report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Auction Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2012, 03:53 AM
I am new at Scam.com

tradingassistant4you.com Help!!

Sorry I know this is long but I need help. We are trying to purchase a camper from far away. The price is just too good to be true, but don't want to pass up on a good deal,,or have it be a scam. We are not very computer smart, and I don't want to get ripped. Is there anyone that can hepl me. This is the letter I recieved..it just seems too detailed.

I'm pleased you are still interested. Like I said before I will be happy to walk you through the process. TA4U is short for Trading Assistant 4U and their website is tradingassistant4you.com , maybe now this sounds familiar to you.. They are a chain of ebay drop off stores and they offer their services for kijiji users too. I left the camper in their possession when i left and intended to sell it when i got back (if you ask why i'm selling it now when i'm not around), but the wedding costs too much and i need to sell it now to help my daughter get married.. They will take care of shipping, payment and title transfer(it is already signed by me and notarized so they are empowered to do this ). So if you want to purchase the camper, all you have to do is to register on their website. After you are registered with them an invoice will be sent to you. There you will find out more details about this sale like how to complete the payment, shipping process, insurance,etc .Afterward you have to complete the payment. They receive the payment and start the shipping process. You receive the camper and you have 10 days to inspect it and see if it's exactly as described. If you decide to keep it, you let them know and they will transfer the payment to me, if you decide to return it, they will give you a full refund back and return the item on my cost. So you can be sure the camper is exactly as described because i wouldn't sell something that i know it will be returned and loose extra money. The shipping cost is already included in the price listed on kijiji so you don't have to worry about that. The process is very simple, it probably looks a little complicated from what i explained but it's not and for a better understanding of how their service works you can check out their "How It Works" page. I would advise you to read the How It Works page before you register so you can be sure you understand how the process works. Let me know if you are still interested and if you have questions please ask, no problem. Also, if you don't want to register on their website for any reason, you can send me your full name and shipping address and i will forward it to them, but it's better if you register yourself.

Thank you
PS: I am sorry for the long email but i couldn't explain the process in less words.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 03-21-2012, 11:31 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

Re: tradingassistant4you.com Help!!

no, don't do it. it is a trick to get you to send money by western union. the criminal can pick up the money at any western union office in the world with no identification required.

there is no camper.

http://tradingassistant4you.com/

is fake.

Domain name: TRADINGASSISTANT4YOU.COM
Name Server: ns.tradingassistant4you.com 217.20.164.9
Name Server: ns1.tradingassistant4you.com 217.20.164.9
Creation Date: 2012.03.11

Old 03-21-2012, 12:32 PM
Bean Sidhe of the Duannan

100% scam.

There is no camper.

There are stolen pictures of someone else's camper.

There is only a scammer trying to steal your hard-earned money.

The next email will be from another of the scammer's fake names and free email addresses pretending to be the "trading assistant4you agent" and will demand you pay for "shipping costs", in cash, and only by Western Union or moneygram.

Western Union and moneygram do not verify anything on the form the sender fills out, not the name, not the street address, not the country, not even the gender of the receiver, it all means absolutely nothing. The clerk will not bother to check ID and will simply hand off your cash to whomever walks in the door with the MTCN# and question/answer. Neither company will tell the sender who picked up the cash, at what store location or even in what country your money walked out the door. Neither company has any kind of refund policy, money sent is money gone forever.

Now that you have responded to a scammer, you are on his 'potential sucker' list, he will try again to separate you from your cash. He will send you more emails from his other free email addresses using another of his fake names with all kinds of stories of cheap vehicles, great jobs, lottery winnings, millions in the bank and desperate, lonely, sexy singles. He will sell your email address to all his scamming buddies who will also send you dozens of fake emails all with the exact same goal, you sending them your cash via Western Union or moneygram.

You could post up the email address and the emails themselves that the scammer is using, it will help make your post more googlable for other suspicious potential victims to find when looking for information.

Do you know how to check the header of a received email? If not, you could google for information. Being able to read the header to determine the geographic location an email originated from will help you weed out the most obvious scams and scammers. Then delete and block that scammer. Don't bother to tell him that you know he is a scammer, it isn't worth your effort. He has one job in life, convincing victims to send him their hard-earned cash.

Whenever suspicious or just plain curious, google everything, website addresses, names used, companies mentioned, phone numbers given, all email addresses, even sentences from the emails as you might be unpleasantly surprised at what you find already posted online. You can also post/ask here and every scam-warner-anti-fraud-busting site you can find before taking a chance and losing money to a scammer.

If you google "fake car shipping scam", "western union shipping fraud", "fake camper kijij seller scam" or something similar you will find hundreds of posts of victims and near victims of this type of scam.

Wasting a scammer's time legally and safely is called "scambaiting". If you google that word, you will find sites where you can read scambaits, post up the emails and email addresses of scammers, post up a fake website, read up on how to alert a hosting company that they are hosting a fake website, ask questions and learn all about the hobby of scambaiting.

Found a romance scammer? Post the information over at RomanceScam.com

Old 03-21-2012, 12:34 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Thank you for your post. My son recently stumbled across a pick up on Kijiji, once again seemed too good to be true but were willing to jump through the hoops if it was for real. He sent numerous e-mail requesting a phone number so we could contact him, but received nothing, except an email that is exactly as yours except where yours says camper ours says pickup.
I'm glad that you did some digging before proceeding as I was looking for some unsolicited feedback when I came across this.
Thank you again.