bladder because it had stones in. It is now clean and I flushed it for the third time this lifetime so far. He said to me."Do you refuse my recommendation?" to which I replied." Doctor really if I have a simple headache then suggesting a guillotine would be overdoing it."

He simply cannot believe that gal stones can be flushed. I know he is only doing the best he knows sadly so I don't even want to spend the time trying to convince him. There is so much more information available outside the confines of the space they use to train doctors with. If I happen to run into him again after another sonar that proves a clean galbladder on my file I might try reminding him.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:00 PM
-- ---- --------, ---- ----.

For what it's worth...

My younger brother had cancer and lost a kidney and part of his liver. Afterwards he took one series of chemo and radiation. At this time his doctor's report is that he is clear of the cancer... no more treatments.
Say what you will, but the cancer is not there.
Feel free to eat asparagus (it's tasty).

Old 10-22-2012, 06:32 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Hi PaulM,

Congratulations to you and your family. I'm sure it was probably pretty difficult for you and your family (and especially your brother) for a while there (and probably still is). That is great news that the cancer is gone. I wish your brother the best in his continued recovery.

I couldn't agree with you more that asparagus is tasty. Especially, with melted butter and some lemon juice. It's actually one of my favorite vegetables. As a result, when I eat it, I eat a lot of it. I am always so fascinated with how weird it makes my pee smell. Now, if someone would post a video of why asparagus makes pee smell so bad, I would be totally down to watch that.

Hello again 1stein,

It looks like we are going to have to agree to disagree on the value of chemo and radiation in cancer treatment.

I do however, just want to mention that in your last post before your most recent one, you said "I don't get blinded by text books. I have to get my information from life and trial and error. "what actually happened." So if for example you make some claim I would prefer if it was not some lab finding immortalised on paper but rather a few people who says 'Thank you Doctor we are cured' oh yeah and more than ten years later at that."

When I asked you to cite your sources or provide some information about some of the info you described you said that you could put up some more videos. And this after I described personal experiences from my life to back up my argument. Just thought it was worth mentioning.