report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > MLM Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2011, 08:48 AM
Platinum Member

5linx Info

I'm looking for info on 5linx. There's another thread, but it was started back in 2005, and the more recent posts haven't been of much use to me.

I'm wondering if their products and power/gas services are competitive, or priced at a premium like everyone else?

I'm wondering if this is a thing I can run in ten hours or less a week and be in the black in a short amount of time (besides that 30 day bonus of $250-$750 depending).

I'm wondering if it's necessary to buy point of sale products, say in excess of $25 a month, which is what the pamphlets would cost me.

I'm wondering if I'll be pressured to attend pay-to-play meetings and conventions a-la Amway, because I'm unwilling to do that.

Basically, is 5linx competitively priced, and can I run it from a computer in under 10 hours a week, mostly in my downtime at work, or once or twice a week after the kids go to bed, with the occasional downline soliciatation?

** run it less than ten hours a week, I mean that it would be reasonable to be seeing at least upwards of $500/month a year in? I've been told that there's a way to solicit business through a website that they show you how to set up. Even if I just did that, and saw a little profit net of expenses, I could easily persuade downlines to do the same. Just set up the site, spend a few hours a week following up with it, and set up residuals? It would be an easy sell to the downlines, for sure.

Old 07-22-2011, 02:11 PM
Most Valued Platinum Member

Re: 5linx Info

Looks like MLM is not for you. Thanks for looking.
Thise links basically had comments that looks like it waas written by Amway IBO's.
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecool44
Learn to read you fvcking moron. I never claimed those pages were from IBO's.
And he admits to changing people's posts!
Quote:
By the way, I only change links when people make personal (unsubstantiated) attacks on me. I find it works quite effectively when I employ that tactic.

Old 07-22-2011, 03:08 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
Looks like MLM is not for you. Thanks for looking.
Ok, I get it. You've said that MLM isn't for me on four or five threads now. I still haven't seen an example of a reputable MLM that doesn't exploit it's downlines. Really, with all the money the company saves on sales employees, marketing, etc, they can't price the product to allow a small profit at the direct sales level?

And how does your reply contribute to this thread in any meaningful way?

Last edited by BoxAlarm126 : 07-22-2011 at 03:17 PM.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:53 AM
Platinum Member

Nobody's got anything? The company deals in en3rgy, VIOP, video phones, and such. The video says that the company gives (up to) $4 for each Globalinx customer contract (presumably to be broken up throughout the downline chain), and that the average compensations is $ 0.50 per contract, so if you sold twenty contracts, you would get around $10 a month. This is the total between you and your downlines. There are also bonuses for signing up downlines within 30 days, along with the requisite sales volume. In addition, the company shares some of their profit with the distributorship. How this works, and who gets a piece of the pie is unclear.

The signup fee is $250. It's not known to me if there is any mandatory autoship or mandatory contracts for any of their services, or any monthly/renewal fees. Their point of sale products don't look to terribly expensive, but it's still an out of pocket expense.

I'm curious if this company has any real earning potential without draining the new distributor's pockets with mandatory personal consumption, quotas, mandatory meetings and conventions, etc. Also, and just as important, I'm curious if the price for their contracts and products are competitive with their competition (ACN for example) and more importantly if their contract prices are competitive with the retail market (Verizon, Vonage, etc.)

Anybody have anything on this company? They're tight lipped and vague as usual, until you commit ** paying the signup fee, which is when they break it all down for you. I'd like the full story before I throw down a few hundred.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:12 AM
Most Valued Platinum Member

I still dont think that MLM is for you. Your time would be much more productive looking elsewhere, IMHO.
Thise links basically had comments that looks like it waas written by Amway IBO's.
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecool44
Learn to read you fvcking moron. I never claimed those pages were from IBO's.
And he admits to changing people's posts!
Quote:
By the way, I only change links when people make personal (unsubstantiated) attacks on me. I find it works quite effectively when I employ that tactic.

Old 07-30-2011, 07:13 AM
Diamond Member

One of their top producers, Andre Maronian just left the company

Old 07-30-2011, 02:50 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxAlarm126 View Post
Nobody's got anything? The company deals in en3rgy, VIOP, video phones, and such. The video says that the company gives (up to) $4 for each Globalinx customer contract (presumably to be broken up throughout the downline chain), and that the average compensations is $ 0.50 per contract, so if you sold twenty contracts, you would get around $10 a month. This is the total between you and your downlines. There are also bonuses for signing up downlines within 30 days, along with the requisite sales volume. In addition, the company shares some of their profit with the distributorship. How this works, and who gets a piece of the pie is unclear.

The signup fee is $250. It's not known to me if there is any mandatory autoship or mandatory contracts for any of their services, or any monthly/renewal fees. Their point of sale products don't look to terribly expensive, but it's still an out of pocket expense.

I'm curious if this company has any real earning potential without draining the new distributor's pockets with mandatory personal consumption, quotas, mandatory meetings and conventions, etc. Also, and just as important, I'm curious if the price for their contracts and products are competitive with their competition (ACN for example) and more importantly if their contract prices are competitive with the retail market (Verizon, Vonage, etc.)

Anybody have anything on this company? They're tight lipped and vague as usual, until you commit ** paying the signup fee, which is when they break it all down for you. I'd like the full story before I throw down a few hundred.
5 Linx is the reciprocal of ACN. ACN has the better products and services but lousy comp plan whereas 5 Linx has crappy products and a better comp plan.

5 Linx's comp plan is better because it's a lot harder to sell their products! And yes, they charge you $50/month to use the personal web services.

5 Linx also does NOT have contracts with Verizon because Jerabek was involved in a shady telecom company that ruined relationships between them. Verizon is one of the BIGGEST carriers in the US! Way to fuck that up!

Old 07-31-2011, 08:40 AM
I am new at Scam.com

The only way you think 5linx has better comp is if math was not your strong point. The math is simple and irrefutable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARKVI View Post
5 Linx is the reciprocal of ACN. ACN has the better products and services but lousy comp plan whereas 5 Linx has crappy products and a better comp plan.

5 Linx's comp plan is better because it's a lot harder to sell their products! And yes, they charge you $50/month to use the personal web services.

5 Linx also does NOT have contracts with Verizon because Jerabek was involved in a shady telecom company that ruined relationships between them. Verizon is one of the BIGGEST carriers in the US! Way to fuck that up!

Old 07-31-2011, 12:19 PM
Silver Member

Did ACN's comp plan get that much better in the last 3 years?

Old 08-06-2011, 06:19 PM
I am new at Scam.com

In reply to BoxAlarm:

Basically, you should more or less consider 5linx as an investment. The reason I say this is because to be honest you will not make very much money at first, but that does not mean that down the line you couldn't expand your team into say 50+ members all making a little bit more each month. The majority of the employees have other jobs and use this as a way to have a constant stream of income coming in each month. The more customers/team members you sign up, the better your account is looking.
Yes, they make you pay a few hundred up front and $50 a month, but you have to look at it as your own business. You customize your website, network with businesses and friends that you know etc. you should do fine eventually. Now, if you slack off and do not put much time and effort into the business, then you'll get what you inevitably knew would happen.
Do not settle for less and don't judge a book ** it's cover just because the end result looks so foreign you wouldn't poke it with a rusted fork. Do whatever it is you love to do and I promise customers will not care about how one of the first few things you get in a search engine deals with a scam, or that when you refer them to real sales professionals that often times they can be pushy with the sale. Then maybe one day you'll look back when you're driving a BMW or a Bentley that the company gives you, and be glad that you stuck to your guns on an important decision.

Old 08-06-2011, 06:22 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
I still dont think that MLM is for you. Your time would be much more productive looking elsewhere, IMHO.
Nice quote/paraphrase of steve carter, and or his wife since their speeches reflect each others'. I think most people would want to be in the 3% if they had the choice.