report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > MLM Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2011, 12:32 AM
Silver Member

Waving your "angry inch" at an MLMer

Im sure im not alone in this.

Over the past month I have been approached by two separate MLMers trying to peddle their fruit smoothie/junk juice that make all sorts of wild claims that their products claim.

The first incident occurred over an e-mail when he got my resume from the states workforce commission. The second incident occurred this past weekend when I was picking up my mail and he was sliding flyers peddling his junk juice/fruit smoothie like Wil and Chris have been for years. I think you really know the economy is starting to hit the fan when 1) the MLMers will go to the states employment commission to get your resume to sucker you in and 2) they begin to verbally try to entice you in.

I was very tempted to give him my angry inch. (the guy that approached me while sliding flyers in people's mailboxes)

My question is has anyone ever been approached by one of these MLMers and you were tempted to give him your angry inch?? Or if you have given an MLMer your angry inch what was the experience like??

I was very tempted to give this fella my angry inch. I was even more tempted to use my two fingers to really emphasize how annoyed I was.

For those that are unfamiliar with an angry inch......the angry inch is the middle finger

Breaking News, Political headlines, news from around the world and yes my EXCLUSIVE one on one talk with Kermit The Frog. I want to welcome our viewers from the United States and around the world. Im Wolf Blitzer this is the Situation Room live from our nations capitol in Washington D.C.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5MkX...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=folC_...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAK-XiCLw-Q&feature=fvsr

Old 06-06-2011, 01:17 AM
Silver Member

Re: Waving your "angry inch" at an MLMer

Well I think I have found out the reason why I was soo tempted to give this guy my angry inch.

Someone has already created and dedicated his facebook to mIm and the middle finger

http://www.facebook.com/pages/I-laug...r/259028984388

Breaking News, Political headlines, news from around the world and yes my EXCLUSIVE one on one talk with Kermit The Frog. I want to welcome our viewers from the United States and around the world. Im Wolf Blitzer this is the Situation Room live from our nations capitol in Washington D.C.

Old 06-06-2011, 03:21 AM
Silver Member

Some MLM'ers will never learn that you can't just distribute flyers randomly and expect everyone to raise their hands and ME ME ME. As for the resume, I assume the resume was posted publicly? Was there anything on your resume that indicated (in the slightest) you might be interested in running a business?

Old 06-06-2011, 03:49 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodaattone View Post
Some MLM'ers will never learn that you can't just distribute flyers randomly and expect everyone to raise their hands and ME ME ME. As for the resume, I assume the resume was posted publicly? Was there anything on your resume that indicated (in the slightest) you might be interested in running a business?
In Sweden some shady MLM 'business' managed to get people to interviews by somehow getting access to the unemployment agency database. People was called to interviews for a job with a wage of ~$2000 only to find out they needed to sign up as a distributor for some diet pills working on commission alone. If people declined the company threatened to contact the agency and getting their benefits withdrawn. This developed into a small scandal when the media got hold of this and a manager got assigned to a new position when the storm had blown over.

MLM explained

Old 06-10-2011, 03:19 AM
Silver Member

Quote:

Quote:
Some MLM'ers will never learn that you can't just distribute flyers randomly and expect everyone to raise their hands and ME ME ME. As for the resume, I assume the resume was posted publicly??
At the time I thought it was for employers. After I received that e-mail it was obvious that it was public as he stated he saw my resume on the workforce database.

Quote:
Was there anything on your resume that indicated (in the slightest) you might be interested in running a business?
Not at all!!!.... The only thing I was trying to sell is my skills. I have had never had any sales experience.

Yoda have you ever been approached by an MLMer in person trying to sell their garbage to you?

If you have were you ever tempted to wave your angry inches at them???

I was soo tempted when this guy was putting flyers in my neighbors mail boxes and then ultimately handing me a flyer that I wanted raise both my hands in in the air with my middle angry inches in the air waving up and down............F U!!!!.......F U!!!!!!!! F U!!!!!!!.... I was tempted to but my heart would not let me. Would you have if you were in my position????

It made me sick to my stomach that MLMers go on unemployment websites to try to sucker the vulnerable (lets face it in this day and age with the economy people are desperate and MLMers try to use that to their advantage) and then try to clog up peoples mailboxes with spam.

Our mails are already clogged up with spam advertisements everyday. Do we really need to have another MLMer to be sticking flyers in peoples mailboxes....cutting down trees and wasting paper

Last edited by Kermit The Frog : 06-10-2011 at 03:56 AM.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:18 AM
Platinum Member

Better yet, rather than being a typical angry rotten apple in his eyes, instead engage him in a business discussion. But don't let him control the direction of the discussion. If you do, in no time he'll be telling you that you can drive a Ferarri and live to be a hundred if you just get a small team to drink the magic juice everyday and get on autoship.

So what you do is ask him about the business model, the commission percentages, the failure rate, etc. And then point out all the bad things along the way, and don't let him talk his way out of it. Eventually he'll be just trying to get away from you, and he'll have a diminished view of his business and himself based on the dose of reality you gave him.

Old 06-14-2011, 05:44 AM
Platinum Member

iamwill,
I wasn't jesting....And don't call me Shirley.

Old 06-18-2011, 04:40 PM
Curt M.

Never heard the term "angry inch" - now I know!

Old 06-18-2011, 10:47 PM
The fly in your Anti-MLM ointment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt8888 View Post
Never heard the term "angry inch" - now I know!
I "get it" as well, though that is an awfully short finger, an inch...

I wonder what the OP thinks about other sales people that'r obnoxious & pushy, or is it just over-enthusiastic MLMrs that she's obsessed with making an example of?
― Criss Jami
BEWARE:Joecool44, aka 'joecool', anti-MLM fanatic, Trolls here anonymously!!
Click Here!
Joecools ugliest LIE!...~"I'm not hiding my identity."
Some common sense Re:MLM/DS can be found, here...!! Click Here