report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Government Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2011, 01:54 PM
Newbie Member

What is people opinion on this website?

What is people opinion on this website?

SSDFacts.com? I don't know if it is scam. It may not be. It is not an official government site either.

www.ssdfacts.com/about
One thing that bugs me is on the about page. This statement designed by people that have worked for the Social Security Disability System. I am not saying it is or isn't true.

Don't most government employees sign a NDA that still in effect after they leave, retire or get fired?

Old 10-19-2011, 09:38 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: What is people opinion on this website?

I am a member of that forum and can't see anything about it that would be a scam. The website is free, the forum is free and all the information is free. What are they possibly scamming?

The about page said it is designed by people that have been through the system. However, there is a lot of information from social security on the site and there are posts in the forum from people who say they worked for social security and I have found the information to be on point.

I guess all I can say is that for a site to be a scam, they have to be trying to get something. This site, from my experience, offers nothing but help and at no charge at all.

Last edited by nidra : 10-19-2011 at 09:44 AM.

Old 10-24-2011, 03:18 AM
Newbie Member

I wouldn't have a problem if it was called SSDforums not SSDFacts.com and remove the part designed by people that have worked for the Social Security Disability System on the about page. Aren't those just people's opinions anyway?

Old 12-19-2011, 07:50 AM
Newbie Member

Update

I am still not saying it is a scam. I been looking over the website

http://www.ssdfacts.com/Contact

It is kind of odd, wanting paypal donations.

It also kind of odd wanting letters or documents scanned to them.

This would explain why my post were deleted. I was posting accuate information I got from the secuirty websites and it was deleted. I haven't posted since them.

I just advise caution. To get accuate information contact Social Secuirty or look on the Official Social Secuirty website. Do not rely on forums, or other unoffical websites.

Old 12-21-2011, 02:50 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I have to wonder your motive for your posts. Almost all forums have a donation option to help defer the cost of running the site.
As for the letter scans, the majority are from the owner of the site and I think they are a great tool.
As I mentioned, I am a member of the forum and asked the owner about your posts and they have no record of you ever joining? Interesting.
She said she would be happy to look into it if you want to contact her using the contact info on the website.
I think you are losing the point of a forum. You call scam on a free forum that helps others with no charge whatsoever.
I think the scam may be you.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:11 AM
Newbie Member

I don't appreciate being called a scam. Of course, they don't have my user name. I used a different one. Just ask them about the Payee discussion if you find out my user name, please don't post it here. They conflicted everything I posted & was told or read on the official Social Security website. They also deleted accurate information. Here is the part I am talking about. Normally, you can have a separate account for the beneficiary. There is a exception where the funds can be mixed including your own funds. I am a payee.

http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/10076.html
Quote:
How funds should be held

An exception for parents who are representative payees

A common checking account for all family members living in the same household who receive benefits may show a parent as the owner of the account. Childrenís savings, however, must be held in a separate savings account for each child, with the childís name shown as the owner of the account.
The reason for this my kid has to pay for some of the cost to live here. A shared account with my kid helps. Some bills require the kid name to be on the account to get help. Like the telephone. The telephone has to be in his name to get lifeline.

For the record I am on dial-up.

I wouldn't of brought this up. I did because of your comment/question.

Last edited by gpatrick900 : 12-26-2011 at 06:16 AM.

Old 03-08-2012, 05:21 PM
I am new at Scam.com

people on this website have been giving their opinions on a multitude of issues. some they are qualified to comment on, some they may not be