report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Political Chat
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2012, 10:08 PM
Newbie Member

Re: Plan'd Parenthd 2011: $500,000,000/329,445 Mur

Like many of these hot button issues it needs to be removed from the national debate and returned to the states to legislate. The more these issues are handled nationally where the 51% in power are able to force their views of morality on the 49% we'll be more and more divided. This country wasn't meant to be a national democracy for this very reason.

There is no perfect answer to this especially in a ever growing hyper sexual culture. I can hardly let my kids watch tv or listen to the radio anymore.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:10 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZoe View Post
There are many, many reasons why people end up with unplanned pregnancies, failed birth control amongst them.

A lot of young people who tend to have that "it can't happen to me" attitude find themselves in trouble as well as those who believe nonsense from their peers about alternative methods to prevent getting pregnant. SO much misinformation out there.

My former sister-in-law was convinced that you couldn't get pregnant if you had intercourse for less than 20 minutes. Others believe you can prevent the pregnancy in an emergency situation if you douche with CocaCola. I won't even go into the 'rhythm method'.

Failing birth control can range from forgetting to take one's pill to a broken condom. People just don't realize that there are several ways to boost the efficiency of prophylactics and don't take the extra steps necessary to make them nearly foolproof.

It gets a little stickier (no pun intended) when we get into alternative forms of birth control for people who cannot take birth control pills. IUDs can fall out, diaphragms can slip.

Still, with enough education on how to properly use all forms of birth control and have backup plans in case the first line fails, well over 98% of unplanned pregnancies can be prevented.

Our main hurdle in this issue is getting parents to understand that the more and better education you provide your children, the better choices they'll ultimately make. Far too many people think that this just gives kids free license to have sex. In fact, it's the opposite. Give them what they need in this vital time of their transition to adulthood and they will make the right decisions at the right time.

Prevention is SO EASY when one strips away the superstition, the misinformation, and the resistance.
I've been around a while so I certainly know all of the ways birth control can fail.

I just wondered if Planned Parenthood had put out information about this because I have read most women who have unwanted pregnancies are using birth control and Planned Parenthood is educating and prescribing birth control..
Also giving abortions to those that have used their birth control and gotten pregnant.

Just wanted to hear some facts about what may be going wrong on their end.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:16 PM
Je suis un travesti executif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
I've been around a while so I certainly know all of the ways birth control can fail.

I just wondered if Planned Parenthood had put out information about this because I have read most women who have unwanted pregnancies are using birth control and Planned Parenthood is educating and prescribing birth control..
Also giving abortions to those that have used their birth control and gotten pregnant.

Just wanted to hear some facts about what may be going wrong on their end.

Perhaps f unding cuts could be creating an issue as well as bad press focusing only on the abortion issue and neglecting the majority of the services they offer, these things making less women go there for help than in decades past. There are also the protesters outside of the clinics that could prevent many women from even entering the buildings.

Also, they can only educate. They can't make sure women use birth control properly. There is only so much ANYONE can do in that regard.

I don't see anything that would indicate a trend in the failure of any type of birth control, nothing other than just plain old operator error on the part of the women.

Did you hear of something specific so I can research it?

"The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband." ~ Joan Rivers

Old 01-04-2012, 10:32 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Perhaps f unding cuts could be creating an issue as well as bad press focusing only on the abortion issue and neglecting the majority of the services they offer, these things making less women go there for help than in decades past. There are also the protesters outside of the clinics that could prevent many women from even entering the buildings.

Also, they can only educate. They can't make sure women use birth control properly. There is only so much ANYONE can do in that regard.

I don't see anything that would indicate a trend in the failure of any type of birth control, nothing other than just plain old operator error on the part of the women.

Did you hear of something specific so I can research it?
No

I'm just curious.

Your ideas on how to get this problem under control are good ideas but it may be more difficult than what you think. If you educate a woman and she and her partner still have issues what else can you do? That's why I wondered if we knew just why the birth control was failing these women.

Could be poor education, failure of the birth control used but I would think it is the woman herself and also possibly her partner that is the problem.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
No

I'm just curious.

Your ideas on how to get this problem under control are good ideas but it may be more difficult than what you think. If you educate a woman and she and her partner still have issues what else can you do? That's why I wondered if we knew just why the birth control was failing these women.

Could be poor education, failure of the birth control used but I would think it is the woman herself and also possibly her partner that is the problem.
Of course what I propose would be difficult to put into action. The ideas aren't politically expedient....lol

I can't say the issue is the particular couple because other than ignorance or (if you will) "technical" failure, there really isn't any reason one would allow an unplanned pregnancy. The only way to fight ignorance is education and we can't ban basic stupidity....lol

One thing I know for certain...no one is getting pregnant just to have an abortion. No one SANE.

"The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband." ~ Joan Rivers

Old 01-04-2012, 10:39 PM
Preserve. Protect. Defend.

Quote:
Planned Parenthood gave me excellent advice about adoption when I was young and in trouble and even referred me to the attorney who handled the adoption.

Their purpose is to educate as well as provide services. People tend to not realize this or they ignore it in their effort to tip the scales in their favor.

That is GREAT.

However, we KNOW that is not what they usually do. From any number of studies and exposes.

Didja miss all of those?

They are in the baby-murder business, as their founder intended. Of course, she wanted SO much more...LOL

Make Your Heart As Big as Your Dreams
Is your future secured?
Do you have all the money you need?
Do you have a plan to achieve your financial goals?
Would you like to see one?
thinkdreamcreate@gmail.com
Think big. Dream big. Create a better world.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrone View Post
That is GREAT.

However, we KNOW that is not what they usually do. From any number of studies and exposes.

Didja miss all of those?

They are in the baby-murder business, as their founder intended. Of course, she wanted SO much more...LOL

Sweetheart, I'm going to ignore your insincere posting of misinformation because you're only doing it to entertain yourself and don't wish to actually exchange ideas.

I thought I'd let you know.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:43 PM

Quote:
There are many, many reasons why people end up with unplanned pregnancies, failed birth control amongst them.

A lot of young people who tend to have that "it can't happen to me" attitude find themselves in trouble as well as those who believe nonsense from their peers about alternative methods to prevent getting pregnant. SO much misinformation out there.

My former sister-in-law was convinced that you couldn't get pregnant if you had intercourse for less than 20 minutes. Others believe you can prevent the pregnancy in an emergency situation if you douche with CocaCola. I won't even go into the 'rhythm method'.

Failing birth control can range from forgetting to take one's pill to a broken condom. People just don't realize that there are several ways to boost the efficiency of prophylactics and don't take the extra steps necessary to make them nearly foolproof.

It gets a little stickier (no pun intended) when we get into alternative forms of birth control for people who cannot take birth control pills. IUDs can fall out, diaphragms can slip.

Still, with enough education on how to properly use all forms of birth control and have backup plans in case the first line fails, well over 98% of unplanned pregnancies can be prevented.

Our main hurdle in this issue is getting parents to understand that the more and better education you provide your children, the better choices they'll ultimately make. Far too many people think that this just gives kids free license to have sex. In fact, it's the opposite. Give them what they need in this vital time of their transition to adulthood and they will make the right decisions at the right time.

Prevention is SO EASY when one strips away the superstition, the misinformation, and the resistance.

It ranges all the way to those who don't give a fuck.

WE have an entire demographic (blacks) who just do not give a fuck. The stats are appalling.

There is no shortage of education or condoms.

And we can thank liberals , as always, for glorifying the baby-mamas (the single best indicator of failure) as well as demonizing religion and the family unit.

They give us SO much!

_

Is your future secured?

Old 01-04-2012, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Sweetheart, I'm going to ignore your insincere posting of misinformation because you're only doing it to entertain yourself and don't wish to actually exchange ideas.

I thought I'd let you know.

You mean to say you are unaware of all the exposes of P.P.?

REALLY?

You are obviously very sincere in your desire to exchange ideas...

Is your future secured?

Old 01-04-2012, 10:49 PM
I ain't got time for pedantic Ghandi type internet nerds

Quote:
You mean to say you are unaware of all the exposes of P.P.?

REALLY?

You are obviously very sincere in your desire to exchange ideas...

Calm down Pwrone.....

Old 01-04-2012, 10:52 PM

Quote:

WE have an entire demographic (blacks) who just do not give a fuck. The stats are appalling.

And we can thank liberals , as always, for glorifying the baby-mamas (the single best indicator of failure) as well as demonizing religion and the family unit.

They give us SO much!

_

What a complete load of bulldoody.

Climb down from your bigoted, partisan perch of ignorance and join the ranks of society that would seek to find solutions rather than divide us further.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:57 PM

Quote:

They give us SO much!

_

Pwrone, easy buddy.

The Blacks do give a F#@k.

What is appalling is the stats you post.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yawn... View Post
Pwrone, easy buddy.

The Blacks do give a F#@k.

What is appalling is the stats you post.
Geez, no shit! lol

Old 01-04-2012, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Geez, no shit! lol
Pwrone runs away now when I start posting.

Ask him sometime how whites are more 39 time more likely to be attacked by blacks.

Old 01-04-2012, 11:01 PM

Quote:
What a complete load of bulldoody.

Climb down from your bigoted, partisan perch of ignorance and join the ranks of society that would seek to find solutions rather than divide us further.

LOL...

Just give one example of "bulldoody"

Nothing there that is not common knowledge...

Is your future secured?

Old 01-04-2012, 11:03 PM

Quote:
LOL...

Just give one example of "bulldoody"

Nothing there that is not common knowledge...

There is nothing even remotely verifiable in what you posted. It's just inflammatory nonsense.

Old 01-04-2012, 11:03 PM
Diamond Member

I'm not saying anyone gets pregnant just to have an abortion but we do have people who do not have any problems with having an abortion. In fact they have several.

I have spoken to women who said it did not bother them at all. People try and make it sound like all women just go through so much turmoil when having to decide about abortion and that is not the truth.

Old 01-04-2012, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yawn... View Post
Pwrone runs away now when I start posting.

Ask him sometime how whites are more 39 time more likely to be attacked by blacks.

Huh? You have been eviscerated in your every attempt to defend the indefensible. The problem is that you don't know anything--are always wrong--and will happily lie and create strawmen just to continue a thread.

Now, why not look up the numbers on abortions by race? Hey, while you are at it, why not look up the numbers on babies out of wedlock by race as well, and THEN tell me who gives a fuck about birth control.

Idiot.

Is your future secured?