report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Work at Home Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2006, 09:54 PM
Newbie Member

Crescent Processing Company

Hi all!!

I am a little new to this, so please bear with me =)

Had anyone heard of Crescent Processing? I am seeking a career move, and I had a phone interview with a recruiter from Crescent a couple of days ago. Basically, they set up confirmed appointments with small to mid sized business owners, and what the job entails is going into these businesses to try to close them. It is a 1099 position, they provide you a company laptop. The earning potential is really good, alot more that I am bringing in now. Just not sure how legit this is. I have visited their website and haven't found any flaws yet. However, I do know that there are alot of payment processing companies that are setting up shop all over town, and with the economy like it is, I don't want to burn my bridges.

Can anyone help?? Your input is appreciated!!!

Thanks!

Old 11-17-2006, 04:57 AM
Silver Member

Re: Crescent Processing Company

What is the address and website.

There are many listings for this Company. One of t he listings is a Provider of Payment Processing services to small and medium merchants.

Old 11-17-2006, 05:41 PM
Newbie Member

Followup to my original post..A friend of mine called to speak to the same recruiter about this position..What they FAILED to mention to me in their so-called recruiting pitch is they charge $300 for the laptop.This is supposedly refunded, should you part ways with the company. They also have a $39.95 fee, and from my understanding, it is if you don't hit your quota. Keeping in mind, this is a straight 1099 position. So they are not paying a dime for gas, etc but yet charging if you don't hit your goal. They are also supposed to offer leads (who knows how much quality of leads these are) and when I talked to the recruiter, I was told that as soon as you receive your laptop, you will get leads..From what I was told, this was all relatively quick. My friend on the other hand, was told that the laptops are backed up by 53 and that the sooner a person can generate their own leads, the quicker they will be to ship you a laptop..And all of the material needed to close the deal is contained in the laptop. Being in the sales industry for a few years, I had to question this..How do you walk into a business or even call upon a business to set up a meeting when you have no business cards, no material, nothing to show why you are taking that business owner's time...What kills me is that you have to pay THEM if you don't hit your quota...And they are not providing ANYTHING..Glad I got the red flags before it was too late!!!!

Old 11-17-2006, 09:01 PM
Iconoclast

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesofanAngel51976
Followup to my original post..A friend of mine called to speak to the same recruiter about this position..What they FAILED to mention to me in their so-called recruiting pitch is they charge $300 for the laptop.This is supposedly refunded, should you part ways with the company. They also have a $39.95 fee, and from my understanding, it is if you don't hit your quota. Keeping in mind, this is a straight 1099 position. So they are not paying a dime for gas, etc but yet charging if you don't hit your goal. They are also supposed to offer leads (who knows how much quality of leads these are) and when I talked to the recruiter, I was told that as soon as you receive your laptop, you will get leads..From what I was told, this was all relatively quick. My friend on the other hand, was told that the laptops are backed up by 53 and that the sooner a person can generate their own leads, the quicker they will be to ship you a laptop..And all of the material needed to close the deal is contained in the laptop. Being in the sales industry for a few years, I had to question this..How do you walk into a business or even call upon a business to set up a meeting when you have no business cards, no material, nothing to show why you are taking that business owner's time...What kills me is that you have to pay THEM if you don't hit your quota...And they are not providing ANYTHING..Glad I got the red flags before it was too late!!!!
wow - what a great company eh? You pay them for the privilege of trying to flog their stuff, they give you no support and bill you if you don't sell.

Wow - what a deal.

Good spotting, eyes. If you are willing and able to work in direct sales there are much better and real, opportunities.

Old 11-17-2006, 10:18 PM
Newbie Member

Thanks!! I agree...Glad I found this website!!!! ;)

Old 11-18-2006, 12:34 PM
TheRealStraightShooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesofanAngel51976
I agree. What the heck are they selling? Are corporate slide shows now being outsourced?

Old 12-13-2006, 09:17 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Seriously, are you insane this company has a great product. They do what they say, and if you could sell and read what you signed up for you would have been successful. Thanks for listening IDIOT!

Old 12-15-2006, 11:23 PM
I am new at Scam.com

This is a very intersting read. I personally would not be working here if I did not feel that what we are doing here at Crescent Processing Company is honest and ethical in everything that we do.

If you have ever worked on a 1099 before, you would definitely understand the parameters of an agreement between a parent company and an independent contractor.

We do provide leads. They are “warm” leads. They are not "HOT" and they are not "COLD". We still need strong, proficient closers that know how to be persuasive in a sales process and have the ability to generate their own leads in addition to the leads that we provide. A good salesperson would want to do this anyway to help boost their own income potential.

If what we had to offer was so easy to sell, then we would just sell our products and services over the phone, and there would be no need for a 1099 salesperson.

Realistically, we need the right personality to combine with our presentation to put a "face" to our products and services, and answer questions about the industry, the products, the services, and concerns that a merchant has when they decide to upgrade to Crescent Processing Company for their payment processing needs.

The charges for the Laptop are disclosed in the Independent Regional Manager agreement.

The $300 is a deposit to protect our Laptop/Equipment being utilized out in the field. If we were to ever part ways, the $300 is refunded directly to you.

The $39.99 per month is for the use of the Laptop, the Leads that we generate for you, and for the sales presentation that allows our IRMs to generate income. We do have a quota of 14 accounts per month in order for the $39.99 to go away. That is our incentive for our IRMs to produce and get a good return on our Laptop being utilized out in the field. If you sell 14 accounts or more per month, in essence, you get to use the Laptop, our leads, and our presentation, for free.

Some companies charge up front as much as $100 per month for the use of sales equipment, and up front as much as $400 per month for the use of the Company Name. We only ask to collect fees from an IRM if they are not producing, and we only ask for fees from generate revenues, no up front charges.

This is in no way a SCAM. This is a real business offering a real opportunity to the right individual that understand what it means to work on a 1099 status.

If you are scared of working on straight commission, and you do not believe in yourself to be a strong closer.... then this job is not for you.

If you would like to see if there is availability in your area to work as an Independent Contractor with Crescent Processing Company, please feel free to contact me.

Mitchell Mandel
Corporate Recruiter
Crescent Processing Company
1-877-778-5222 x-8059
email: mmandel@crescentprocessing.com

Old 12-16-2006, 12:11 AM
Silver Member

I think I'm going to try and persuade my employees to pay to work for me, it seems all the most successful companies are doing it these days. I'm amazed that Walmart, Macdonalds and all those other multinationals haven't figured it out yet. Oh, I realise why that is..it's because it's a stupid idea!!

Old 01-02-2007, 11:30 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Cresent is not a scam. This is the deal

THEY PROMISE YOU THIS (the things in lower case):

Pre-Set, Pre-Qualified, Twice Confirmed daily appointments>
SOME OF THESE APPTS. ARE DUDS!! SO YOU DRIVE AROUND TOWN BURNING SACRED FOSSIL FUELS FOR NOTHING!! DON'T WORRY THOUGH, THEY WON'T SEND YOU OUT PASS 30 MILES.

Proven Multi-Media Sales Presentation including Sales Videos>
MOST MERCHANTS DON'T HAVE TIME TO WATCH THIS ****! MOST MERCHANTS ARE FORIEGN. THEY DON'T GIVE A **** CAUSE TERRY BRADSHAW IS IN THE VIDEO. OH AND RE-EDIT THE GODDAMN VIDEO. IT'S TOO LONG AND THE HO WITH THE GREEN FINGER NAILS SUCKS. YO CAN TELL SHE'S READING.

Field Laptops>
TRUE. NO INTERNET ACCESS. AND THEY CHARGE YOU FOR THE LAPTOP EVERY MONTH!

Professional Training>
OVER THE PHONE??? IT'S JUST OVER THE PHONE SALES MEETING HYPE.

Performance Based Gas and Cell phone Allowance>
IT'S TRUE. BUT YOU GOTTA SALE AT LEAST 14 MERCHANTS PER MONTH.

Advancement Opportunities>
I WASN'T INFORMED OF THIS. BUT I GUESS IF YOU ARE WILLING TO MOVE TO DALLAS-THAT'S WHERE THE OFFICE IS.

Corporate Management Support>
THEY CHARGE YOU FOR THIS **** TOO!! AND YOU HAVE TO CALL IN EVERY GODDAMN MORNING AND AFTER EVERY APPOINTMENT. TALK ABOUT HIGH CELL PHONE BILLS. SOMETIMES THEY HAVE YOU ON HOLD FOREVER!
AND IF A MERCHANT ASK YOU TO WRITE A COMPARASION OF CRESCENTS FEES, YOUR SALES MANAGER DOESN'T HAVE TIME. HE WILL TELL YOU TO FORGET THAT MERCHANT.

Commissions paid weekly>
THIS IS TRUE. THEY SEND YOU A ADP PAY CARD.

No paperwork required to complete a sale (all via the laptop)>
TRUE. JUST PLUG in YOUR PHONE LINE AND UPLOAD.

Monthly sales contests>
OFCOURSE- MORE HYPE!!! DRIVE YOUR ASS AROUND AND SELL SELL SELL!!

Recurring revenue for the life of every account sold>
IF YOU SALE 14 NEW ACCOUNTS PER MONTH.

AS with any company, read the fine print before signing up.
They are legit. I believe they can save merchants money on their credit card processing. You can make money, if you can squeeze money from a hard head know it all business merchant, who has salesmen coming in all the time trying to sell them the same thing. IF you are a super bad ass salesman who doesn't mind wear & tear on your car, then Sign up.

Old 01-03-2007, 11:39 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I WAS TAKEN FOR A RIDE. BOY WAS I DUPED. EVEN MORE SO, I COULDN'T EVEN GET THE CEO OF THE COMPANY TO CALL ME OR EMAIL ME BACK. WHAT A LOSER, AND HIS COMPANY IS A SCAM. DO NOT GO WORK THERE.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO COMMENT TO THE CEO, AND SEE WHY HE RUNS A COMPANY LIKE THIS, FEEL FREE. HIS NAME IS DAVID KESLER 1-877-778-9555

dkesler@crescentprocessing.com

Good Luck

Don't Go To Work There!!!!!!!!

Old 01-04-2007, 10:54 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Let me fill you all in regarding the "merchant processing industry". "Merchant processing industry" simply refers to supplying businesses with credit card processing terminals/printers along with a bank to "clear (process)" the credit card payment and a "third party organization" (such as Crescent) to administer the monthly statements. Merchants pay the banks and "third party organizations" a percentage (sometimes called the "discount fee") of anywhere from 1.5% to 3.95% of the transaction plus a transaction fee ranging from .5 cents to .30 cents for each transaction. So when you use your credit card at your local pizza shop for $20 the pizza shop is actually loosing about $1 of that sale due to processing costs.

Most medium to large businesses deal directly with large banks for special deals that lower their costs and cut out the "third party organizations". This leaves small businesses as the targeted customer for companies such as Crescent.

Companies such as Crescent make the vast majority of their money by selling (actually leasing through a separate leasing company) the actual processing terminals/printers. These terminals/printers cost a company such as Crescent about $200 and they have the uneducated small business owner sign a lease (typically 48 months) that will cost them anywhere from $2400 - $3000. A sales person can make anywhere from $200 - $400 in commission for the sale. A company such as Crescent will also make additional money with numerous (usually hidden and complicated) monthly fees. There are now probably over 50 of these "merchant processing companies" preying on the small business owners of America. They all pretty much operate in the same way. They buy lists of small businesses and have commissioned telemarketers call them to set-up appointments for the commission only Outside Sales Representatives. Crescent is the first to use lap tops with a "canned" video/PowerPoint" presentation.

All of these companies have the same style operation. Very low overhead with most of their employees being 1099 independent contractors with no benefits. Most reps. last only a few weeks or months because they find the "preset appointments" or leads are poorly qualified. Some of these companies have to disclose to the customer that they have been found guilty by the FTC for illegal and predatory business practices.

Old 01-05-2007, 12:33 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I suppose I could go on and on about how I was treated with this company, but I'm not going to waste my time.

The botton line is, do not go to work for this company. It will drain you of time, gas, money, and eventually lead to a heart atack.

The managemnet, and especially the CEO, David Kesler is a poor excuse for leader.

I'm sorry for how harsh I sound, but I was burned bad. I'm due my first and only pay check tommorrow from Crescent. We will see how that goes, and I may be back soon to respond to the fact they didn't pay me.

Thanks for listening,

Burned Bad in Wisconsin.

Old 01-22-2007, 08:09 PM
I am new at Scam.com

DO not call them back I just received a call this is their info that I have so far
Sean Boswell so called"Recruting Manager" their phone number is 214-271-8075 ext 8061

Thankyou everyone for the Heads Up Really appreciate it

GG

Old 02-01-2007, 05:24 AM
I am new at Scam.com

hey wats up? i am staying at a shelter and we just recieved golden orange papers talking about the whole thing. so TOTALLY the info yall gave especially ragge helped us out alot. thanx agian.

Old 02-01-2007, 05:25 AM
I am new at Scam.com

anyone know anything about kelly services?

Old 02-01-2007, 09:08 AM
Silver Member

Kelly Services is a legimate job placement Company.

They have been around for many years.

Old 02-12-2007, 06:49 AM
I am new at Scam.com

To begin with, CPC is a legit business. Having worked in sales for over 20 yrs, I can say what they offer is unique.
To begin with they don't require the $300 up front. They send you the laptop and only take $25 out of your first 12 sales. This money is refunded to you when you leave.
The appts are great appts. I have worked for companies that make appts and none are as warm as these are. I come from the insurance industry and have worked for companies that charge 5 to 15 dollars for a preset appts. $39.95 a month is a bargin!!!
And they don't LEASE the equipment, they give it away FREE.
Do yourselves a favor, don't talk about things you know nothing about.