report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > MLM Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2006, 01:49 PM
New to the biz

Any information about GNLD?

After realising that Agel Enterprise was not an ethical company, I still wanted to found a proper MLM company as Network Marketing is an amazing business model. So far Melaleuca and One Group are the 2 company that I have found as being genuine but I still have some unanswered questions and doing more research I met someone today from GNLD and they seems to have a good philosophy but i can't found any threads about them, a beat strange when they have been around since 1958. Thanks for your help.
Benoit

Old 08-22-2006, 08:54 PM
openQuestion

Re: Any information about GNLD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBen
After realising that Agel Enterprise was not an ethical company, I still wanted to found a proper MLM company as Network Marketing is an amazing business model. So far Melaleuca and One Group are the 2 company that I have found as being genuine but I still have some unanswered questions and doing more research I met someone today from GNLD and they seems to have a good philosophy but i can't found any threads about them, a beat strange when they have been around since 1958. Thanks for your help.
Benoit
Just a small point...a "company" cannot be "ethical" or "unethical". Those qualities are reserved for PEOPLE. And most companies have PEOPLE who fall into both of those categories.

Old 08-29-2006, 06:30 AM
New to the biz

It's amazing that nobody has an opinion about GNLD, is scam.com affiliated to GNLD? :confused:

Old 08-29-2006, 08:49 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBen
It's amazing that nobody has an opinion about GNLD, is scam.com affiliated to GNLD? :confused:
I doubt that. If nobody responded, then nobody used their product. I tried to find red flags but could not. That does not mean that I endorse it. I have my own take on vitamins.

Old 06-26-2007, 05:53 AM
I am new at Scam.com

You don't get to be a 50 year old company, by scaming people. I use the GNLD products and I have my own personal success story and I now understand the importance of natrual healthy foods.
We really are what we eat. If any one is unsure try Tre-en-en. It comes with a 30 day money back guarantee, so see if you don't look and feel better return it.
Good old mother nature has never been wrong.
VitalPowerLiving

Old 10-12-2008, 11:13 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I am a couple years late it looks like. I just discovered this website. Pretty cool. I have been involved with GNLD since 1984. Yes, the company has been around since 1958 and we just celebrated our Golden Jubilee. But you don't run into too many people who know about the company? It is ALL OVER the www! Just do a google for GNLD and my website usually comes up on the first page! What this means when not too many people have heard of a company is that there is still room for you to grow as a distributor. Unlike other companies that saturated the market for years and then fell short on promises and results (Herbalife, Amway, etc.), GNLD takes it serious and does it right. We don't make a bunch of promises we can't keep, we don't promise that you will be rich in 30 days, we don't promise you anything but RESULTS with the products and total support from the company! It is YOUR business and you build it as fast or as slow as is comfortable for you. This is not a "get rich quick" opportunity although there have been several who have progressed very rapidly. You are in business for yourself, but not by yourself. You move at your own pace and there is nobody pushing you. I love GNLD and I would not buy from any other vitamin company out there. I have also tried other network marketing companies (they promised me more money faster) and I always find that GNLD has the best marketing plan AND the best products.
If you still can't find any information on GNLD, just do a google search for "amazing health products" -- that be me.... the gnlddistributor

Old 10-20-2010, 02:54 AM
I am new at Scam.com

there is a scam with a supposed company called GNLD.
the e-mail of this sender is
avolleymom@sbcglobal.net content of e-mail as follows.
Your mail-Id has been Awarded £750,000. in the GNLD End Of Year Promo send your.
Name: ..address
i dont believe for 1 minute that this is the same company as the true GLND

Last edited by bratski : 10-20-2010 at 02:58 AM.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:22 AM
I am new at Scam.com

GNLD aka Golden Products.

In reality, their so-called business plan is an elaborate scam. Why?

Well, assuming a GNLD distributor (lets call him person "A") offers to link you up as a distributor.

You buy the intro-kit which contains a folder with brochures and a business plan, as well as some products. The whole intro-kit may cost 300 bucks (for example), but the products are only worth about a 100 bucks. This leaves a surplus of about 200 bucks.

"A" may have a number of distributors linked up to himself, and he in turn is linked to a distributor higher up in the hierarchy.

In any case, the hierarchy has a sophisticated system of points and values that apportion a slice of the pie to each person in the hierarchy, and the higher you are the more slices you get, because of all the new people (distributors) at the bottom of the hierarchy buying starter kits.

In fact, the main idea is to link up as many new distributors as possible (at a cost of 300 bucks per starter-kit), and your distributors will in turn seek out other new distributors to link up as well.

In essence you are selling people a position in the hierarchy, and as more and more people join at the bottom (at 300 bucks per starter kit), the more points you earn as you move up the ladder. Thus more slices of the pie.

I repeat, you are really selling positions in the hierarchy, but this activity is cleverly masked by the inclusion of some demo products in the kit which may be sold (but will never generate sufficient profit to allow you to recoup your original 300 bucks).

So yes, there is some genuine exchange of value through the selling of products, but the core business is to link as many new people in the hierarchy as possible. So you pay "Ä" 300 bucks to join, "A" gets his cut and his superior gets a cut as well. Someone below you buys a kit at 300 bucks and you get your cut, "A" gets his cut and so on.

About 80 % of the activity is locking in new distributors and about 20 % is the selling of products.

However, the products are excellent, the brochures glossy and the meetings are high powered, By that I mean that a supercharged vibe is created at the presentations by using loud upbeat music, slick public speakers to knock the ridicule the competition (usually AMWAY) and to knock other available commercial products. It is a feel-good vibe.

The products are excellent, and that is perhaps why so many people are lured into this game.
However, a scam by any other name is still a scam - The word pyramid scheme is absolutely taboo in GNLD circles, but technically that is what it is all about.

Legally they get away with it because they engage in the actual selling of products.

They use the smoke screen of network marketing, but in fact it has nothing to do with marketing at all, but everything to do with hard selling and appealing to one's internal locus of control.

Old 04-18-2011, 06:16 PM
I am new at Scam.com

You are sooooo wrong, Philosophy Student! The business kit is NOT 300 dollars! LOL it only costs $69 and you get $75 worth of product for that PLUS the information kit. You don't earn ANY points for signing people up. People can sign up if they want to just to buy the products wholesale and not even do the business if they don't want to. I have been in the GNLD business since 1985 and GNLD has NEVER operated the way to tell the story. What are you, an Herbalife dealer? LOL You are too funny. Talk about something you know something about and quit making a fool of yourself. GNLD has been soooo good to me I don't even have to leave the house and I make $2,500.00 a month! I would gladly sell you the products at full retail price -- I mean, you don't have to sign up. I make more money off my retail sales than I do off my distributors under me and if they sign up and never do anything but buy the products wholesale -- I DON"T CARE! I am sitting so good I would never go with any other company but GNLD.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:23 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Dear gnlddistributor,

I just used 300 dollars as an example, which I clearly mentioned in my original posting.
And no, I am not a herbalife dealer, or any other dealer or competitor whatsoever.

However, in South Africa I attended numerous GNLD meetings and met with our sponsors (please bare with me, I don't remember the exact terminology), but I was not impressed.

I admit that the products are excellent, and no doubt many honest and straight forward sales are made this way. Fair enough.

However, I also remember that the emphasis was on recruiting new distributors, and not so much the actual direct selling of the products.

The tendency to knock competitors and to use strong-arm marketing techniques, such as the frequent mention of dreaded diseases that could be combated by using product..... or ..... , was a negative experience.

I also remember that many distributors would ask the poorest of the poor from townships to attend the flashy meetings, without considering how these people would even be able to afford the equivalent of $69 to begin with.

I think these products will probably appeal to a more affluent type of market, one with which poor people do not come into contact. It all seemed a little over the top.

Old 04-27-2011, 06:09 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophy student View Post
The tendency to knock competitors and to use strong-arm marketing techniques, such as the frequent mention of dreaded diseases that could be combated by using product..... or ..... , was a negative experience.
That in itself tells me everything I need to know. If they are mentioning disease in their pitch meetings, then it's a scam 100% (and unethical).

Old 05-02-2011, 02:55 AM
I am new at Scam.com

First of all, each meeting is held by independent distributors and is not sponsored by the company itself. What those distributors do at their meetings is entirely their choice. Second, there are different types of meetings. Some are for product knowledge and some are for recruiting distributors. Thirdly, in Africa, things are different -- nutritional products and supplements, etc., are considered "medicine". They can also get their products paid for by their health insurance coverage or national health benefits programs with a doctor's prescription for them. Many times vitamin supplements are referred to as "medicine" in Africa. There are many doctors in Africa who are distributors of GNLD and they conduct meetings and so they are free to discuss disease and cure there because they are doctors. In USA, we could be arrested or face heavy fines for suggesting products for cure or treatment. If you attend a USA meeting, things would go quite differently. GNLD is currently in over 50 countries so what might work for you in one country might not be the rule in another country.

Old 07-27-2011, 09:04 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Philosophy Student, I can see you really know alot about GNLD. You should actually use that information you have to distribute for the company and you will be shocked how much money you will make.
GNLD is a network marketing company with lots of honesty and integrity that is helping millions of people world wide make some extra income.
If they have been 'sooo good in hiding the scam' for 53 years....just join the band wagon as they seem very good at it.

Old 02-29-2012, 03:47 PM
I am new at Scam.com

At the end of the day, GNLD cut's-out the Middle-men, the money that would have other-wise been spent on advertising etc. gets paid back to the Distributers, because at the end of the day, if it wasn’t for the Distributers telling people about GNLD, GNLD wouldn’t make money.

The more people that end-up shopping from GNLD (and all the benefits that come with it), the more you get rewarded. (This is for the people who want to use GNLD as a business, there are no obligations)

And you only get rewarded on the volume of the products moved, not on how many people one 'recruits' on a daily / monthly basis.

This is how it is, Fact.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:02 PM
Information is Power

What is the value of joining an MLM versus finding your own supplier and going alone?

Old 03-05-2012, 12:15 PM
I am new at Scam.com

@Zaneypop
A quote from J.D Rockefeller:
“I would rather earn 1% off a 100 people's efforts than 100% of my own efforts.”
That is the idea with MLM as opposed to 'going alone', doing 100% of the work your-self.

And with a company that has products that people would want to use on a daily basis (and save money), you can't go wrong :-)

Hope this answers your question?