report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Auction Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2011, 09:50 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Techno Mavens Group Scam

The company techno mavens group is a complete scam. I had put a bid on freelancer.com to them for an Iphone application.

They contacted me and their bid seemed good as it was not the cheapest and was reasonable for the application I wanted.

They first asked me to not go through Freelancer. This was the first red flag and I should have stopped there but they answered all my questions well and had a portfolio which I found out now after research is not theirs at all.

Then my bid was for payment through PayPal only and they decided PayPal was not and option anymore. I sent them the first milestone through Moneygram as they requested and once I saw the project was being not done I asked to pay through PayPal to protect myself. They simply replied that the project would be put on hold.

They have not done any job besides some pictures and excel file done in 5 minutes. I was expecting a first beta and all they sent me was an excel file with no relevant information and that they could not give me access to the app until the final payment was done.

That would be fine with me but I would only pay through PayPal. If the app worked correctly then they would have gotten their payment and I would have gotten my app.

I am feeling really like a stupid person to have trusted those scammers. Do not work with them ever.

Their information:

Freelancer name and profile: iTechMavens
Email: technomavensgroup@gmail.com

Name of contact if that is even their names: Harvy

Old 04-14-2011, 11:58 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Techno Mavens Group Scam

UPDATE:

Since the day I told TechMaven that they were scammers and told them about this thread and the many others I've created so no one gets scammed like me, they provided me with a video of "proof" that they have a working app.

This video is proof the app does not work and never will. I was expecting a video of an app on an iphone showing me all the features I ordered as well as the recognition software well no they had the audacity to send me a video of some pictures they put together on a mac computer with an iphone frame around it, clicking on buttons which makes the picture switch to the next trying to make believe they actually have working code.

This is even worst then I imagined. If they were going to create a video to prove to me they have a working app they could have put time and effort into it.

I highly recommend to not use that company and since I am sure they will change names after this fiasco, I highly recommend only paying through Paypal and never accept moneygram or western union payments no matter how good their excuse sounds.

Old 04-18-2011, 06:50 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I received the message below from a user that was thinking about using Techno Mavens.

Here is another proof they are a scam. They actually invented a story for which they are suing me and that my name is stuart hames. My name is Charles...... and they are not suing me since they are a complete scam.

As you can see in the message below they also tried to make the person below use moneygram.

Do not use Techno Maven. They go by Techno Maven, Techno Mavens Group, itechmaven, iTechMavens, etc...

Quote:
Hi Joe

I showed them your thread and they sent me a reply saying that they have taken legal proceedings against you and you are now withdrawing your thread and you are going to remove it.
they also gave me a name of the person who they say wrote it and an email which was a gmail mobile contact by the name of Stuart hames who they said wrote the thread and he emailed me saying Technomavens were great and they completed his app.......it all sounds too dubious.
Anyway Joe thanks for your feedback I wil not be using them.

It was aslo a guy called harvy who has been trying to get me to send money via moneygram.
Any more info would be greatly appreciated.

Keywords for Google to avoid people getting scammed again:

Techno Maven Scam
Techno Mavens Scam
Techno Mavens Group Scam
ItechMaven Scam
ItechMavens Scam
Freelancer ItechMavens Scam
Freelancer Techno Maven Scam
Technomaven scam
technomavens scam

Last edited by joebarchuck : 04-18-2011 at 07:01 AM.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:08 AM
Bean Sidhe of the Duannan

Sorry to read that you lost money to a scammer but happy that you found scam.com to post your story.

For future reference, Western Union and moneygram do not verify anything on the form the sender fills out, not the name, not the street address, not the country, not even the gender of the receiver, it all means absolutely nothing. The clerk will not bother to check ID and will simply hand off your cash to whomever walks in the door with the MTCN# and question/answer. Neither company will tell the sender who picked up the cash, at what store location or even in what country your money walked out the door. Neither company has any kind of refund policy, money sent is money gone forever.

Also, free email addresses such as yahoo, gmail, hotmail, etc are easy for a scammer to open and close completely anonymously. Real companies rarely use free email addresses, they have paid servers.

Thanks for posting up the information from that scammer. Making a scammer's scam googlable on every scam-warner-anti-fraud-busting site you can find is a great way to slow that scammer down when a suspicious potential victim goes looking for information, finds your post and then that potential victim does not become a scam victim because you took the time to "get the word out". Thanks!!

Found a romance scammer? Post the information over at RomanceScam.com

Old 05-06-2011, 06:04 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Yep, got scammed the same way by these guys. First they sent a splash screen picture (relevant to the app) and wanted payment. When I said we needed a testable app, they sent us more pictures as "proof". When I said we needed a testable app, they sent us a bunch of garbage which was actually some development files for a different app. These guys are 100% dishonest.

email addresses used:
Bee Info biinfo8@gmail.com
Techno Mavens Group technomavensgroup@gmail.com