report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Corporate Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2008, 11:15 AM
Newbie Member

HBH Global Promotions, INC.

I know these guys have been under different names, or still are under different names, and I just wanted to post under their new name so people know.

Other names I know about are:
Alliant Promotions
Pinnnacle Systems Group, which isn't the same address, but has the same phone number, but their located in Tempe instead of Glendale, AZ like HBH.

I had an interview with HBH Global Promotions last week, and I went without doing research on the company like I usually would do. When I got there their offices where located in a not so nice part of Glendale. I walked in and the office was sparsely furnished, and something seemed a little off about it, but I stayed, and listened to the dog, and pony show.

The interview lasted all of 5 minutes, and the woman who interviewed me wanted me to come back for a second interview, and spend the day out with one of their "Best" employees. Now during the interview the woman never actually told me what I would be doing, even with my attempts at asking several times. She always danced around the answer, and was in a hurry to get on to the next interview.

Now I should say that when I arrived for the interview on the front door to their office was a name of a different company "Alliant Promotions" that sent up a red flag, but I still stayed for the interview.

I went home after the interview, and did a search on HBH, but couldn't really find anything so I searched for Alliant Promotions, and here I am. I read other posts about these companies, and needless to say I didn't go back for the second interview.

I'm just posting this because I feel that for each name there should be a new thread to make it easy for other people to find out information about HBH, or whatever name they may be using this week. I know I read in the other posts that it might not be a total scam, but it's not legit either. So all be warned because I saw a lot of people going in, and out of there for interviews, and I don't want to see the more trusting types get taken advantage of in any way.

I feel the good people have to inform other good people about these scams so others can make an informative decision about what's right for them without being taken advantage of.

Old 01-28-2008, 01:03 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: HBH Global Promotions, INC.

They called me to come in today and they want me to goto 55th ave and Camelback. A not so nice area, should I go????

Old 01-28-2008, 02:03 PM
Newbie Member

I might be too late in giving you my opinion, but I wouldn't go; these people are not going to give you the opportunity they say they will.

I hope that what ever decision you made it works out though. I hate seeing people being taken advantage of.

Old 01-29-2008, 02:37 PM
I am new at Scam.com

OMG!!!

I am so glad I googled them! I just received a call to go in for an interview tomorrow, to the 55th Ave & Camelback location...

Old 01-30-2008, 10:21 PM
Newbie Member

That's good Lizard. That's the same location that I had my interview at.

I hope more people google theses people so they know that it's not good to go in for an interview.

Old 02-01-2008, 12:45 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Pete,

You are right about the warning on this company. I got a call from them a couple of months ago and went for an interview. It just didn't feel right so I didn't go back for the second interview. They called themselves Pinnacle Systems then but the name on the door said Alliance Marketing.
I recently applied with a company called The Landers Group, Inc. I received a phone call from them today for an interview. It is the very same address and telephone number. I will not be going in there today! Add this name to the list. Any company that operates under this many names cannot be ligitimate. The list of names:
HBH Global Solutions
Pinnacle Systems
Alliance Marketing
The Landers Group
Beware and avoid them. Darin.

Last edited by Darin : 02-01-2008 at 12:54 PM.

Old 02-01-2008, 05:33 PM
Newbie Member

Darin I'm happy that you decided not to go back.

I didn't know about the new name, but thank you for posting it. It seems that every few days, or weeks they use a new name, but yet I still see wanted ads on Career Builder for their old names.

What a joke!

Old 02-07-2008, 01:24 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I have to thank all of you for the information. My husband was scheduled to have an interview this afternoon with Jackie at 55th and Camelback. I forwarded all this information to him and he has decided not to go.

So what exactly is it that they want people to do? Obviously the scam is not in the interview....what is the scam? Excuse my ignorance.....

Thanks!

Old 02-07-2008, 02:11 PM
Newbie Member

The interview alone isn't a scam per-say, but yet their not being truthful, or upfront with you about what it is you'll be doing. In my interview I tried several times to find out what exactly I'd be doing, and every time the woman interviewing me would steer the conversation into another direction. She wanted no part in explaining anything to me, and the interview was only 5-10 minutes long, which is strange in, and of it's self. They wanted to me to come back for a second interview to follow one of their "best employee's" around for a day, but I came home, and did a search for HBH, but found nothing so I checked the name that was still on the door "Alliant Promotions", and here I am. I hope this all helps.

Now as for the scam itself, well I haven't witnessed it first hand, but from what I've read they take you out, and you have to try, and sell junk to people while your telling them it's for a charity when it's really not. You work all kinds of crazy hours, and they tell you that you can make a lot of money when in reality the only ones making any real money are the people running the scam, and your left with very little.

Also if you complain they get rid of you quickly because they try to keep the more upbeat, or more trusting souls working without questioning their methods.

That's just a fraction of what these people do. They have used several different names like Alliant Promotions, Pinnacle Systems Group, Child Safety INC., and more. There's other posts about some of these names in the Corporate Scams section, check them out for more info.

Old 02-11-2008, 09:25 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Djsgurl, if you want a better idea about what this company is all about, check out this post: http://scam.com/showthread.php?t=4078

It was because of that one that I was able to talk my wife out of going back to the "second interview" with Pinnacle Systems group. I think these DSMAX pyramid scheme companies intentionally choose vague names that are hard to find when searching in Google. They spam Careerbuilder with their equally vague job descriptions and seem to interview all day long, trying to find just enough suckers that will stick around. "Law of averages", as they would put it.

Old 02-11-2008, 12:44 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Thank you all. When he cancelled his interview with HBH, strangely that same day Pinnacle called. I called them out by asking if they were in any way affiliated and of course the girl was very quick to say "NO" then tell me he could call and schedule whenever was convienent for him (he was not home when they called). Since that call he has not heard back from Jackie at HBH. The explaination I got from Senn (at Pinnacle) about the affiliation is that they used to occupy that building/office so people just assume they are affiliated. WHATEVER!! He has not called back since I questioned him either.

What about Evincex? He is getting calls from that company now too? Another alias?:surprised:

Old 02-11-2008, 04:33 PM
Newbie Member

I believe that one is also a scam, but don't take my word for it because I'm not entirely sure on that one. Maybe someone else knows.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:34 PM
World Class Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete3730 View Post
I believe that one is also a scam, but don't take my word for it because I'm not entirely sure on that one. Maybe someone else knows.
It appears to be another member of The Landers Group. HotJobs has them listed under The Landers Group / Evincex Enterprises. The link is here: http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/careers-649...ex_Enterprises

Old 02-12-2008, 05:23 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I just went to an interview with Evincex. It sounds the same as the stories above. The office was in a weird neighborhood, and to be honest, I almost just left as soon as I pulled up. However, I stayed for my 5 min interview, and then was asked to come back tomorrow to job shadow and do a 2nd and 3rd interview. By the end of the day, they would tell me if I got the job. The guy who interviewed me talked so quickly that I didn't even have time to really think about what was going on.
Tomorrow I have another interview with a more legitimate company. Needless to say, I trusted my instincts, and then found this on google, thanks for saving my time.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:15 PM
I am new at Scam.com

The landers group is a huge scam as above the preliminary interview is 5 min long. after that the second interview is a 12 hour interview in which you are not compensated what so ever. i actually worked for them for two weeks they work six days a week scaming people to buy their product. and after if you ask too many questions you are let go. {what happened to me.} they are not to be trusted and it is unethical. another huge indication of it being a scam is the way they spam at job search engines. STEER AWAY!!!!!!

Old 03-03-2008, 05:22 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Thank you for posting all this. I had an interview today at 48th st and Broadway in Tempe with Vince at Evincex. I didn't really feel good about it and when I walked in about 10 other people where there waiting for an interview. What was strange was that some people went in 2 at a time and some 1 at a time....anyhow they looked like they could pick up and leave at any time since there wasn't much to the office. The interview lasted about 5 minutes and I didn't have a chance to ask or add anything either. I actually ended up cutting him off cause it was annoying and I had something to say, lol. Anyhow, they asked me to go tomorrow from 9-6. I thought about it on my way home and thought it might be a scam.....what a suprise!!! Well, needless to say, I'm not going tomorrow. I also thought it was very strange that I couldn't find any information about them through googling. They should at least bring up the companies they work with or some type of news article...but alas just more job postings.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:17 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Thanks Pete,

Add CA Enterprises to the list of alias'. Darin.

Old 03-28-2008, 12:55 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Thanks for all the posts! I actually have an interview with HBH today @ 2:00 but after reading all of this nonsense Im not going to waste my time on this company! THANKS EVERYONE!!