report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Auction Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2011, 02:43 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Im just amazed

Im trying to sell my camera in an ad, here in Croatia.
Suddenly i recieved and email from allegdly Natasha Bennie and that shes from UK, interested in my camera.
Than after i said that yes i am still trying to sell it, she told me that i am supposed to send the camera to Nigeria....to her sister as a gift.
She also said that she would pay for the extra postage fee.
Okay soooo i wuz quite shocked but w/e.
Than she supposdly made the payment to my bank, and i got an email of "confirmation" in my junk mail.
it stated that i should proceed with sending the item and when its confirmed to have arrived the money would be in my bank acc.
I've told "her" that i have changed my mind since everything looks too weird and that i do not trust her. (money didnt came anyways)
than "she" accused me of cheating her or w/e saying she'll go to the police blabla in what i have laughed and stated that im gladly expecting any official calls from law services.

If any admins here or someone more into this is 100% sure this was a attempt of fraud tell me if i can somehow and somewhere report it.
The emails came and are on my hotmail account.
thx

Bookmark and Share

Old 05-28-2011, 02:59 PM
Bean Sidhe of the Duannan

Re: Im just amazed

100% scam, you are correct.

There is no buyer.

There is only a scammer trying to steal your possession, your camera.

The scammer isn't interested in your identity or bank account only in convincing you to ship your possession to him without him sending a penny.

The next email was from one of the scammer's fake names and free email addresses pretending to be "bank" saying "kindly send the tracking number and we will release the funds" or "the funds are being held, send the item, this is a legit deal" or something similar.

Banks, yahoo, paypal and ebay do NOT send such emails, ever. Banks, yahoo, paypal and ebay do NOT have escrow or money holding services like that scammer describes. Banks, yahoo, paypal and ebay do NOT demand you send a tracking number before money is sent. EVER. No exceptions.

Now that you have responded to a scammer, you are on his 'potential sucker' list, he will try again to separate you from your cash. He will send you more emails from his other free email addresses using another of his fake names with all kinds of stories of being the perfect buyer, great jobs, lottery winnings, millions in the bank and desperate, lonely, sexy singles. He will sell your email address to all his scamming buddies who will also send you dozens of fake emails all with the exact same goal, you sending them your cash via Western Union or moneygram.

You could post up the email address and the emails themselves that the scammer is using, it will help make your post more googlable for other suspicious potential victims to find when looking for information.

Do you know how to check the header of a received email? If not, you could google for information. Being able to read the header to determine the geographic location an email originated from will help you weed out the most obvious scams and scammers. Then delete and block that scammer. Don't bother to tell him that you know he is a scammer, it isn't worth your effort. He has one job in life, convincing victims to send him their hard-earned cash.

Whenever suspicious or just plain curious, google everything, website addresses, names used, companies mentioned, phone numbers given, all email addresses, even sentences from the emails as you might be unpleasantly surprised at what you find already posted online. You can also post/ask here and every scam-warner-anti-fraud-busting site you can find before taking a chance and losing money to a scammer.

If you google "yahoo buyer's protection program scam", "fake paypal email scam", "ebay escrow fraud", "fake bank email" or something similar you will find hundreds of posts from victims and near victims of this type of scam.

Yes, you noticed most of the "red flags" from that scammer's email:
1) ship to Nigeria
2) being purchased as gift
3) paying shipping
4) demand you accept a particular payment method (bank transfer)
5) "bank" email landed in junk folder
6) accuses you of cheating and threatens to go to police
7) "buyer" claims to be in UK

There were others:

1) misspelled words
2) free email address for "bank" email
3) horrible grammar
4) calls what you are selling "item" instead of "camera"
5) is happy with the condition of the camera
6) never asked any questions about the camera

Do you know how to check the header of a received email? If not, you could google for information. Being able to read the header to determine the geographic location an email originated from will help you weed out the most obvious scams and scammers. Then delete and block that scammer. Don't bother to tell him that you know he is a scammer, it isn't worth your effort. He has one job in life, convincing victims to send him their hard-earned cash.

Whenever suspicious or just plain curious, google everything, website addresses, names used, companies mentioned, phone numbers given, all email addresses, even sentences from the emails as you might be unpleasantly surprised at what you find already posted online. You can also post/ask here and every scam-warner-anti-fraud-busting site you can find before taking a chance and losing money to a scammer.

Making a scammer's scam googlable on every scam-warner-anti-fraud-busting site you can find is a great way to slow that scammer down when a suspicious potential victim goes looking for information, finds your post containing the name the scammer is using, his email address, phone number and the emails themselves and then that potential victim does not become a scam victim because you took the time "get the word out".

Wasting a scammer's time legally and safely is called "scambaiting". If you google that word, you will find sites where you can read scambaits, post up the emails and email addresses of scammers, ask questions and learn all about that hobby.

Found a romance scammer? Post the information over at RomanceScam.com

Old 05-28-2011, 03:05 PM
I am new at Scam.com

X-Message-Delivery: Vj0xLjE7dXM9MDtsPTE7YT0xO0Q9MDtTQ0w9MA== X-Message-Status: n X-SID-PRA: natasha bennie X-SID-Result: Pass X-AUTH-Result: PASS X-Message-Info: DFa+w7oqK+9KtdTT4RrJBeNcRvSZVsh3acuHP2oNnmZ0i56kWc FUZugP+o7H9BcpLH91SkkEu5zRqyjwY46CznK3n8R3adRypkXh KyRDOIt8wsToTYh/uA== Received: from mail-wy0-f175.google.com ([74.125.82.175]) by bay0-mc1-f41.Bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.4675); Wed, 25 May 2011 06:49:47 -0700 Received: by mail-wy0-f175.google.com with SMTP id 20so6954798wye.20 for ; Wed, 25 May 2011 06:49:46 -0700 (PDT) DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date :message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=e0HfO5DjIMbsGp41yjl9A6CQw9Wr5kWpQ5x6TfqYss8=; b=SNudXS5oVG0UZPgunPYA0NixHKype5dsdBn04JKe3YCrwibV kUjR9bSsxHBFn/ol7w Vsl4L9N3NygFRZ+UGMx5W8TWJa83S8ny92Nskh12W528Mtdlds Swxfg1Cb9i0wQoCGGz aOdjqsJNjTt4Kvww0lZhtPTIQjexjOy82lt7I= DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=ZUlESiaNq+MPXGnEy9yhZE8D6gRa2Fo532nB4z5mvZJwc7eR RldaHeaZKUm65nnazm ZnvRHLi1fAobHcvdD+6SYN738HGjyEKKbhMIsvFoLd65eA5/GrATEQZTBfun1g7aIE4k UHyIkgBha5CUzXHSdIKDtOs/8YrMozwNa4Dig= MIME-Version: 1.0 Received: by 10.216.237.131 with SMTP id y3mr4923285weq.87.1306331386710; Wed, 25 May 2011 06:49:46 -0700 (PDT) Received: by 10.216.229.25 with HTTP; Wed, 25 May 2011 06:49:46 -0700 (PDT) In-Reply-To: References: <9e1c3723cccfdf5be23590adf7eb17fa@www.njuskalo.hr> Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 14:49:46 +0100 Message-ID: Subject: Re: Upit sa Njuskalo.hr: Canon MD101 mini dv From: natasha bennie To: Devillisch_Razor as Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=0015175cfc46438d7a04a419fa6a Return-Path: natashayy52@gmail.com X-OriginalArrivalTime: 25 May 2011 13:49:47.0706 (UTC) FILETIME=[9C79C9A0:01CC1AE2] --0015175cfc46438d7a04a419fa6a Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Hi, I accepted the price of the camera.I'm from United Kingdom. i'm buying this camera for my sister working in Nigeria embassy and i hope the camera is working well. I will offer you 60 euro for the postage fee of the camera to Nigeria through Post Office for delivery.So i will be paying you the total amount of 160 euro to your bank account. do you have bank account for the payment? Greetings, Natasha this is the email where i started being suspicious heh
gladly i figured it out soon
thankfully to this site ill be more aware of this scams and will warn anyone involved in selling/buying on internet

Old 05-28-2011, 04:09 PM
Bean Sidhe of the Duannan

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor955 View Post

thankfully to this site ill be more aware of this scams and will warn anyone involved in selling/buying on internet
Warning others is a great way to "get the word" out and help your friends, family, co-workers, neighbors, acquaintances know what to look for, education is the best defense.

And now, when a potential victim googles "natashayy52 @gmail.com" or "Natasha Bennie" they will find your post as the google bots have already been by and indexed your post. Even if a potential victim doesn't post a "thanks", you will have saved them and they are thanking you in their heart.

Found a romance scammer? Post the information over at RomanceScam.com

Old 05-30-2011, 12:24 AM
I am new at Scam.com

that's why im so glad i found this site heh
and yep google bots already found this while googling that name