report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
View Poll Results: Have you been scammed on ebay
yes 4 80.00%
no 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-01-2011, 05:04 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

Re: ripped off by a ebay seller

did you really buy it thru ebay auction? i can't find that name there.

Old 04-02-2011, 04:18 PM
Newbie Member

Re: ripped off by a ebay seller

A lot of people get burned on Ebay by the term "wholesale list" in the heading. They put a picture of a product up but in actuality all they're selling is a wholesale list which is usually emailed to you. It looks like Ebay did do something about this but Im not completely positive. Did the item you buy say anything about a wholesale list?

Old 04-12-2011, 07:27 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Furniture from Vietnam Scam on Ebay and other site

There are lots of scams going on ebay by professional frauds who would make a new id and scam users. One of them had an id Luong10, which is no longer active. I bought from him solid cherry wood furniture. He told me to pay him by western union which I did $612 as the first half of the total $1275 for 3 sets of king size bedroom sets. Never replied after receiving the money, phone no says person not available. I have numerous emails exchanged with him prior to sending him the money, his bank details in Vietnam and so on. Lesson is not to be trapped selling you quality furniture at cheap rate, never to pay money demand draft, cashiers' checks, western union or other similar services. You are sure bound to lose money as I did.

Old 04-14-2011, 03:40 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Furniture from Vietnam Scam on Ebay and other

Hello,

dropped me an email, i can help you.
calvinl@whitehallcanada.com

or visit www.whitehallcanada.com
www.whitehallamerica.com

Old 04-23-2011, 01:01 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Ebay Buy it now scam

A seller / scammer listed his item as tangible goods with picture and Headline as " Rio HD LED LCD Projector by FAVI WHOLESALE LIST ". I bought it and paid through paypal considering that my money is safe with paypal. Seller sent an url link in my mailbox with ebay to download a pdf file where you can find the list of suppliers of the listed tangible item. I opened a dispute with paypal. Just after opening the dispute, seller removed his listing from ebay as well as withdrew his membership too to wipe off all evidences against him. Seller pleaded his case at paypal that the item that he had listed was an intangible goods which are not covered under paypal protection rules and he succeeded. I made several protest and called personally, but the paypal people without applying their mind, without considering the past track record of buyer and seller, without taking cognizance that seller has removed his listing/membership/evidence from Ebay, decide the case in favour of seller and informed as "We have concluded our investigation into your case. Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to decide this claim in your favour." In this decision, no reason, no finding and evidence has been cited. Listing has been removed by seller, only headline/tytle of the goods as shown above is the only available record or evidence with Paypal and Ebay. Does it mean that the listing is for Wholesale list ?, the decision is delivered on this basis. Very unfortunate.

Old 05-27-2011, 05:05 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Ebay Scams

Are there any known scams on Ebay lately?

People selling fake items?

Bad sellers?

Just want to be aware before I start to buy.

Last edited by Nathan_Whilby : 05-27-2011 at 05:10 AM.

Old 05-27-2011, 05:13 PM
Bean Sidhe of the Duannan

Re: Ebay Scams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_Whilby View Post
Are there any known scams on Ebay lately?
Yes, there are hundreds of variations of scams that are run on buyers and sellers on ebay.

Here are some threads that highlight some of the most common ones:

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t...highlight=ebay

Do you know how to check the header of a received email? If not, you could google for information. Being able to read the header to determine the geographic location an email originated from will help you weed out the most obvious scams and scammers. Then delete and block that scammer. Don't bother to tell him that you know he is a scammer, it isn't worth your effort. He has one job in life, convincing victims to send him their hard-earned cash.

Whenever suspicious or just plain curious, google everything, website addresses, names used, companies mentioned, phone numbers given, all email addresses, even sentences from the emails as you might be unpleasantly surprised at what you find already posted online. You can also post/ask here and every scam-warner-anti-fraud-busting site you can find before taking a chance and losing money to a scammer.

If you google "fraud seller ebay scam", "fake buyer ebay scam" or something similar you will find hundreds of posts from victims and near-victims of this type of scam.

Just remember that NO legit buyer will offer to pay extra for shipping, NO legit buyer will demand you ship to someone else in another country, NO legit buyer will demand you cash a check and send money to someone somewhere via Western Union or moneygram, Paypal NEVER demands a tracking number before "releasing the funds" and NO legit seller is selling ipods/ipads/iphones/electronics cheaper that the manufacture's official website.

Found a romance scammer? Post the information over at RomanceScam.com

Old 05-27-2011, 05:19 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

make a few practice purchases (and/or sales) of small items, less than ten dollars. this will give you good idea of how it works. if you err, it's only ten bucks you lost.

later if somebody is trying to do something a different way, it will alert you that it could be a scam.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:07 PM
Hating everyone equally since 1966

I had a buyer who wanted the item before he would pay me.
I didn't send it.
It was only a 15.00 Motley crue import cd, but i knew i never would have seen the $$
He tried to file an unsent item claim, and i filed an unpaid claim back.

Old 06-08-2011, 09:42 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Ebay Seller to Blacklist: foodpad

Product was not as described, seller would not work with me.

Opened case with ebay. Won the case. Seller then decided to cooperate and work out a better deal than what ebay was going to do (i was going for a partial refund because i liked product, it just wasnt what i paid for). I authorized ebay to close the case so that seller and i could finish working out the deal for partial refund.

As soon as case was closed seller had decided that this meant they "won the case" and has not issued partial refund.

DO NOT BID on seller "foodpad"s items on ebay. He'll fuck you over.

I'm contemplating turning him into the ICCC

Old 06-08-2011, 02:06 PM
Newbie Member

Re: Ebay Seller to Blacklist: foodpad

I'm not so sure about your post. If you bought something and thought it wasn't as described, opened a case then decided you wanted to keep the item, sounds like the problem is you, not the seller.

Old 06-08-2011, 08:26 PM
Newbie Member

Yea this guy has a 97% positive feedback This one little event isnt justification to blacklist him....

Old 06-08-2011, 11:33 PM
Inoue Chiaki

I am sure this post will affect someone's decision in buying this sellers' products in the future.

Old 06-09-2011, 05:04 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inoie_chiaki View Post
I am sure this post will affect someone's decision in buying this sellers' products in the future.

Highly doubtful. Considering the OP's general attitude and use of profanity in his/her post, I am more likely to believe the buyer (the OP) in this case is the real problem here, not the seller.

Not only that, it's a violation of eBay TOS to post topics on other fourms, etc using a sellers ID. If the seller catches wind of this, he can easily get the OP's eBay account closed for this violation.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:38 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Report Ebay fraud:907horse

I have one question, how can i report to Ebay?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-iPad-2-Wi-...#ht_1747wt_906
This is his online shop
Apple iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G Black (64 GB, AT&T) Tablet NEW

He said i need contact him and buy:
ipadsupplier13@gmail.com
(he sent me the ebay transaction, but its not real)

eBay Transaction #KLW3027164497118 approved!
By:eBay
(Real email address: jmatsuk55@gmail.com )

I learned this is a fraud from here:
http://reviews.ebay.com/Western-Unio...00000002283720

and i contact him, this is contact history(Evidence)
:

OK

------------------ 原始邮件 ------------------
发件人: "ipadsupplier13";
发送时间: 2011年6月11日(星期六) 凌晨1:15
收件人: "☆小衰衰★";
主题: Re: 回复: 回复: 回复: 回复: 回复: Hello, i want buy your ipad

NOTE: To avoid expensive fees with Western Union just let them know that you are sending the money to a friend or a relative, to someone you know and the transfer fee will be cheaper, also they will charge me here for e-commerce and i don't want.
Please email me once the payment has been sent so i can organize the shipping.

Thank you,

Cindy

2011/6/10 ☆小衰衰★

ok, i may do that tomorrow, i let you know.

发送时间: 2011年6月11日(星期六) 凌晨0:57
主题: Re: 回复: 回复: 回复: 回复: Hello, i want buy your ipad

You have to go to a local WU office and send the payment from there, it takes just 10 minutes to send it. There are hundreds of WU offices in any city.

Cindy

2011/6/10 ☆小衰衰★

Ok,so I need to register western union, can you wait for few days?
发送时间: 2011年6月11日(星期六) 凌晨0:46
主题: Re: 回复: 回复: 回复: Hello, i want buy your ipad

I am sorry but i cannot use paypal for large amount of money, payment must be sent using Western Union.

Let me know.

Cindy

2011/6/10 ☆小衰衰★
Use paypal?

发送时间: 2011年6月11日(星期六) 凌晨0:44
主题: Re: 回复: 回复: Hello, i want buy your ipad

Okay, are you able to send the payment today?

Cindy

2011/6/10 ☆小衰衰★
Ok, i got my invoice

发件人: "☆小衰衰★";
发送时间: 2011年6月11日(星期六) 凌晨0:34
收件人: "ipadsupplier13";
主题: 回复: 回复: Hello, i want buy your ipad

hello, This is first time i use ebay, I'm Confused about the invoice,where did sent my Invoice?
thanks

发送时间: 2011年6月10日(星期五) 晚上11:19
主题: Re: 回复: Hello, i want buy your ipad

Hello,

Invoice has been sent, let me know if you got it.

Thank you,

Cindy

2011/6/10 ☆小衰衰★
My name:
T**** H****

Address: 111 H***** ST ,B*****, KENTUCKY ,UNITED STATE. ZIP:40***

发送时间: 2011年6月10日(星期五) 晚上9:54
主题: Re: Hello, i want buy your ipad

Hello,

These are GENUINE APPLE AT&T iPads 2, latest geneation, 64GB 3G Wifi, factory sealed, factory unlocked. 1 year Apple warranty. The buy it now price for the iPad is $550 including shipping, if you would buy more than 2 then you will get an discount.
Transaction will be handled by ebay, so we can both be protected and able to exchange feedback after transaction is successfully closed!
I will offer a 5 day inspection period for the iPads, so if by any reason you are not satisfied with them, you can return them against a full refund!
If you do want the deal, just please email me your full name and full shipping address and I will start the transaction under ebay. You will be after contacted by them with further instructions on how to complete this sale.

Thank you,

Cindy

2011/6/10 ☆小衰衰★
I WANT BUYAPPLE iPad 2 64GB Wi-Fi + 3G
for 1 unit, for 510 dollars? and thats all money i have pay?
thanks!

Old 06-10-2011, 09:39 AM
Banned

Re: Report Ebay fraud:907horse

Report it at;
http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/index.html. Couple of choices on the left hand side. I would suggest contacting Contact Customer Support at this time.

Could be a hacked account. Either way, never, ever conduct a eBay transaction outside of eBay itself.

Old 06-20-2011, 03:08 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Ebay seller Alert esnahc88

Ebay seller Alert
ebay id esnahc88
Two people that have purchased high doller tickets items from Ebay seller esnahc88 have been shipped empty boxes filled with paper and or used books.
Police reports have been filed, beware of this seller, his details as reported by the police are:
E Delima
905-656-0124
esnahc88@live.com
9 Thornlodge Drive, Keswick, ON L4P 0B6
He also has addresses and phone numbers listed as:
LawrenceKC Chan
Burnaby, BC
(416) 846-0796

Old 06-20-2011, 05:18 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Ebay seller Alert esnahc88

Thanks. I don't use Ebay but have a relative who does. I looked up this guys profiles. He seems to be alright if you look at the fact that he has all these positive reviews until you read his responses to some of the user complaints. He flat out lies. Then there's the one where he responds that he had to open a supposedly unopened package to remove a security chip. Um selling stolen goods much?