report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2005, 10:18 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Circle of Photographers.com are a fruad

:( Checking there web site, I see that I was not the only one ripped of by "Circle of Photographers......aka circle of poets....
I should have known that there was something not right about this company with no way to reach by phone or address on there web site.
I paid thru PayPal, and of course they will do nothing about the problem, being that it is over 45 days old....
I think PayPal should do a little move investagation of the companys that they do business with....

Old 09-18-2005, 03:54 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Circle of Photographers.com are a fruad

A few days ago I recieved an e-mail from Circle of Photographers saying that out of over 8000 photos mine had been chosen to be published in their manuscript and for $59 I could purchase one. Well, my insincts told me this was probably a scam and I am so glad that I investigated this before I sent them any money. I am bummed!! I was so excited that my 9 week old son's photo was going to be published. It is a great photograph. Something needs to be done to stop these idiots from scamming others.

Michelle

Old 09-23-2005, 06:10 PM
I am new at Scam.com

It's definitely a scam (but fortunately for me I got a refund). I have reported it to the RCMP in Montreal as the address that was given in the email I received is a Montreal address. By the way I sent them a bad photograph (using my father's email address as they don't accept more than one picture from the same person) and they still sent a congratulatory email and even changed the offer expires date to Oct 5th.

Last edited by bboudrot : 09-23-2005 at 06:13 PM.

Old 09-24-2005, 01:59 PM
I am new at Scam.com

There is another one, www.picture.com. I've sent in a few pics, and even supposedly won some award for one, but I had to pay a whole bunch of $$ to go somewhere to pick up the award, as they "couldn't mail it to me"! Oh, well, I didn't get the award, but I didn't pay them a single cent, either! Now they refuse to respond to my emails/letters since I havne't paid them anything!

Old 02-24-2006, 11:28 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I'm personally sorry to hear you have had problems but i believe that they are totally legit. Circleofphotographers.com may not work in the most timely fashion but they do do what they say. I to was chosen as a finalist for their competition and they told me that i would be published in their manuscript. this was back in july of last year. I ordered a copy of the book and just recently decided it was time to try and contact them. I sent an email and i got a reply the very next day! they told me that my book had been sent, gave me the ups tracking number and told me it would probably take 2-3 weeks for me to recieve the book. The book came in less than a week. This is more than likely a small organization dedicated to photography but lacking in time and resources to fully dedicate all of their time to the site. I don't think that's a reason to jump to conclusions. Be patient with them and everything will work out. at least it did for me.

Old 02-25-2006, 12:10 AM
Silver Member

HaccordR89, it is not a scam in the since that they won't send you the book you pay for. I have no doubts that if you pay for the book, you will get it. The scammy nature of the place is that most likely everyone who submits a photo will be a "finalist". 4 people in this thread alone are all great enough photographers to be finalists and win an award. No chance. They do this just to sell over priced books to suckers.

There was a thread I read recently about a poetry thing...pretty much like this junk. They told her that her poem was great and they wanted to put it in a book. Of course she had to pay for this overpriced book. When she got the book, her poem was actually printed on a sheet of paper and just stuck inside the cover of the book. Do you get it??? "We want to put your poem in a book" They did exactly that. People can't actually call it a scam if they did what they said, but it is a ripoff nonetheless.

Old 02-25-2006, 12:51 AM
Poker Pro

Yes, this happens in schools as well. Some poems and things that are written by students and they submit places online. About half of the class gets something saying it will be published in a book that they can buy for 50 bucks or so... they hope that these kids tell their parents and grandparents and end up bying 5 books... almost all kids that send things in get it published... i'm sure they can make great money off of crap...

Old 02-26-2006, 06:36 AM
Mad Writer

Today's Woman Writing Community has received, and continues to receive, numerous complaints regarding Circle of Photographs.

Circle of Photographs are the same folks who run poetry.com

Affiliated Organizations

Arts and Kids, International Library of Photography, Circle of Photographers, International Society of Photography , International Library of Poetry, National Library of Poetry , Poetry.com, Noble House Publishers, American Literary Press , International Society of Poets, International Poetry Hall of Fame, Watermark Press , Birthwrites, International Lib and Pegasus Press.

Photographers with complaints about Circle of Photographs are urge to contact Today's Woman Writing Community staff through our feedback form.

Complaints may be viewed online at http://www.todays-woman.net/poetry-scams-34.html.

We thank StarKatz a member of scam.com who first imformed us of Circle of Photographs.

Rose DesRochers

Old 03-02-2006, 01:46 AM
I am new at Scam.com

To everyone whom is interested. I believed that circle of photographers was a fruad until yesterday when I recieved my book. I was surprised to recieve it thinking it would never come considering I ordered it last september, but it did indeed arrive. So - for all those who ordered it, I guess you just need to be patient with this company. Apparently they need more time then they say they need to get it done.

Old 04-02-2006, 12:24 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I too fell prey to the COP scam. This however was nearly 2 years ago. I never recieved a manuscrpipt. I tried for months to contact or recieve a response from the COP team. To no avail. Eventually my emails to them were returned. I simply gave up. I stumbled upon this site by accident & felt obligated to voice my complaint as well. It would be lovely if we could raise enough "stink", so to speak, that COP was forced to face consequences for their actions ... or lack there of. I understand that some of the people posting here finally did recieve there manuscripts. However, I do not believe legitimate or ethical business practices include only sometimes fullfilling your obligations. I spent nearly $140.00 pruchasing 2 of these so-called manuscripts & have nothing to show for it. Did they refund my money when they were unable to deliver their promised goods? Of course not! It does not matter to me, nor is it an excuse, that this may be a small company. It is fradulent to keep money that is not rightfully yours.

Old 04-04-2006, 01:19 AM
Mad Writer

SimCap, I'm sorry that you have also fallen victim to this business that operates under a host of other names and gets satisfaction out of preying on poets and photographers looking to fulfill their dreams.