report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2011, 10:45 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Do you think this is a scam?

Okay this is probably gonna be pretty long, but I need someones advice on whether they think I'm being scammed or not.

I was looking on kijiji for a job. I can't find the actual post now but basically it was dancing in clubs as promo girls for $1000 dollars a week. Obviously sounds like the best job is the world for a 19 year old girl. So I called her. Her name is Kim Eigler. She is super nice I've talked to her on the phone a couple times. My friend even went to one of the meetings she held before. They were pretty much hiring anyone though which I thought was odd. You didn't need experience, they didn't even need to see what you look like. She just told me about the program and said they would hire a choreographer to train us. She did ask for $40 just to show that we were serious about coming and we would get it back at training. She said they do this now because they had alot of girls sign up in the past and only some showed up for training. So it was supposed to start August 10th.

So ** august 10th she sends out a mass email saying they haven't had enough girls sign up yet. I've added her on facebook and everything. All the girls who joined post on her wall. So she's a real person and not afraid to show it. So we're waiting and eventually she gets enough girls but then she has to get head office in ottawa to confirm all the girls. Which takes weeks because apparently nobody answered their phone.

I look at her facebook daily and she has kicked out a girl already for "negative comments" about the program. And says they have 1000 staff and she won't tolerate it. But there's only one girl melody making confirmation calls.

So this week she send out an email saying they got all the girls confirmed and the choreographer (who apparently costs $20000 from florida to train girls who no experience) isn't available till september 18th. But she says in the meantime she has marketing jobs for us, completely optional. Something about getting people to pay $10 and sign up for some music scavenger hunt for prizes. Well, nobody does it so she pulls it and sets up a different one to sell calling cards. Now apparently this one is mandatory or people will get cut from the program for not showing enthusiasm.

So I really just don't know what to think about it. My sister has joined with me and she feels the same way I do. We could just wait for september 18th and then something else will come up, but she'll have these marketing things that we have to do. And then she could just cut us from the program someday and we'll never know.

Sorry this is so long. Thoughts?

Old 08-27-2011, 03:10 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Do you think this is a scam?

Obvious and clear scam. You do NOT pay up front to get a job.
That's one of the major red flags that you are dealing with a con artist.
And in this case, her modus operandi appears to be that of a Nigerian 419, Advance Fee Fraud.