report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > MLM Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2009, 05:11 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Is BigCrumbs a scam?

So, this was my question a while ago and I thought I would shed my two cents on BigCrumbs. The biggest complaint I hear about BigCrumbs is that it's a Pyramid Scam. Unsure I decided to take the jump and join. So hear is what I found.

In order for Bigcrumbs to be a Pyramid Scam it has to be two things. A Pyramid and a Scam. Lets examine both.

Pyramid: Yes, but only if you choose to be a Crumb Earner and participate in the referral process. This results in less cash back on your own purchases but the overall potential for earning is exponentially greater. So yes, because your opportunity for great wealth relies on the referral process I would say it definitely has some Pyramid like qualities. However, you can just as well choose to be a Crumb Saver, this results in more cash back on your own purchases but less opportunity in regards to referrals.

Scam: For me, and maybe your definition is different but a scam will result in me being taken advantage of and losing something. I've been a member of Bigcrumbs for a while now. I've never been asked for a credit card number or anything suspicious. I've never lost anything, only gained. Gained what? Real Money!!

So how and why would Bigcrumbs give me money when I shop?
It's actually simple and because I operate my own website I happen to understand it a little bit. It's called affiliate marketing. See, I run a small travel blog and I affiliate myself with big sites like Travelocity. I put their advertising on my website and when someone clicks and is whisked off to their site I earn a percentage of any sales.

So essentially BigCrumbs has affiliated themselves with a large mass and broad range of Merchant Websites. When you use their site as a portal to go shop at other websites, they get paid!

OK, that makes sense but why would they give me some? You probably already know the answer. It's because they want you to come back again and again and use their website as a portal to shop at other websites. By offering you some of the cut they give you a reason to come back and use them as a shopping portal again and again instead of going direct to the merchant site. Overtime this results in more money for them but its also good for you. It's just smart business but you might think...isn't the merchant site sort of getting scammed?

No, for them its just another form of advertising and let me tell you. Merchant sites like eBay and BestBuy and everyone of them approves who they accept as a affiliate and run their programs according to their agenda. If they deemed BigCrumbs not a valuable source of income they would drop them as affiliates and stop paying them.

It's that easy and its no joke, BigCrumbs is for real and so is the opportunity for you to make money!

Last edited by Hopeful Cynic : 12-24-2009 at 08:23 AM.

Old 06-28-2011, 01:57 PM
Newbie Member

Re: Is BigCrumbs a scam?

Defiantly no scam I just got my first payout for $54.. woohoo! Click here to check out my profile

Old 06-28-2011, 02:25 PM
Gold Member

Do you even know the proper definition / explanation of a pyramid as it relates to networking?

Evidently not . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfalk75 View Post

The biggest complaint I hear about BigCrumbs is that it's a Pyramid Scam. Unsure I decided to take the jump and join. So hear is what I found.

In order for Bigcrumbs to be a Pyramid Scam it has to be two things. A Pyramid and a Scam. Lets examine both.

Pyramid: Yes, but only if you choose to be a Crumb Earner and participate in the referral process.

Old 06-28-2011, 02:27 PM
Silver Member

What a poorly disguised spam thread this is.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:21 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodaattone View Post
What a poorly disguised spam thread this is.
Want to jump off your high horse for a sec and share a better way?

Old 06-30-2011, 06:05 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamtheschmoo View Post
Want to jump off your high horse for a sec and share a better way?
Get off your low horse SPAMMER and read the rules. You are not supposed to post links.

Old 06-30-2011, 06:14 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

according to william's page, he has worked this all year and is credited with $1.92 in referral commissions.

if i had failed that badly at anything, i wouldn't be bragging about it.

Old 06-30-2011, 06:36 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
according to william's page, he has worked this all year and is credited with $1.92 in referral commissions.

LOL... Google Adsense pays better than that..

Old 06-30-2011, 10:51 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:

I am not bragging and if you look at my page again I have only been a member there for less than 2 months. All I am saying is instead of looking down on me give me some ideas I am new to all of this.
Or do people like you just like to point your fingers and laugh at others that may not be as skilled as yourselves?

Old 06-30-2011, 10:58 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodaattone View Post
LOL... Google Adsense pays better than that..
I am new to all of this I don't have a site with enough quality content to use adsense or adwords yet. My point is why just laugh at me? Why not help me? If I am doing something wrong, give me some advice?
You make it seem like you never had to start from somewhere.

Old 06-30-2011, 03:29 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

sorry, this is scam.com. we don't usually try to help people make more money. we expose scams. your page says you signed up 6 months ago and got $1.92 so far. minimum wage is $7.25 an hour, or $15,000 a year. use your time more wisely. stop trying to get something for nothing.

Old 06-30-2011, 11:00 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:
sorry, this is scam.com. we don't usually try to help people make more money. we expose scams. your page says you signed up 6 months ago and got $1.92 so far. minimum wage is $7.25 an hour, or $15,000 a year. use your time more wisely. stop trying to get something for nothing.
"Joined: 05/19/2011" is 6 months ago? Yeah ok you might want to check your ti 85 again buddy. Anyway I do a lot of trading online and bigcrumbs has added extra money to my paypal through cashback on my normal purchases. Referrals are not my focus. Whats wrong with posting a link to my account so people can see my results? I didn't ask for anyone to sign up under me?
I feel like I am kind of spinning my wheels talking to you though. I see that you insist on making fun of the small amount I have made in referrals. Believe me sir or mam I do very well with my existing online business and for you to suggest that I am "trying to get something for nothing" is rather offensive.

Old 06-30-2011, 11:09 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:
And furthermore why not try to help people make more money? I could see if my link went to some bogus get rich quick site or a lose ten pounds in five days type of page but it doesn't so why should I be ridiculed for earning $1.40 in referrals? You forgot to mention I have earned $144 in cash back for my own purchases during the past two months. Minimum wage aside that is just extra money for me ON TOP of the money I already make.

Old 07-01-2011, 06:13 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

Quote:
I have been a bigcrumbs member since early 2011. I earn cashback everytime I buy something online. Please read this sites super easy instructions and policies and then sign up above. This is one of THE most awesome sites online period!
oh, sorry. i didn't read it all. early in 2011 would mean january, to me.

cash back is usually offered on things i don't buy. we can't judge the value of your cash back without knowing what it was you bought. i used to work in a motel. i could rent you the room for $40, or, if you wanted a formal discount, it was $59.95 minus 10%= $54. you got $6 cash back! sucker.

the car is $25k, but if you like, we can charge you $27k and give you a two thousand dollar rebate, so you will feel like you got over.

so, i don't know what you bought but doubt you have any gain at all. you should go get some sales and marketing training so you know what kind of tricks they are going to use on you. don't be a sucker.

recruiting others into any marketing pyramid is not noble, in my opinion. life is short. do something to improve yourself and to help others. stop being so selfish.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:28 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:

recruiting others into any marketing pyramid is not noble, in my opinion. life is short. do something to improve yourself and to help others. stop being so selfish.
I buy and sell online, I don't make thousands a day but I can assure you I make alot more than minimum wage.
Bigcrumbs enhances what I would normally be buying anyway.

For you to comment on what it is I am buying, without even knowing what it is that I do, is extremely presumptuous.

Sounds like you are one of those people that has it all figured out.

I cant believe I even asked you for any real advice in the first place.

Last edited by williamtheschmoo : 07-01-2011 at 04:22 PM.

Old 07-04-2011, 02:09 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:
oh, sorry. i didn't read it all. early in 2011 would mean january, to me.

cash back is usually offered on things i don't buy. we can't judge the value of your cash back without knowing what it was you bought. i used to work in a motel. i could rent you the room for $40, or, if you wanted a formal discount, it was $59.95 minus 10%= $54. you got $6 cash back! sucker.

the car is $25k, but if you like, we can charge you $27k and give you a two thousand dollar rebate, so you will feel like you got over.

so, i don't know what you bought but doubt you have any gain at all. you should go get some sales and marketing training so you know what kind of tricks they are going to use on you. don't be a sucker.

Does your title "senior member" only mean that you started being a douche on this site early in its inception?