report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2006, 07:20 AM
Newbie Member

cashunclaimed.com- real???

has anyone tried this site? supposedly they see if you have any unclaimed money from the gov.

Old 08-28-2006, 04:23 PM
Platinum Member

Re: cashunclaimed.com- real???

Just went to site, and tried their Free Search offer.
Search results were instantaneous (hmmm; small database, there.), and found $25 "possibly" unclaimed for me! (Well, not me... I gave the name of Fats Domino.)
Then they hit me up for a subscription to their service.
Outfits like these go rummaging thru publicly accessible archives and databases for inactive bank accounts, unclaimed lawsuit settlements, and refunds or overpayments of government taxes and fees. Most search only online databases; they miss a lot, but it's cheaper for them, and who's to know.
For someone who has changed legal residence 3 or 4 times in as many years, and lacks the time or skill for a bit o' datamining, such a service might be worthwhile;
I would recommend checking such a service with the BBB, first.

Old 08-28-2006, 05:47 PM
Freebies forever

You should try this website it's the real deal not some company that's trying to get a subscription out of you. Each state has a website for this set up and it's free. Just follow the steps on this page

I have used this before and got $78 my father had in life insurance that wasn't ever cashed in from 1996 so it's real.

Don't go to missing money do state by state search and click on your state
http://www.unclaimed.org/mainframe.a...itorType=owner

Old 08-28-2006, 10:06 PM
Diamond Member

Hey guys I think it is more sinister. They give link to zabasearch.com which is front end for backround check business. So if they are related, you provide them info for "probable" refund and they immidiately put it into identity check database or sell it as a lead.

Last edited by borisf96 : 08-28-2006 at 10:09 PM.

Old 08-29-2006, 05:51 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisf96
Hey guys I think it is more sinister. They give link to zabasearch.com which is front end for backround check business. So if they are related, you provide them info for "probable" refund and they immidiately put it into identity check database or sell it as a lead.
"They buy me and sell me,
It's a game.
Someday I'll break out" Carl Sandburg The People, Yes

Old 09-01-2008, 10:03 PM
Newbie Member

i have checked this out. Cashunclaimed.com found money owed to my mom that I didn't even show up on other searches. i paid the subscription fee... it was TOTALLY worth it.

it gave me unlimited searches and i found money for my mom (owed from her deceased dad) in Oregon, unclaimed money for my dad in California, from an old bank account, a utility deposit from and old apartment of mine, over $2000 lost cash owed to my best friends dad from a small business account....

short story - it was amazing and totally worth the few bucks it cost. I mean i would've had to search 3 to 4 different state sites to find this. totally worth saving my time.

if you have time to spend searching all of those different free sites, go ahead, but i would've just given up and it was totally worth the unclaimed money i found.

Old 09-01-2008, 10:11 PM
Diamond Member

This forum got to add one more button to posts. When one time poster like above starts making claims he can not cash, we should be able to put a "shill" stamp across his wild stories.

Old 09-02-2008, 08:46 AM
Wheres my Spam? Ask your friendly neighborhood moderator.. ME

Especially the part where it didn't show up on other searches... Does he think the website has some secret back door?

You never have to pay to search.. just go to the states website directly and search. VERY simple.

FREE and directs you to each states site:

http://www.missingmoney.com/Main/StateSites.cfm

Old 09-15-2008, 09:12 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Cashunclaimed.com is a joke in my opinion and charge you monthly. $11. Plus they do not have all possible claims. I would suggest you read their fine print before joining. I did before I understood how to find mine and it cost me dearly without my knowing they were charging my card each month. I now know to keep a closer eye on my bill.

MissingMoney.com states on their FAQ they do not list ALL claims on their site either. People seem to rave about this site as if it is the end all to finding unclaimed money, but read this excertp taken directly from their FAQ:

"Q. Does MissingMoney.com list all records held by the participating states?
A. No. Some states do not list all of the records in their custody. For example, some states do not list records under a certain dollar amount. Other states only list the most recent property items in their custody, while yet others list only older records. However, we still receive thousands of new listings each month from the participating states"

If you are going to search, you want to find EVERYTHING due to you, right? I mean, why even waste the time if not???

I have found the best resource available online, which not only updates all 50 states databases to find all possible claims, they also have pre-escheat claims, vital records information for death certificates (yes, you can make a claim on a deceased relative) how to use unclaimed money and make money from home as a professional finder helping those who are unaware of unclaimed money, plus they are available by phone and email to help with support.

My suggestion is you go to unclaimedmoney and see what I'm talking about. I use this site regularly and recommend to all my friends.

I haven't lost any friends over this recommendation like I did when I sugessted the latest greatest MLM program which failed :)

Last edited by katiescorner : 09-19-2008 at 10:54 AM.

Old 09-15-2008, 03:00 PM
Silver Member

Between the two sites and links to resources from them you should have all the resources you need to find unclaimed money OR property:

MissingMoney.com
Unclaimed.org

And
Treasuy info on unclaimed money and assets:

Treas.gov

- Found on the MissingMoney "Related Links:

Related Links

Old 09-19-2008, 09:08 AM
Newbie Member

What a joke this Bob Parsons is!

he must be working for unclaimedmoney.net

I went and checked it out.... WHAT A SCAM! It charges "$1.00" BUT the catch is then they charge you $48.95 for the year membership.

Watch this site SCAM SITE www.unclaimedmoney.net and this BOB Parsons guy.

As far as I can tell with this unclaimed money searching.... you can use missingmoney.com but will be missing federal databases and some of the larger state databases.

I guess if you have a problem with being charged monthly at cashunclaimed.com the best thing to do would be use their free search, sign up, get the data you need and then cancel the service. I did this through my paypal and the cancellation worked fine.

Just FYI - if you might have unclaimed money in Canada, UK or Australia you will have to search outside the US, as those databases are each individual.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:41 AM
I am new at Scam.com

InvestigateTHIS

In response to your ignorant claims, let's compare sites:

Price per year:

CashUnclaimed.com = $132 ($11 per month) and includes less than accurate or complete databases.

www.UnclaimedMoney.net = $49.95 + 1 year free (according to their current promotion) which is 2 years for $48.95

Need more? Skip past the rhetoric on this page and scroll to the bottom and read the comments from people other than myself who have used cashunclaimed.com http://www.familyfirst.com/cashunclaimedcom.html

Need more? http://www.reviewopedia.com/cashunclaimed.com.htm

If you're going to investigateit as your name says, it would be nice to spew facts rather than garbage.

At least now we know to ignore any input you have. Just remember the name INVESTIGATEIT and dump it!

Bob

Last edited by Bob Parsons : 09-22-2008 at 09:07 AM.

Old 09-22-2008, 09:02 AM
Newbie Member

So Bob, Are you the owner of unclaimedmoney . net or do you just work there?

I can do basic math. If you would've read what I said above - just use the site for a month and cancel like I did. That is a total of $11 dollars or even if you let it go a month $22... still less that the site you promote/own or work for.

Plus missingmoney.com is free.

You promote your site elsewhere.

I did investigate your site - unclaimedmoney.com and actually signed up just to see what you were about.

You tried selling me tons of crap! I am still getting emails promoting your "other products" and spamming me.

Thanks for that Bob.

Old 09-22-2008, 09:21 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by investigateit View Post
So Bob,

I can do basic math. If you would've read what I said above - just use the site for a month and cancel like I did. That is a total of $11 dollars or even if you let it go a month $22... still less that the site you promote/own or work for.
#1 unclaimedmoney.com is not my site, and we are not even talking about that site at all. Get your facts straight.

#2 If cashunclaimed.com is so great as you were saying above, WHY DID YOU CANCEL?

Since you are the owner of cashunclaimed, you should know 2 months ain't gonna get it when there are millions of dollars added YEAR ROUND! There is no way to win with cashunclaimed.com

Whoever else is reading this, dont fall for IGNORANCE. It's obvious this fool owns or at least works for a SCAM SITE www.cashunclaimed.com scam site.

My conclusion is he knows these sites are kicking his ass.

Why else would he even give a leeches crap?

As Oreilly says, InvestigateIt, you can have the last word. Yes, I will allow ignorance to speak last.

If you are smart, you will ignore the garbage being spewed here and go to a trusted source at www.unclaimedmoney.net

Old 09-22-2008, 10:51 AM
Wheres my Spam? Ask your friendly neighborhood moderator.. ME

You're both full of it.. There is ZERO reason to pay anyone to search for missing money.

All of the local/state links are free.. all of the federal govt links are free, there are also free links to search for missing pensions, HUD claims, etc.

Old 09-22-2008, 03:10 PM
I am new at Scam.com

For the record, as stated above from the free sites, and as indicated on their own sites FAQ:

"Q. Does MissingMoney.com list all records held by the participating states?
A. No. Some states do not list all of the records in their custody. For example, some states do not list records under a certain dollar amount. Other states only list the most recent property items in their custody, while yet others list only older records. However, we still receive thousands of new listings each month from the participating states"

http://www.missingmoney.com/GeneralHelp/FAQ.cfm#Search6

and no InvestigateIt, they do not mention the word "federal" as you indicated previously.

My point is there are some sites better than others and www.unclaimedmoney.net has more than simple searches. You get that, but they also have bonus materials like if you want to become a professional finder as regulated by each states government office. You can also call them if you need assistance which is what I did today to tell Russ about this discussion. He found it quite humorous how little people really understand unclaimed money but said it's not unusual since it has only become known in the last 10 years or so.

If you can find a better site with more info, I am all ears and will drop them like a rock if you can point me there. :)

Old 05-10-2009, 09:36 PM
Newbie Member

Just thought I'd make a quick appearance here to offer some help. I'm the official representative here for Cashunclaimed & will do everything I can to help you with whatever issues you have. You can reach me here at my Scam.com account: Cashunclaimed.com

If anyone needs help with support issues, the quickest & easiest way to get help is with the help center which you will find here:

http://www.cashunclaimed.com/faq/

Specifically, if you want help canceling, you can do that here:

http://www.cashunclaimed.com/faq/article.php?id=1095

Last edited by cashunclaimed.com : 05-11-2009 at 11:29 AM. Reason: my amazing spelling & grammar abilities :)

Old 01-26-2011, 12:47 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by justtoomuchtime View Post
Between the two sites and links to resources from them you should have all the resources you need to find unclaimed money OR property:

MissingMoney.com
Unclaimed.org

And
Treasuy info on unclaimed money and assets:

Treas.gov

- Found on the MissingMoney "Related Links:

Related Links

No, not true. I found lots of things on their database that were not in any publicly available missing money site for the state or fed. The state and fed like to discredit these organizations or "finders" and say "you can do it yourself," because they want to keep and use the money -- duh! The state and fed make no attempt to find you. And finders and services like this locate and connect people with their money who wouldn't know it existed otherwise.

I was told by someone else they scan databases of unclaimed funds that have been published in newspapers as is required by law before being handed over to the state, which can take years. Also, its true what another poster said that the govt agencies only list more recent items and many very old items do not remain on the list forever. Several of the claims I helped my grandmother, friends, and parents collect were from over 30 years ago when my mother had her maiden name. There are frequently old insurance claims, people move and miss their mail, leave accounts inactive unaware that if they don't occasionally perform some activity the state can take it. There are retirement accounts and pensions in here, and many other legitimate claims. I have helped a ton of people who I knew get their money back through this and other independent database agencies.

But of course I always search the state, HUD, IRS, Fed etc. first.