report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > MLM Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2011, 07:38 AM
Darkness Shines on Pyramids

Re: The Customer Advantage---TCA FRAUD!!!

Just curious? How much is the Founders Pack?

Old 09-06-2011, 03:57 PM
Gold Member

Wow - that's a lot of money for a plastic wagon with plastic wheels . . .

Old 09-10-2011, 05:17 AM

Quote:
09-06-2011, 07:12 AM
bullshid

The Customer Advantage Scam?
Today The Customer Advantage offered a national deal, it was for the Mighty Max Cart for $169.00 and they claimed it was 50% off. When I searched the web I found the Mighty Max Cart for $149.00 from Amazon (Amazons every day price) the lowest I found the Mighty Max cart for was $119.00.

TCA is offering products for more than others ever day price? How is that supposed to promote viral marketing?
Remember TCA is supposed to offer deep discounts of 50% or more. Is TCA going to play games with list prices like they were a Department Store? Give me a break!

Is TCA a Scam? TCA is a multi level marketing company. It is free to join, they are offering deals, somewhat infrequently and of questionable worth. They seem to have an inability to execute on the "core business" which is launching daily deals. They are being left in the dust while other companies rapidly execute and grow, TCA lingers.

The staff is non existent, good luck trying to get a simple question answered. The standard response is speak to your up line. Problem is the up line has no clue. There is no fundamental tackling and blocking going on with the staff, because there really is no staff. The viral growth JM spoke about early on is just not happening, simply because the deals just are not any thing to get excited about. There is a complete lack of goal setting and objectives on managements part.

JM has a "new"answer for TCA's growth, he calls it the "Founders Pack". The cost is $197.00 and the original offer was supposed to have expired, but was graciously extended because so many people were requesting yadda yadda blah blah! JM tells us that he depends on us just as much as we depend on him, thats why we need to buy the Founders Pack.

Maybe if JM spent more time growing the business,adding staff, setting clear cut goals and getting organized than he does making cheap videos to sell services to members he might have something.

Is TCA a scam? I like the idea, thats why I joined. It cost nothing to join,I did put time and effort into it and grew over 900 members in my downline. My time was my risk, time is money. The problem as I see it is not adding members, it is TCA executing.

Would I like to see it work, you know it! Would I like to believe JM is a decent ethical guy, absolutely.

But when a company doesn't perform it's usually from the top down, the fish stinks from the head. The up line's cannot make up for the complete lack of leadership and inability for management to execute.
I found this posted on internet scams board.

Old 09-10-2011, 05:51 AM

Quote:
09-06-2011, 07:12 AM
bullshid

Is TCA a Scam? TCA is a multi level marketing company. It is free to join, they are offering deals, somewhat infrequently and of questionable worth. They seem to have an inability to execute on the "core business" which is launching daily deals. They are being left in the dust while other companies rapidly execute and grow, TCA lingers.
By scamming design, people focus on the supposed business products disregarding the fundamentals of math. Please review earlier posts.

Quote:
JM has a "new"answer for TCA's growth, he calls it the "Founders Pack". The cost is $197.00 and the original offer was supposed to have expired, but was graciously extended because so many people were requesting yadda yadda blah blah! JM tells us that he depends on us just as much as we depend on him, thats why we need to buy the Founders Pack.
Yowza. If John could convince 1/3 of the members, about 50,000, he would be generating $197 x 50000 = $9,850,000.

Quote:
Maybe if JM spent more time growing the business,adding staff, setting clear cut goals and getting organized than he does making cheap videos to sell services to members he might have something.
John is growing his business, see the almost 10 million dollar scenario above. Even if he only sold a thousand, that's $197,000 for you know who.

Quote:
Is TCA a scam? I like the idea, thats why I joined. It cost nothing to join,I did put time and effort into it and grew over 900 members in my downline. My time was my risk, time is money. The problem as I see it is not adding members, it is TCA executing.
If all 170,000 current members had 900 people like you, that would already be half of the US population. I wonder how many children, elderly, disabled, and indigent people live in the US. If the number is half of our population, you would need every competent adult living in America to reach your level for current members.

Funny thing is, I'll bet they show you even grander examples with far more than 900 people in your downline.

The inflated price of a plastic cart, albeit a very good point, is minor compared to the overall scam.

Quote:
Would I like to see it work, you know it! Would I like to believe JM is a decent ethical guy, absolutely.
This guy is a career MLMer. You have your answer.

Quote:
But when a company doesn't perform it's usually from the top down, the fish stinks from the head. The up line's cannot make up for the complete lack of leadership and inability for management to execute.
"All actions are judged by the motive prompting them."

He is performing as planned depending on who you ask.

I'll bet if you ask the few fellow scammers at the top of this, they think John is doing a phenomenal job.

Old 02-21-2012, 02:38 AM
I am new at Scam.com

What Fraud? Sounds like you all are either members that are upset about the slow rate of progress or people who don't know and just want to bash the company b/c it looks like an MLM.

Well, I joined in July 2011. I only joined b/c it is free. I've seen plenty of MLM/pyramid advertising/websites and this is the only one I've seen that is actually trying to use a real proven business model (i.e. groupon-like) AND isn't charging people anything to be a part of the MLM-like affiliate structure.

I have yet to pay a single dime to TCA - so how is that fraud!?!?!? They have asked for no more personal information than EVERY OTHER SERVICE OUT THERE!!! So what makes this one a fraud? Oh, must be because they actually want to share the profits with the members rather than hoarding the profits and giving them to shareholders. Why don't you wait until they actually scam people before calling it a scam.

Is it the best company out there? - No. Is it the best group coupon company out there? - No, not yet...but Groupon wasn't exactly an overnight success either. Heck, half the people I talk to still don't even know what Groupon is. And barely anyone knew what it was just a couple of years ago.

TCA has it's problems mainly b/c they have a skeleton crew manning the ship, so everything is progressing much slower than other companies which have tons of money to throw at development, marketing, advertising, etc. Not to mention that sites like this one don't exactly help much. IMO, TCA's biggest problem and weakness is that it relies too heavily on the members. Members are the ones growing the company. Members are the ones signing up companies to provide deals - so if you don't like the deals provided or don't have any deals in your area, blame the members, not TCA itself.

Now, I've noticed the posting on this thread kind of stopped in the fall - maybe that's because they have had DOZENS of successful deals throughout the country. Everything from oil changes at Nissan, food at Extreme Pizza, messages at various spas, to karate lessons. People HAVE BEEN PAID. So how is it a scam again? Where's the fraud? There are over 250,000 members and yet I only see a few people posting here.. that must tell you something. Nobody is being scammed.

As for John. I did my DD before joining. I read the nasty articles about John, which did make me question TCA. But, again, it is FREE people. And if they start asking you for money in the future or fail to pay you your commissions, then quit. It's not like they've taken anything from you. No harm no foul. Everyone makes mistakes in life and those that become successful usually fall a few times before figuring things out. I do not fault John for his previous mistakes or failures. IMO, he has learned from them and TCA is the result. I'm not saying TCA will succeed, but there's no risk in trying it out and seeing what happens. There's great potential in this company. Now the question is whether they can execute.

One last thing re: coop program and the founders pack. I believe everything was eventually ironed out with the coop program and those you paid for it did get the promised members under them - so, again, where's the fraud? I agree the founders pack was cheesy and totally an MLM-like thing to do. But, hey, nobody was forced to buy any of these things. And hopefully those who did buy them found value in their purchase. IMO, John did these b/c (1) he comes from the MLM world and (2) he needed to raise capital to keep the ship a float. But there is no fraud here.

Oh, and for those of you that are questioning the fact that the deals are 50% and then TCA takes 50% - THIS IS THE EXACT SAME MODEL AS GROUPON AND LIVING SOCIAL!!!!!!!

And here's a free gift from TCA: www.rxcard.thecustomeradvantage.com

You don't even need to join to use this. Gee, must be a scam.

So ask yourself, "what would happen if I joined TCA?". Let's see, you'd have to give them your email address. You'd receive emails from them. You might save money on some great products and services in your area. You might even make some money. Geez, these are such terrible things. Must be a scam. GIVE ME A BREAK!

Old 02-27-2012, 11:04 AM
Newbie Member

Password,
Good luck with TCA. You are partly right, I joined in January 2011

I was in regular contact with JM and AB and other founders from the start. JM claimed he had huge amounts of capital to back this thing up and that support staff would be no issue.

Our team lead the way on adding non/not for profit organizations. In good faith, based on JM's promises we went out and delivered growth was outstanding in the first few months my downline was over 2000 before deal one was launched. We now refer to that as the the pre launch scam!

After the launch scam (haha) my down line doubled, those were exciting times for TCA. We believed JM was for real, it was only Groupon and TCA. It was a great story, and if there was some support we could have made something happen, but it was all a pipe dream.

If you read the past posts you will see that some of the "deals" offered were not deals at all and in fact if you would have purchased the "deal" you would have over paid more for the same products offered on Amazon. If you do the calculus it just doesn't add up.

The RX thing is readily available through multiple channels and is worth what you pay for it (nothing).

Yes I was frustrated when, TCA did not execute, promises were broken, deal certification and support staff never materialized etc....... Call it what you wish, fact is many promises were based on pure fiction. TCA's publicly stated goal was over 2 million subscribers year one,happy B-day TCA where is membership at?

What happened? JM was certainly plagued by one tragedy after another, and I feel for him but call it what you will, TCA did not even come close to meeting its stated goals or promises. To me it doesn't matter weather or not they charge you a fee to join to make it a scam.

There are business expenses for those who are serious. Travel expenses and many hours of time hosting webinars and conference calls,web sites and banners, to build a downline of over 4000 people.

When I first posted here it was in an effort to help those who may have been serious to do some D&D I would have hated to see any one else waste any time or effort on TCA.

You may be the last one defending TCA? Oh but you have not put a dime into it, maybe that is why membership stopped growing?

I would love to see TCA take off and JM's numbers and projections be accurate with my downline I could make some serious $, but I would also like to see peace on earth neither seems to be happening any time soon.

For the record I did get a check once for under $10.00!

Thats all I have to say about that (Run Forrest Run!) http://www.scam.com/images/smilies/yelcutelaughA.gif

Old 02-28-2012, 06:04 AM

Worth also pointing out that "password" makes no mention about the math. Math is absolute folks and not an opinion. Does JM talk about the math much?

Also, Password, make sure you keep it free. That means:

Don't spent one cent on marketing, meetings, gas, conventions, time away from family, and God forbid training material.

Don't buy coupons you don't need either.

Now if you follow those rules, it will truly be a free "opportunity". Good Luck

Old 03-05-2012, 04:13 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Cheese and rice people. Just b/c you haven't made a billion dollars yet doesn't mean it's a scam. Just b/c a merchant (NOT TCA) is selling something for more than you can get it off of Amazon, does NOT make it a scam. Just b/c you chose to spend your money marketing TCA b/c YOU thought you'd get rich quick, doesn't make it a scam. Just b/c a start up company failed to meet development and membership goals does NOT make it a scam. Do you have ANY idea how many companies fail in this country every fricken year!?!?!? - ARE THEY ALL SCAMS??? No, I don't think so. If you get into a start up and invest your hard earned money into that start up, you are risking your money regardless of what that start up is. TCA is no different. It doesn't make it a scam. Get real people. You're just unhappy you haven't made more than $10 yet and so you post this BS thread to discredit a small start up company that barely has it's training wheels off yet.

With that said, my response to char and bullshid...

RE: to bullshid first...

Quote:
I was in regular contact with JM and AB and other founders from the start. JM claimed he had huge amounts of capital to back this thing up and that support staff would be no issue.
He's managed to support it for well over a year now, so I'm not sure his claim is invalid. However, I do think he underestimated the cost as well as its success and many aspects of its development. A common problem with a start up.

Quote:
Our team lead the way on adding non/not for profit organizations. In good faith, based on JM's promises we went out and delivered growth was outstanding in the first few months my downline was over 2000 before deal one was launched. We now refer to that as the the pre launch scam!
At this point, you are no longer a typical member. You are an investor/self-employed affiliate who has taken on the risk of a start up company. You call it a scam b/c you didn't get rich quick like you thought you would. Your bad, not TCA's.

Quote:
After the launch scam (haha) my down line doubled, those were exciting times for TCA. We believed JM was for real, it was only Groupon and TCA. It was a great story, and if there was some support we could have made something happen, but it was all a pipe dream.
Again - you didn't get rich quick, so you think the business is a scam. TCA hasn't failed yet and there is still potential for it. But it is still a risky start up and there is no guarantee anyone will make money. Still doesn't make it a scam.

Quote:
If you read the past posts you will see that some of the "deals" offered were not deals at all and in fact if you would have purchased the "deal" you would have over paid more for the same products offered on Amazon. If you do the calculus it just doesn't add up.
Best Buy has sales that are not as cheap as Amazon - Is Best Buy a scam? American Furniture Wharehouse in Colorado has a sale EVERY SINGLE DAY. Everything is Always on sale, but they advertise it as a Valentine's day sale or President's day sale, or Spring sale - does that mean the largest furniture store in Colorado is a scam? Get real. It's called MARKETING AND ADVERTISING. And as I mentioned before, TCA is not responsible for the pricing on the ads no more than the ValuePak is responsible for what merchants put in its mailer. If anyone is pulling a scam, it is the merchant advertising through TCA - NOT TCA!!

Also, I would be happy to show you many deals that are great deals:

Extreme Pizza (mmm, yummy nation-wide chain): $25 of food for $10. - ARE YOU FRICKEN KIDDING ME!?!?! How is that a scam!!? I'd buy that any day of the week.

Pro Wrestling Tickets for $10 (normally $30 at the door). Sounds like a deal to me!

Grampy's sub shop selling $8 12 inch subs for $4. If I lived near this place, I'd consider buying one of these. Cheaper than Subway. I'm guessing $4 isn't their normal price.

58% off of 1-800-GOT-JUNK. Really, this is a scam?? If so, better talk to GOT JUNK, not TCA.

$25 for a message at a place in Ft. Collins. Message Envy charges $49 for an introductory message, so I'm guessing $25 at this place is truly 50% off.

$10 of Eilleen's cookies for $5. How can this possibly be worth less than the advertised $10 - you walk into the store, pick out $10 worth of cookies and hand over the voucher.

An oil and filter change at Nissan for $15. Don't know about you, but I rarely see oil changes for much less than $30 unless I have a coupon. Must be a scam, especially if Nissan is involved.

The list goes on and on. How can you call these things scams. They are NO DIFFERENT THAN GROUPON OR LIVING SOCIAL!

In fact, we had an experience with Living Social where my wife bought 2 movie tickets for $10 only to find out that there were so many restrictions on them that they weren't worth more than $10 anyway. But nobody is calling Living Social a scam now are they. And last time I checked, they weren't giving 5% back to their members.

Quote:
The RX thing is readily available through multiple channels and is worth what you pay for it (nothing).
Perhaps you are right, but how many people do you know that know this? Chances are there are a lot of people out there paying full price when they could be getting this discount. In fact, there are cases where this is cheaper than using an insurance card, but I highly doubt anyone with insurance would even know you could get this sort of thing. So it is worth something to those who weren't getting a good discount before. TCA is using it as a marketing tool. Where's the wrong it that?

Quote:
Yes I was frustrated when, TCA did not execute, promises were broken, deal certification and support staff never materialized etc....... Call it what you wish, fact is many promises were based on pure fiction. TCA's publicly stated goal was over 2 million subscribers year one,happy B-day TCA where is membership at?
Listen to yourself. You admit to simply being a disgruntled member b/c a year has gone by and you haven't become rich yet. Did you know Apple lost money for 20 years and was a $10 stock just 10 years ago? Was Apple a scam for 20 years? Do you think anyone is complaining about the $500 price tag on the stock now? Why do you think TCA should be a billion dollar company over night? Especially when it is only backed by the finances of one man.

Every company misses goals. Apple missed earnings goals for more than 20 years. If it weren't for the iPod, they'd still be missing earnings goals. How many companies missed their goals last year? Watch CNBC for a while and learn something about business. A goal is that - A FRICKEN GOAL. Don't be mad b/c a company underestimated growth. And trust me, when this stupid thread comes up as like the 5th item down on a google search, it certainly ain't helping with growth.

Quote:
To me it doesn't matter weather or not they charge you a fee to join to make it a scam.
That doesn't even make sense. So everything I sign up for that is free is a scam? So Groupon and Living Social are scams, too? Oh, no, wait, they aren't because they don't promise to pay you IF people buy things. You people don't make any sense. You're all emotion and no logic. You have no sense of how a business works, how start ups are a roller coaster ride, how marketing works, how advertising works. You just want to get rich quick and are upset when that doesn't happen. Your problem is that you decided TCA was your own personal company that you needed to build. You then get frustrated b/c you can't actually control anything TCA does. Just be a member dude - that's all, nothing else. And if you want to help TCA grow by doing more, then fine, do that, but realize you are VOLUNTEERING and are not an employee, founder, or anything else. Nobody is pointing a gun to your head and telling you to be anything more than a member who gets emails with deal offers in them.

Quote:
There are business expenses for those who are serious. Travel expenses and many hours of time hosting webinars and conference calls,web sites and banners, to build a downline of over 4000 people.
More of the same - you're upset you took a risk and volunteered your time and money on a start up and didn't get rich quick. You got "serious" as if this was your own personal business. News flash - IT'S NOT. TCA didn't ask you to do any of this, so don't call it a scam because you invested your time and money and have no ROI yet. You realize the Groupon investors had 0% ROI until it went public. Did you hear any of them calling Groupon a scam before the IPO? Investments come with risk. You need to understand that when you make the investment. If you don't like the risk, don't do it, but don't do it and call it a scam when the investment doesn't pan out. TCA DOES NOT REQUIRE AN INVESTMENT. THIS WAS YOUR CHOICE! So don't tell people who want nothing more than a Groupon with benefits that it is a scam when it isn't.

Quote:
You may be the last one defending TCA? Oh but you have not put a dime into it, maybe that is why membership stopped growing?
I highly doubt I'm the last one who would defend it. Nobody in my downline would say it is a scam as they all joined for free and have never been forced to buy or pay anything. I'm a "normal" member. I don't have 4000 people I "paid" for in my downline. I just have friends and family members who joined b/c it's like Groupon and Living Social, but has the potential to make money, too. They don't care if they never get the perfect deal or never make any money b/c that's not why they joined. They don't think it is their own personal get rich quick business like you and the others on this thread.

Oh, and, um, it is still growing so I don't know what you're talking about. It has over 276,000 members and grows by about a thousand members each day. Every time I visit the site it has more members. I just signed up a few more members last month. It will continue to grow unless it fails and goes out of business. Regardless of whether it succeeds or not, it isn't a scam. Groupon wasn't a success overnight and they didn't have ANY competition.

I really hope that TCA succeeds and one day those 4000 members you have pay off. Then you'll be posting on here telling everyone and their mother to sign up and how you were so wrong. Unfortunately, I don't have a crystal ball.. heck, I don't even know what JM and the gang's balance sheet looks like.. so I give TCA a 50/50 shot at succeeding at this point. I agree they haven't exactly been firing on all cylinders, so success is far from guaranteed. One thing is for sure, if everyone thinks it is a scam b/c of people like you, then nobody will sign up and it will fail.

Quote:
Thats all I have to say about that (Run Forrest Run!)
It's free, why would I run? The only promise they made to me is that I would get paid IF a downline member bought something. No need to run from that. No harm no foul.

And now a response to Char:

Quote:
Worth also pointing out that "password" makes no mention about the math. Math is absolute folks and not an opinion. Does JM talk about the math much?
I'd be willing to bet that I have more education in math than you do, so I'd be happy to talk math. But you'll need to be more specific.. what math are you referring to?

Quote:
Don't spent one cent on marketing, meetings, gas, conventions, time away from family, and God forbid training material.
Why would I do any of these things? It certainly isn't required by TCA. Now, I have spent some time talking to people - oh my, I guess I've been scammed. Wait, that must mean I was scammed by Facebook, Groupon, Living Social, Twitter, Yahoo, Google, Zynga, Amazon...... Wow, life is nothing but one big scam.

Quote:
Don't buy coupons you don't need either.
And why would I do that? I don't do that on Groupon or Living Social, so why would I with TCA? Why would anyone do that unless they are dumb? Heck, I've been more upset by some of the things I've purchased off of ebay and amazon than I have with TCA. eBay is more of a scam than TCA... don't even get me started.

Last, but not least, as I re-skimmed through this thread today, I couldn't help but notice people saying something along the lines of "the scam works by making people pay $20 a month on coupons". Folks, nobody is required to buy anything - PERIOD. If a member is pitching TCA in this manner, THEY are the ones scamming people, not TCA. You all want this to be a MLM scam so bad that you're willing to convince yourselves that people are required to spend money on coupons, marketing, travel, training, and whatever else typical MLM things require. So, one last time: TCA DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY INVESTMENT OR EXPENDITURE - IT IS 100% FREE! If you want to spend a little money to help TCA grow, realize that is YOUR choice and YOUR DONATION. Nobody is promising you'll ever recoup any money you spend. Don't expect any ROI (return on investment) as this is still a start up company and carries all the risk that comes with a start up company. But simply being a member is risk free and no different than joining any other daily deal company.

Old 04-02-2012, 01:20 PM

http://gigaom.com/2011/08/18/is-grou...ing-to-happen/

Ironic how this "networker" company often tried to compare itself to Groupon. Here's a snippet from the link above:

Quote:
Some critics say the company is close to being insolvent and that its business model is a kind of elaborate Ponzi scheme, disguised by accounting tricks. One thing seems clear: The pressure is mounting for Groupon to prove that it isn’t just a late-1990s-style hype machine.
And a more current link:

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2012/03/...unting-issues/

Wonder what MLMer, jumper and motivational tools seller John Milanoski, founder of TCA, is telling his sheeple and what his numbers are?

Old 04-03-2012, 11:28 AM

Better make sure there are no expiration dates on ALL those TCA deals out there.

Groupon to Settle Class-Action Lawsuit for $8.5 Million
Quote:
“Groupon effectively creates a sense of urgency among consumers to quickly purchase ‘groupon’ gift certificates by offering ‘daily deals’ for a short amount of time,” according to the first case filed last year. “Consumers therefore feel pressured and are rushed into buying the gift certificates and unwittingly become subject to the onerous sales conditions.”
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...illion-1-.html

Old 05-01-2012, 02:44 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Hey password,

No sense in letting non-doer's get you upset.

If they used as much energy in succeeding at something as they are tearing something else down, they would not be so miserable and may live a prosperous life.

You go and succeed! Good Luck!

Old 05-28-2012, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle815 View Post
Hey password,

No sense in letting non-doer's get you upset.

If they used as much energy in succeeding at something as they are tearing something else down, they would not be so miserable and may live a prosperous life.

You go and succeed! Good Luck!
Hey password,

Us non-doers didn't send in $75 bucks to buy a co-op for TCA. We did not spend countless hours putting our reputation on the line. We did not buy some "how to market it crap".

How are you doers in tca doing?

Or, like every other prelaunch scam, perhaps they've reinvented themselves, started a different twist of a scam and changed their name?

A deflection saying, I'm a negative person is NOT an answer. However, most seasoned scammers will resort to this as is apparent from the last poster eagle815.

Exposing overly embellished, mathematically impossible, "business opportunities" is not tearing down people, it is providing a public service.

Old 05-28-2012, 01:43 PM
Newbie Member

Have not been on this thread for quite awhile. I am really surprised to see that there are people still discussing this failed MLM/scam. Especially surprised that there are poor deluded souls still defending it! As if it were something of value. Very sad.

Clue folks: John Milanoski has used up his bag of excuses and moved on. You should too.

Old 06-04-2012, 09:35 PM
Newbie Member

Eagle, you crack me up you sound just like JM : ). TCA is dead in the water because of JM's lack of follow through and pure bullshid : 0

We put up the numbers, we did our job, TCA did not and that is why it is dead : (