report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2011, 02:50 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Online High School Diploma SCAM!!!!

I got my High School Diploma from Woodfield High School and Paid for it. When it came to me using it the school (college) I wanted to go to wouldnt except it because it wasn't accredited "right"! They told me they have NEVER had any problems having there diploma excepted anywhere. I called them to get my money back, which was not problem but they told me they were going to black flag me. That mean that i wouldnt be able to enroll into any college for 2 years. I got screwed of my education! So PLEASE anyone that is looking into a online High School Diploma or a GED look at the web address and make sure it says xxxxxxxx.EDU for the accredition to mean anything to a school!!! The website I went to was www.woodfieldhighschool.com BEWARE!!

Bookmark and Share

Old 01-25-2011, 04:37 PM
Silver Member

Re: Online High School Diploma SCAM!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSwift905 View Post
I got my High School Diploma from Woodfield High School and Paid for it. When it came to me using it the school (college) I wanted to go to wouldnt except it because it wasn't accredited "right"! They told me they have NEVER had any problems having there diploma excepted anywhere. I called them to get my money back, which was not problem but they told me they were going to black flag me. That mean that i wouldnt be able to enroll into any college for 2 years. I got screwed of my education! So PLEASE anyone that is looking into a online High School Diploma or a GED look at the web address and make sure it says xxxxxxxx.EDU for the accredition to mean anything to a school!!! The website I went to was www.woodfieldhighschool.com BEWARE!!
Just hope the black flag holds as much weight as the diploma.

Old 07-09-2011, 05:13 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Online GED programs do not have to be accredited. Accreditation is for colleges and universities (see Wikipedia). Any *.edu that claims their GED program is accredited is also a scam. One of the biggest online education scams is using the "Accredited by the BBB" logo. BBB (Better Business Bureau) is NOT a recognized accrediting agency;

Last edited by katiescorner : 10-28-2012 at 01:34 AM.

Old 08-11-2011, 06:27 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Thank you so much for the warning. I was about to consider these people for my diploma. Have any suggestion as far a choosing a legitimate institution to earn your diploma?

Old 08-11-2011, 06:50 PM
alpha, beta, gamma, delta, epsilon, zeta ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ld10 View Post
Thank you so much for the warning. I was about to consider these people for my diploma. Have any suggestion as far a choosing a legitimate institution to earn your diploma?
I would simply go to the Department of Education website for whatever state you live in and inquire there about legitimate programs and test administration.

Last edited by katiescorner : 10-28-2012 at 01:34 AM.

Old 10-21-2011, 10:40 AM
Banned

Fascinating,
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmilsont View Post
I have go through your site and it's really a beware for us. so that I fully agree with you.

Thanks there 'davidmilsont' for the information on yet another diploma scam.

And welcome to Scam.com.

Old 11-09-2011, 04:23 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSwift905 View Post
I got my High School Diploma from Woodfield High School and Paid for it. When it came to me using it the school (college) I wanted to go to wouldnt except it because it wasn't accredited "right"! They told me they have NEVER had any problems having there diploma excepted anywhere. I called them to get my money back, which was not problem but they told me they were going to black flag me. That mean that i wouldnt be able to enroll into any college for 2 years. I got screwed of my education! So PLEASE anyone that is looking into a online High School Diploma or a GED look at the web address and make sure it says xxxxxxxx.EDU for the accredition to mean anything to a school!!!
yeah im in the Same Boat here i call AIU to try and enroll in classes for college and they told me my diploma was no good and that id have to go back to high school and get it!! so i called woodfield high school wondering WTF is going on and they told me that Everst College and Phonix College and AIU and some other colleges that woodfield is the competitor and thats why none of these colleges would accept my diploma so i called AIU back and asked if they were competitors and the guy i spoke with said they ARE NOT competitors and they have nothing to do with them and he strongly told me to get my money back from woodfield high school because they are not a Legit accredited high school!!! pisses me off!!

Last edited by katiescorner : 10-28-2012 at 01:35 AM.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:16 AM
Newbie Member

This place is just a diploma mill and just because you call yourself a high school doesn't mean it's true. You can't blacklist someone from going to college, that's a ridiculous scare tactic they're using to get you not to refund or do a chargeback. You can take a free GED preparation class and get tested, call your local real high school for information.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:53 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by learn2know View Post
Online GED programs do not have to be accredited.
Nobody needs to be accredited to just print a diploma on fancy paper. Which is just what these online "learning institutions" do. You can also do it yourself with your own printer. It will be worth just as much.

Woodfield claim they are accredited by "Universal Accreditation Agency for Online Education".
What is that? Try to Google them, nothing comes up but posts in forums where people asks if they are "recognized" or not.

A quick check reveals that they are not recognized by any official entity, like US Dept. of Education or any equivalent body.

What does that mean? It means that Woodfield High School made them up. It also exposes Woodfield as a scam.

Also note that there is a Woodfield University, also claiming to be "accredited" by the non-existing UAAOE.

At that site you can buy yourself a Ph D online. Fancy documents delivered in just 15 days from order, at $725.

Sounds pretty expensive for paper you can easily print yourself...

Old 11-11-2011, 11:31 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Online high schools should not be looked at any differently from a standards perspective than traditional schools. Any district high school has an accreditation which is given to the school district itself.

You are still required to meet the same work requirements as you would sitting in a classroom...you should also check in your state through your Department of Education. They will have a list of online high schools for you.

Last edited by katiescorner : 10-28-2012 at 01:36 AM.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:52 AM
I am new at Scam.com

does this only affect college and universitys what about jobs?

Old 10-23-2012, 05:29 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Check out the GEDInstitute.com website for easy to find official information about the GED organized by state; GED Institute. The also have a link to the very popular and successful Unlimited GED Practice Tests program.

Old 10-27-2012, 05:19 AM
Banned

They are playing with future of students i think they must put in jail.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:31 PM
Banned

There's alot of universities (online) that arent worth the paper they are printed on