report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Corporate Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2011, 05:08 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Freedom enterprises aka Kirby

Well I'm reporting this because this is a scam for those of us looking for hard honest work here is my story.

In 2010 I answered a ad that looked like this

1600/monthly
Plus BONUSES
HIRING TODAY
call XXX-XXX-XXXX

Well I got this guy on the phone and of course was asked to interview. So I went and was told that I was hired. Excited I called my husband and arranged rides to the office. So I'm told at this and asked to stay for a Orientation. I say yes so I stayed and left really excited. Well to make a long story short this "company " is based on lies. They tell you that you don't have to sell anything but you do and they do the whole looking for mangers and can get a piece of the pie thing the point is that kirby is a scam and if you value your time and you safety DON'T do IT

Old 03-08-2011, 05:25 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

Re: Freedom enterprises aka Kirby

it's worse. they were going to make you practice your sales pitch to your close relatives. and your relatives would have to buy to prove you were ready to progress with the company.

this is how it works. you get hired, your grandma buys a vac she doesn't need to help you. you're probably done. you may go door to door a few days before you quit.

they are always hiring.

Old 03-09-2011, 12:07 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Kirby vacuum question

It depends on the company if its freedom interprised stay away. Its not a scam but its run very poorly. What most wont tell you is you HAVE to sell to make a living and what you are trained to do are two very different things.

Old 03-31-2011, 02:01 PM
http://www.testboss.com

Re: Kirby vacuums

I am also curious about the results is that a scam or not.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:13 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Hi Everybody!
My name is Jennifer Banks.
I would like to share my experience with Kirby Vacuum.

I first heard about the job on *****slist, the job was very vague, and said something about receptionist, so I thought I would check it out.

They scheduled me for an interview, and they explained the different job openings they had.

They told me how much I could make as a receptionist, and then they showed me how much I could make cleaning carpets.

I CHOSE the cleaning carpets myself, because I wanted to make more money to get out of debt.

I went to orientation Wednesday, listened to the distributer talk about the company,and I was impressed.

He told us we don't have to worry about trying to sell them all because we are new, we just have to show the people the vacuum, and he will close the sales for us, he told us he is a very good salesmen, and he will close all of the sales, he just needs us to do a good job showing the customers the vacuum :)

Well I was in orientation Wednesday through Friday. (Not paid, and he told us we wouldn't be getting paid) I was okay with that. I really wanted to learn how to make all this money, so I stuck with it.

Saturday I got to take the vacuum home, and practice doing demonstrations at my families house, and friends house. They all fell in love with the vacuum, so I got to sell a few,and got some cool bonuses :) Like a free gift certificate, and cash! Plus whatever I made on the 2 vacuums. lol.

Then Monday came around, our first day of real work.

It was definitely different, it isnt your average job. Me the owner, and 3 other people all got into the van, and we drove 45 minutes to a small town, and the owner got us all into our own houses, on the spot. When I got there, I was kind of nervous, but tried not to show it. I cleaned the carpet for the old couple, and explained to them, the different tools, and showed them all the dirt.
I was trying to be friendly, and nice, then after 2 hours the owner came, and talked to the customers, and they bought it! I sold my first vacuum, and I was so proud of myself, the negotiated the price a little bit, because they were seniors, but yeah! I was very proud of myself.

This is how we got paid, if you sell 3 Kirby's a week, you get $300.00 guaranteed. Plus you get money from each Kirby you sold!

So if I only sold 2 Kirby's for $1,500.00 and the other for $1,115.00 then my paycheck would of been $300.00 :) Because I got Half of over $1000.00 So anything over $1000.00 would be split in half with my boss.

Well, I kept working, and putting in a lot of hours, I was very dedicated, and made good money. The only problem I had with the job was that I didnt have enough time to see my boyfriend, so I had to quit. We were working sometimes until 10 o clock at night, and I had no social life. :(

If I was single, I would definitely still be there, because I made very easy money. All I had to do was be nice to people, show them how good the vacuum worked, show them the dirt, and they wanted it!

I don't know why people on here are complaining. I am sure there are a lot of businesses out there that are not running it the way they are supposed to, but that doesn't mean that EVERY Kirby business is bad. It doesn't mean that every person that sells Kirby products is a bad person.

I don't have any criminal backround, but I do see a lot of people that have had simple misdemeanors that are hired, and there isnt anything wrong with that.

Kirby has a law, where they CANNOT hire anyone that has a felony. You can call them and ask.

They will NOT hire a felon, they do backround checks. Maybe in the past someone did hire a felon, but now if they do that, they will get their business shut down.

There was a point in time where I made over $1000.00 a week.

This isnt a regular job. You have a chance to run your OWN company with this job, you have the opportunity to make A LOT of money. It just depends how MOTIVATED you are, and how much TIME you have to invest in this.

If you sell a Kirby you WILL make profits of each one.

Old 04-26-2011, 03:47 PM
Wheres my Spam? Ask your friendly neighborhood moderator.. ME

I didn't read the whole thread but can easily agree with Missing..

Years and years ago my husband got involved with Filter Queen selling vacuums for them and it was EXACTLY as Missing described. It was fun to read the post and see that things haven't changed.

I used to go out with him and help with the demonstrations and also pass out sweepstakes cards to people.. These were where the leads came from..

Now I can't guarantee they ever drew a name for the grand prize because I wasn't always there but I know everyone one a free carpet cleaning.. lol

Plus, it was an awesome vacuum.. I never really liked the kirbys but it's hard to see them being called a "scam"... they've been around since before I was born.