report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Work at Home Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2010, 07:32 AM
Erod

Re: Crescent Processing Company

If you ever owned a small business and got
screwed by a B2B like CPC, it'd sure make
a difference. I guess you mean getting raped
by a company gives emotional maturity, or
is it being the rapist that makes you as
mature as a Nigerian scammer. Hmmm!
Ya' ever try honest work?

Old 10-06-2010, 10:16 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I'm glad to have taken the initiative to look up Crescent Processing Company. I ran across an ad at monster.com and went to CPCs website. Everything seemed legit, but something was bugging me... and then I came across this posting.

I wasn't told by the so called "recruiter" about any deposit for the laptop or fees if the quota is not meet etc. If a business is not going to say these facts up front, than why waste my time? It seems that some people find this out when its too late. And with great expectations of making "good" money, people tend to look past the future costs of driving everywhere and the possible disappointment of not making money or even owing money to CPC.

There were many mixed postings in response to this subject. I can see how many people may be drawn to this opportunity, how many people may be able to truly make good money and how compared to other companies this can be seen as a "good deal." Despite my confidence in being really good at persuading and influencing people, I refuse to pay to work somewhere, to have a financial obligation to a company with so many mixed reviews and be charged for representing the company and perhaps making money for them.

CPC is a great opportunity for a select few. But definitely not for me. I guess it all depends on the individual.

Thank you to everyone who provided valuable thoughts and opinions on this subject.

Old 10-21-2010, 07:19 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Hello out there,

I've read some of your comments and I just started with Crescent a few days ago, so far so good. My sales manager is wonderful, motivating, and is guiding me every step of the way.

I have to say with this job you have to know, love, enjoy sales and that's the truth. If you don't got it don't apply. You will have rude people and happy people tell you NO. You will get discouraged at times.

Truth is there are fees out there no matter who these businesses buy from. It is up to you to know what you are buying into and selling. Even cell phones have binding contracts. You pay for a new car for 5/6 years if you lose your job. Guess what, you still have to pay for the car!

I closed my 1st sell today and it was wonderful. I had 2 say NO. One that really didn't need it. One that had a good rate already and my sales manager was honest with me and the manager and suggested he keep the rate he had from his previous company. My sales manager is no scammer.

I have to say in all sincerity some of you are really exagerating. I have done marketing and sales for 9 years. Sales is not for everyone. Yes, they give you 2 to 4 set up appointments a day but this is what you signed up for. You can not cry about it later or complain the way they do it. It is their way not yours, they run the company not you. You can not put them down just because it does not work for you. My sales manager explained he does not tell me all the set appt. for the day because he wants us to stay focused on one appt. at a time. He is right, right, right. He is very professional and when he is not available I speak to Scott, they are both there for me. They are good at what they do.

Folks I have no complaints. The training was a quick 2 hours. The presentations are self explanitory. You must view it over and over and learn it well. The product does sell itself. Do I know everything after 2 days, NO, but that's why the sales manager is there. After the first sell application you will understand even more. This is sales.

In my 1st day my sales manager gave me my 1st appt. who said I was 3 days late he had already signed up with another company. I thanked him and told him if I could follow up with him in 2/3 months in case he was not pleased with the service and he said that was fine. I called my sales manager who suggested I follow up in a month. Then he gave me address to 2nd appt. who was not interested as his businness was struggling so he agreed I could follow up in a couple of months and we departed as friends. Then I got my 3rd appt. Lady was upset with current company and was afraid to switch to us because of bad previous experience. She was nice. Called my sales manager as I ended the day and he said I had done an excellent job even though I did not close a single appt. that day. Next morning I called him to check in he gave me 1st appt. for the day and I closed the sale.

Yes, I had driven miles the previous day but I knew that when I took the job that it required traveling. Yes, I know if you quit and do not return laptop you will have to pay for it. Some of you are whining but you need to realize this company is not for you. Sales is hard but if your good at it and thats what you want to do be patient you will reap the rewards.

I will let you know how I do from time to time.

Thanks, Yolanda

Last edited by Yolanda Esquivel : 10-21-2010 at 08:15 PM.

Old 10-22-2010, 05:50 PM
I am new at Scam.com

It's me again. Another day with CPC. I had 3 appts. scheduled today. The 1st one did not want to do anything with credit cards so I thanked her for her time and we parted as friends. Turns out her sister and I graduated together.

2nd appt. the gentlemen was skeptical about giving me his social security# so I showed him my drivers license and he was okay with that and I closed the sale.

Had hard time finding 3rd appt. so I called him and he was rude on the phone and hung up on me. I was okay with it because my life will go on.

A I said earlier you will have good clients and rude clients. Reported to sales manager at end of day who said I did good closing one appt.

Thanks, Yolanda

Old 10-25-2010, 10:25 AM
Erod

Damage control? You guys sure are motivated. Motivated? Yeah, motivated
to repeal honest people's posts, that expose this scam. This is a Scam website. We are motivated by events, not exaggerations, that
have negatively impacted us.
You say your so tickled to get this job (it's a
contract position). Why would you read our
posts, unless directed here by Crescent?
For me Terry Bradshaw was the salesman.
The Rep, was nothing more than an order
taker and facilitator. He didn't know all that
the scam was, that would follow. All he knew
was to say whatever it took and mislead as
much as possible to get a sale, then let the company do it's dirty work.
Exaggerate my ass. Someday you'll realize
what your doing, and decide what you can live with. I was only a customer. We get
screwed much faster than sales-folk. CPC
relys on your reeling in as many fish as
you can. I was that Sushi!

Old 12-22-2010, 10:05 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I have been scammed by this company (poor work ethics, lies from representatives, misrepresentation from costomer service reps, unauthorized bank withdrawals, etc.) I am reporting them to the Better Business Breau and will sue if need be, to recover monies and damages. This is certain not the kind of business that you would like be apart of. Your name and reputation is not worth it.

Old 01-24-2011, 12:51 PM
I am new at Scam.com

As a business owner I signed up with crescent processing with a sales rep, who told me there was no fees for early termination, after a year or so of using there service, credit card sales declined to a point were I getting all cash for services, and was paying 30bucks a month for something I was not using, so I decided to call crescent and let them know I wouldn't be needing their services anymore.

A rep on the phone told me that I would indeed have to pay for early termination, I asked to speak to the manager, after arguing with him on the phone about the sales reps misrepresentation of the contract, was also told I would have to pay.

I said I wasn't, and that the company did not have my permission to withdraw funds from my account. A few days later, and boom, my account gets hit by crescent, making my store rent check bounce and going into a negative balance.

I will not recommend anyone to Crescent Processing, If they cannot be honest, how can you trust them with your money?

Old 01-31-2011, 09:25 AM
Erod

Sorry to hear this lousy rip off company is still
ripping everyone off. The contract says nothing about an early termination fee. They call it something out of the bible, that has nothing to do with the charge. They say you can't sue them in the state where they screwed you. You can however. You can also show the contract to your bank, and they can reverse what they stole.
That's right. I did and my bank reversed the charge and changed my account info. I think
I had to fill out an affidavit as well. That was
Wells Fargo Bank a year ago. Good Luck!
Remember, too! There is no enforcible contract that can void any constitutional rights you've been given.

Old 02-11-2011, 04:36 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I worked in merchant processing for years not with crescent but we regularly came across horror stories from crescent customers who we switched over about forged paperwork, high rates and not being able to get hold of their rep once they had signed up as "they were no longer with the company". Its not just crescent that these practices are rife with, unfortunately the industry is not regulated and the way the employees are compensated and trained has alot to do with the unethical practices and high staff turnovers. For those of us who were genuine and wanted to provide a good service we were constantly up against the bad reputation of the industry and at the mercy of visa.mastercard redulatons over issues like charge backs and funds being held over high ticket transactions.

There are good reps out there who genuinely want to help and educate their customers, and not make a quick buck. Nearly all reps in the industry are paid on commissions, alot of the time they will go out of pocket and set people up fro free at a cost to themselves but they are paid residuals off the account so its in their interest to retain you and keep you business.

My advice to you is to find out how long your potential rep has worked for their processor, ask them for a client list, referalls, and NEVER sign anything without the paperwrk being completed and a copy in your hands before they leave. Dont be fooled into buying high price equipment because they tell you are not complaint, d your research and find out before signing into a lease. After a month of being in a lease the processor steps out and any issues are between you and the leasing company and my experiences of dealing with them as a rep were very frustrating, its far cheaper and easier to buy outright.

Also alot of processors offer no contract if they tell you they dont and you need to pay higher rates thats BS and thats because we are told to tell customers that to lock them in. Its a cut throat industry, you can play people off and negotiate to what you want. Be respectful and your rep will look after you. If all else fails, go the the states attorney or BBB promise you then someone somewhere will help resolve your issues, thats the only way to get them to notice. If anyone has any questions about the industry in general and is looking for advice please ask me. Im no longer working in that industry I have nothing to gain. I just want to help educate people to make better choices, its not easy to understand and know when you are being pushed into something ot whether someone actually wants to give good service.

Old 03-06-2011, 11:48 AM
I am new at Scam.com

All processing companies charge early termination fees. If a company waives the early termination fees you are usually stuck with a non-cancellable lease for the equipment (usually 48 months). Crescent processing charges nothing for any of their equipment. Their rates are the lowest I've found without having to pay for any equipment. They also pay any early termination fees you encounter to switch to their services. And you do sign a contract (2-4 years) as with all processing companies. If you sell or go out of business there is no cancellation fees. Comparing Crescent to other processing companies, they get my vote. I wish we could accept and process cards for free....we would all be happy.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:06 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by guynotpaidyet6969 View Post
3 CUSTOMERS SIGNED UP 30 DAYS AGO,NOT PAID UNTIL MERCHANTS GET EQPTMENT AND NOT PAY ISSUED UNTIL EQPT.IS "ACTIVATED" THEN 1 WEEK WAITING PERIOD FO FED-X 1ST CHECK,cHECK DID NOT COME YESTERSAY FRI,CPC CLOSED SAT.FIRST SIGN UP mAY 29TH, CO LOST FAXED Co check,this week request for another sent,mid week shipment end of week activation,1 week waiting period. 2 customers activated last week from May 30th and june 4th activation on statement -$25.00x2=-$50.00
on 2 customers for a lap top with only 1 usb port,no internet asessability only locked in cpc use only! Also on commission form a -$39.00 support services charge is also taken out, so $89.00 taken out/deducted from first 2 merchant sales over 30 days late pay! I am pised off! I spent $120.00 in gas, 3 leads had moved and I spent about $40.00 gas at a loss for the extra run-around!!! I'm Calling cpc monday,Im out of money!
JENNS, could you tell us which town in Tx you're in?
Find the CEO of head office. Crescent in some cities is run very well, but others' experience, like V_raven, shows either poor management, or total fraud, may not even be connected to the company at all, just outright crooks copycatting techniques and methods. Find the Corporate office--214-789-5833 might work, dunno. there's a lot of phonies, crooks in the business world working scams under legitimate names. Do the research via Better Business bureau, and corporation registries. If they dont know your boss, he's fraud.Call cops.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:21 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMMYZ View Post
I joined this forum just to reply about Crescent.

My take is different, from the merchants point of view.

EVERYTHING I was told when I signed up was a lie.

I really believe that this is the companys policy.
They are so very good at it. In this area they are consistant.

Please avoid this place like grim death itself.

Applys if you are selling or buying.

Remember, experience is NOT the best teacher.
An informed decision based on good advice will save you a
world of hurt.
WHAT CITY, JIMMY? WHERE ARE YOU?
THE CORPORATION CANT MONITOR OFFICES WHERE CROOKS
ASSUME CRESCENT'S IDENTITY, THEN GO ON A RIP-OFF SPREE, AND SPLIT TO THE NEXT TOWN. CHECK THE BBB REPORTS NEXT TIME.

Old 09-22-2011, 08:02 PM
I am new at Scam.com

just go to http://www.bbb.org/dallas/business-r...as-tx-90028754 it tells me everything! D+ Bad bad bad

Last edited by jony-jony : 09-22-2011 at 08:15 PM.

Old 09-23-2011, 06:22 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Hi,Everyone this is my first post and i don't usually do this sort of thing but, I have to say Crescent Processing Co has got to be the worst company I have ever dealt with.I have owned my own business for close to 10 years and have dealt with many crooks and criminals but these guys take the cake.the sales rep didn't tell the truth when signing me up.Then left the company.they played games with me about my contract/expiration date.they have a very shifty staff that are not on the up and up.a nightmare co to deal with.If you are even considering dealing with this company,don't do it.I can't believe they haven't been shut down.

Old 12-12-2011, 11:08 PM
I am new at Scam.com

ALL INFO I COULD FIND!!

Crescent Processing Company
12700 Park Central Drive
Suite 1100, & 106 Dallas TX. 75251
Main: 1.877.233.3376 ext 8083
Main: 1.214.271.8808
Main: 1.877.778 .9555
Sales: 1.888.376.8509
Fax: 1.877.778.9222

Active Officers
Scott Armstrong
Thomas Greenlee
David S. Kesler
John Frankel (972) 758-0048

Possible Previous Officers and Management
Andy Frankel
Norman Frankel
C r a i g Frankel
Scott Stauffer #214-271-8083
Jason Cassuto
Mark Saxon #423-650-1662

Emails Found

jsenay@crescentprocesing.com
sstauffer@crescentprocesing.com
atriumrep@yahoo.com

Companies Possibly Involved
Atrium Processing
Champions Jrf
Crescent Processing Company
Suite Football Dreams
The Frankel 2005 Descendants Trust
First American Payment Systems
Certified Merchant Services
Encore Payment Systems
Prodigy Payment Systems
Momentum Payment Systems
Diamond Processing
Apex Merchant Group
Mi Pay
Mobile Credit Card Processing
Transtech Merchant Group
Summit Merchant Solutions
Lending.com is the ad on building they call home

Free Equipment Cost
One can buy terminals ranging from $140 to $200 to own.
Busy Merchants can do tens of thousands of dollars in transactions a month, and really want the savings to be in the rates and fees anyways, an extra $200 savings on a terminal is nice, but good luck on trying to find out the rates and fees from this company!

Commission Potential
Commissions can reach $341 if you sell all the extra perks such as 1.) pin based debit card,2.) check service,3.) gift cards, 4.) receipt capture, 5.)cash advance. Pin based debit card will be required by most retail merchants, the rest are rare needs or wants.
Give them basic terminal, without those extras and you will receive any where from of $111 to $225 a sale avg!
There ad’s for sales people state, they have 300 representatives, and have 1500 new sales every month, divide that you get an average of 5 sales per month per rep!’
The new account commission will be reduced by $49 IF you provide an external debit pin pad to the merchant AND do not charge the $49 fee.
The new account commission will be reduced IF you collect less than $60 for the one time processing fee:
It will be reduced by $30 if you collect a $30 one time processing fee.
It will be reduced by $60 if you do not collect any one time processing fee.
The new account commission will be reduced by $35 if the new account is signed up without pin-based debit.
reduced by $35 if the new account is signed up without Crescent Check.
reduced by $35 if the new account is signed up without Giftcard.
reduced by $35 if the new account is signed up without Receipt Capture.
reduced by $10 if the monthly minimum fee is waived.
reduced by $10 if the new account is signed up at the lowest qualified interchange rate.
reduced by $10 if the deconversion fee has been waived for any term period of less then 3 years .

Leads
The company’s ads and website states 2 to 4 leads given to sales rep per day or 10 to 20 per week with businesses and are said to be verified twice.
They will not allow you to have the number and call the customer out of fear of the customer canceling on you and them. (Personal Note: this does reflect on how highly they think of you as a professional sales person verses an appointment setter!)

Contract Writing Catch 22 Immoral
Fine print, when a customer signs the pen pad in a state that has a 3 day cancelation law they try and get around it and tell the customer that since they signed it electronically they fall under Texas Law and not the state where they live?

In closing: The words you are about to read in quotes were some good points made by other bloggers that I reworded to give my own spin on them, and I share with all of you as food for thought.

“First and foremost I too have also made it my personal policy to fully disclose up front all of the information I could to those I am selling to, in this case would be rates and fees and any fine print associated with the company I worked for.” “I agree that merchants should expect there to be fees associated with processing electronic transactions, but it is the moral responsibility of an ethical company to make sure that there be no fine print, and all truth in the sales process be in open with nothing to hide, for customers are trusting, and only the immoral prey on the trusting.” “There is a good rep out here who genuinely wants to help and educate not only customers but also other employees and possible employee’s etc., who may not have had the time to read blogs, and research this type of company.” “I know I don't have to worry about my clients trusting me, because I will always try to give the truth of what I offer and not give into trickery to steal from the less fortunate!”

Thank you for reading, and I hope I have been of help to those of you researching this company. Poor stealing from the poor is sad and pathetic, rich and educated men stealing from the poor is not just pathetic, but evil.

Last edited by Firstandforemost : 12-12-2011 at 11:19 PM.

Old 12-24-2011, 08:44 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Lets Be Perfectly Clear here BBB ratings DO NOT APPLY to Employee/Employer relations in any way shape or form so anyone from the site or crescent trying to defend the company based on that fact is so full of BAH HUMBUG its not even funny.

Secondly has anyone out there noticed that CPC:
"THIS BUSINESS IS NOT BBB ACCREDITED

Crescent Processing Company"

However in their defense they do have an A- rating which is above average in the way they treat their customers! this in no way indicates how they treat their sales reps, if they pay, if their pc's are crap, if they are honorable, if they can spell respectable.
I still log in and check to see people talking about this company and what i see is this, NO BODY IS AROUND FOR ANY LENGTH OF TIME, however this might be due to the fact if they were doing well they might be out talking to customers and closing deals and looking for clients rather than in here looking at this! But I however had a particularly bad few weeks at work and when I get a little stressed at any job I have had since CPC I come back in here and remind myself exactly how bad it was working for CPC.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL
GOD BLESS

Old 02-23-2012, 06:24 PM
I am new at Scam.com

It has been interesting to say the least about all of these posts in regards to Crescent Processing. I too am considering selling for them. I have to take the 'negative' comments with a grain of salt. I noticed that several of the negative comments were made by people who were almost illiterate (poor grammar skills; unable to punctuate; etc, etc.) So, I have to ask myself, is the reason they have had a bad experience due to a lack of "intelligence"? I happen to think that those who cannot express themselves in the 'written' word, probably cannot express themselves in the 'verbal' word as well - and thus find it very difficult to sell and/or understand the company's policies. Perhaps they can't understand the proper procedures to follow. Those who had positive comments appeared to be better educated. Hmmm. Just thinking out loud here.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:08 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnycash View Post
Seriously, are you insane this company has a great product. They do what they say, and if you could sell and read what you signed up for you would have been successful. Thanks for listening IDIOT!
Seriously Johnnycash?!?

Hmmm. I wonder if old "Johnny" is one of the the Active Officers?

Crescent Processing Company is very misleading and very dishonest by not giving you all the details. Leaving out very important information that effects you financially is very dishonest. I believe they are basically a scam.
I have a laptop of my own but they require you to pay for theirs because it "has all the sales info you need on it". Send me a disc and I'll put it on mine! But no, they refuse to do that. And what kind of company charges you you 40 dollars (on top of the 300 for the laptop) just to start working for them?

Thats how they make their money. By sending you a $200 laptop charging you $300 for it and they never refund your 300 anyway. So they make $340 dollars for everyone who signs up. They turn down noone. If you pay them, your hired. A friend of mine did it and he sent the laptop back to them over 4 months ago and still hasnt received his 300 back. This is only one of the seriously fed up thins he told me about this company. I could go on and on.

Seriously, the only way you could stick up for this company, give them a good review, and call everyone who doesn't "idiots" you is if you were the owner of the company.

I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy.