report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Business Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2010, 08:43 PM
Bean Sidhe of the Duannan

Re: Nigerian Scam aided by Western Union & Alibaba

@ Alibaba safe trading
Again, you are 3 years too late to help the posters on this thread. What are you expecting to accomplish by necro-ing such old threads?

Found a romance scammer? Post the information over at RomanceScam.com

Old 09-23-2010, 01:17 AM
Banned

Re: I got ripped off, bigtime, on Alibaba.com

I guess Alibaba is popular brand online and the person who complaint against them may not be aware of their customer support and investigation team.

He must had visited http://www.alibaba.com/help/contact-us.html#askquestion to raise his concerns.

Regards,

Jesica

Old 09-23-2010, 02:37 AM
I Need Money

Always go with PayPal because they have a dispute and refund policy. Western Union does not...

Old 09-23-2010, 01:07 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procashtinator View Post
Always go with PayPal because they have a dispute and refund policy. Western Union does not...
Couldn't agree more with you. Paypal is really the safest way to go. One time I almost got involved in a pet scam and they tried to make us go through Western Union too but of course we didn't fall for it.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:01 PM

@ Procashtinator and mandyjune

Paypal has some protection, but not as much as you might think. Paypal can only get your money back if there is money left in the scammer's paypal-linked bank account. Scammers know this and will immediately withdrawal your money and disappear. No money in the scammer's bank account means absolutely no possibility of refund for you.

Old 09-27-2010, 12:53 AM
Banned

Ali Baba according to what I have experienced and as far i am concerned never blocks payments and yes if it does you can go to PayPal for a refund or processing.

Its guaranteed that they will have money in their account because Alibaba.com is a giant business website and as you all know a business can't run without money and reputation.

regards,

Mandark

Old 09-29-2010, 08:33 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alibaba safe trading View Post
Dear BadDeal,
We at Alibaba.com are concerned about your complaint very much. We would like look into your case and initiate the resolution process. Please submit your complaint at http://resources.alibaba.com/activities/complaint.html.
We will initiate the investigation as soon as we received the information and keep you informed on the status of the investigation throughout the process.
I could have used some help when I contacted you guys well over a year ago.

Besides what is really going to happen
to any of the scammers on your site when you look into the case and 'initiate the resolution process'? At the very best you will take take down the crooks listing on your site. You just want to make it appear to everyone that you run a tight ship, but nothing could be further from the truth. Your site is the biggest nest of scammers out there on the web today. You know exactly what is going on with your site and I am going to make sure that as many people knows this as well.

Check out my new Facebook fan page.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Online...64507043563887

Old 09-29-2010, 09:14 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: ALIBABA.COM - ALIBABA Scam

I am so mad, my friend from Europe has been scammed by this company;
Xiamen Sunyo Imp. & Exp. Co., Ltd.

for thousands of Euro's in pretending they sell you toys and say they have a factory, but they dont have a factory and the office in XiaMen is fake, they use other people the details and your downpayment will be lost.
The contact person is fake, you can ask for an ID copy and should always ask for an ID copy before do business, same as for the company liicence nr.
Please be very careful and let this not happen to you.
I also do not understand why Alibaba does not control this better and cut scammers off more quickly, good and honest businesses are getting hurt !!!

Old 09-29-2010, 01:42 PM

Quote:
The contact person is fake, you can ask for an ID copy and should always ask for an ID copy before do business, same as for the company liicence nr.
Not to be rude, but what does a scan copy of an ID or license prove? Only that the scammer can photoshop a fake ID, send on a scanned copy of another victim's ID, create a fake license in MS paint or crop a legit document to suit their needs. Scanned copies of documents mean nothing as it doubtful a buyer is going to know what incorporation documents or a driver's license for an overseas company or person are suppose to look like or even be able to read that foreign language.

Whenever suspicious or just plain curious, google everything, names used, companies mentioned, phone numbers given, all email addresses, even sentences from the emails as you might be unpleasantly surprised at what you find already posted online. You can also post/ask here and every scam-warner-fraud-watching site you can find before taking a chance and losing money to a scammer.

Old 12-14-2010, 01:16 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Too Many Scam Companies On Alibaba.com

I would have to agree as it makes perfect sense

After being scammed two times on Alibaba.com and going through the long winded process to get back 70% of my funds, Then revisiting Alibaba.com some time latter and within one minute finding another Scammer ( Shanghai Minsu Company Limited )
I cant start to wonder if the scammers are not Alibaba.com themselves.
I am sure this is a possibility and that someone should be looking a lot deeper into the structure and dealing of this company

Old 12-14-2010, 06:21 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I was scammed big time on Alibaba. I will post the horrible details so that others will not follow.

I saw an add for Norelco shavers. I sent an e-mail to the link provided and got a resoponse form devi malwati from malwatidevi@gmail.com. Gmal should have been my first clue but I'm stupid. We made arraingments for payment and I sent the payment to:

Bank Name : Bank Central Asia (BCA)
Account Name : Indra Subandono
Account Number : 1260512605
Bank address : JL.JEND.Sudirman KAV 22-23 Jakarta
Bank Swift code : CENAIDJA
Bank Country : Indonesia

2 days later the company was removed from Alibaba and no one ever responded at the above e-mail. Of course I never recieved the product.
I contacted someone at Alibaba and they told me that it was too hard for them to regulate the scammers and that I should file a complaint with the Indonesian police. LOL LOL LOL.

Stay away from them and don;t do what I did. Please!!!!!

Old 12-15-2010, 04:04 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I wouldn't go that far to call alibaba a scam site, but they seam to have a lot of scammers there.
But there are always other sites like made-in-china.com momoway.com or globalsearch.com

Old 12-15-2010, 06:03 AM
Newbie Member

Everywhere there is a scam, just take care our-self from be scams. Some time I got scam also, that is life.

Old 12-16-2010, 03:52 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Hi peeps :)

In order not to fall prey to scammers on sites like alibaba, you just need to follow a few simple rules.
1. Never trust anyone (even with 'silver' or 'golden' status).
2. Do your homework and check the company you're about to do business with online (plenty of scammers lists available on the net).
3. Never buy any BRANDED goods from suppliers on Alibaba, Tradekey, Made-in-China and so on.
4. Never use Western Union as payment method.
5. Always trust your better judgment and use your common sense! If something is too cheap to seem real, stay away.

Better still, you can always use a website like Momoway Business Searcher which is based in Europe.

Old 12-16-2010, 09:19 AM
I am new at Scam.com

was scammed big time on Alibaba. I will post the horrible details so that others will not follow.

I saw an add for Norelco shavers. I sent an e-mail to the link provided and got a resoponse form devi malwati from malwatidevi@gmail.com. Gmal should have been my first clue but I'm stupid. We made arraingments for payment and I sent the payment to:

Bank Name : Bank Central Asia (BCA)
Account Name : Indra Subandono
Account Number : 1260512605
Bank address : JL.JEND.Sudirman KAV 22-23 Jakarta
Bank Swift code : CENAIDJA
Bank Country : Indonesia

2 days later the company was removed from Alibaba and no one ever responded at the above e-mail. Of course I never recieved the product.
I contacted someone at Alibaba and they told me that it was too hard for them to regulate the scammers and that I should file a complaint with the Indonesian police. LOL LOL LOL.

Stay away from them and don;t do what I did. Please!!!!!

Old 12-17-2010, 09:21 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I was scammed from 500 Ä for 2 people in fuijan for a week, luckily for me they sent me memory cards that are worth more than I lost but they are nothing compared to what I have done on i Phones site is enjoy electronics.com beware.

Old 01-03-2011, 09:25 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Alibaba.com Scam

Here is a couple of things you HAVE to know before you make business on alibaba.com

alibaba.com is a supplier market mainly in china that contains thousands of suppliers that sell's all kinds of stuff for cheap that you can sell it later online and make a nice profit, but if you ran into a scammer you will end up loosing your money and your customers,i know because it happened to me last month.

my first mistake was to think that "Gold Suppliers" are the best to deal with because they are registered members that pays alibaba.com 3000$ per year and has a A&V checked, that means that they were verified members (i don't know buy whom) and apparently i was mistaking.

i have sent money by w/u to one of the suppliers i have talked to and didn't get the goods.
i am talking about 900$ ! but it is also very important to say that i got all my money back from Alibaba's Fair Plain and the supplier was kicked out of the website.
i didn't get though all the fee's i had to pay for other websites and western union fee.

in most cases scammers will return on a different names so if you wanna make business over there read carefully this tips before doing anything stupid.

1. Contact only 3 rd year suppliers,they are considered more reliable
2. make sure he has a valid LINE business phone number and call him to china! (don't let him call you!)
3. ask him to send the product picture with your name on it!
4. send money only if you are sure his a REAL SUPPLIER and do it via Escrow or PayPal DO NOT SEND MONEY VIA WESTERN UNION.
5. if the price he is offering is too low then it is probably a scam! some of then will offer you a "gift" for the purchase,don't fall for that.
6. if it's too good to be true-then it's just not true.

Good Luck

Old 01-05-2011, 08:30 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Shanghai Lisu Mould & Plastics Co scam

This company is Scam!

Name: Ms Emma Chan
Company: Shanghai Lisu Mould & Plastics Co., Ltd.
Address: Lane 1135, Jiasong Middle Rd., Huaxin Town, Qingpu, Shanghai, Shanghai
Country/Region: China (Mainland)
Tel: 86-21-13589781084
Fax: 86-21-13589781084

Sara liu other name