report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Political Chat
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2010, 06:31 PM
Preserve. Protect. Defend.

Can the World Recover From THIS Video?

I think not.

The worst video of the worst song ever...perhaps beyond our ability to shake off...

Video: The worst thing ever recorded in any medium
posted at 7:20 pm on December 3, 2010 by Allahpundit
printer-friendly

We got more e-mail tips today about this clip than we did about the new unemployment numbers. With good reason: It’s a 20-megaton schlock warhead, the most devastatingly campy weapon yet devised by man. Our horrible economy will recover someday; after this, our culture never will. In fact, it’s so lethally cheesy that it has the power to turn everything it touches to pure Velveeta. Until today, I loved both the Beatles and the ’80s. No more, my friends. No more.

The good news: Leslie Nielsen appears briefly, and Katarina Witt and the women of “Twin Peaks” have aged well. The bad news: Literally everything else, from the Milli Vanilli/Right Said Fred cameos to Steve Guttenberg’s apparent lack of eyebrows to Philip Michael Thomas playing air guitar decked out in full “Miami Vice” regalia. I’m alarmed to see Jason Alexander dealt from this pack of D-list jokers, too. I know work has been slow after “Seinfeld,” but … dude. Dude.

Two clips here, actually, the second of which doesn’t even boast a good song to partly redeem the horrific concept. If the first is Cheez Whiz, the second is Cheez Whiz gone bad. As for show the vids are promoting, Mediaite says it’s Norwegian and that it focuses on the ’80s. That’s all I know, and that’s all I want to know. Exit question: Where do we, as a civilization, go from here?

/.

Make Your Heart As Big as Your Dreams
Is your future secured?
Do you have all the money you need?
Do you have a plan to achieve your financial goals?
Would you like to see one?
thinkdreamcreate@gmail.com
Think big. Dream big. Create a better world.

Last edited by pwrone : 12-03-2010 at 06:37 PM.

Old 12-04-2010, 12:23 AM
Diamond Member

Re: Can the World Recover From THIS Video?

That's truly horrible!
You're right, how will we ever recover from this? Amazing to see how people from the 80's age so differently... Some of them with grace, other not so gracefully...

A little research shows that the videos are indeed Norwegian.
'Gylne Tider' (Golden Days) is obviously a TV show that focuses on the 80's and is hosted by the three gentlemen strutting around in red T-shirts in the videos.

As a gimmick, they let all the guests interviewed in the series sing (or rather: lip sync) a section of these songs. It was all edited together into these videos, which were used to promote the next season of the show.

The first video features quite a few Swedish artists of the 80', now long forgotten. Most of them should have stayed that way.

Old 12-04-2010, 12:07 PM
Preserve. Protect. Defend.

Re: Can the World Recover From THIS Video?

LOL...

I only watched the second one...my jaw dropped and stayed that way, even as the gorge rose.

The most galling thing--if it is possible to select just one affront to all that is holy--is that on the original 'we are the world', they have some of most iconic voices and people of our time. The very definition of 'a song not to be lip-synced'.

What do you say when someone tells you you will be lip-syncing a dead legend? I mean--Ray Charles? Lip synced by...anyone? I am truly surprised the guy didn't wear shades and act blind.

Blasphemy.

Horrific, like zombies with bad hair, just gigglin', foolin' around, shuckin', jivin'...the very definition of schlock.

Make Your Heart As Big as Your Dreams
Is your future secured?
Do you have all the money you need?
Do you have a plan to achieve your financial goals?
Would you like to see one?
thinkdreamcreate@gmail.com
Think big. Dream big. Create a better world.

Last edited by pwrone : 12-04-2010 at 12:18 PM.