View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 06:08 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: PoliceAuctions.com a Scam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecompanyresponse View Post
Thank you for posting. PoliceAuctions.com does not own the watch companies or any of the companies that produce the products sold on its site.

As a policy, we don't list sources or competitive information in blogs, so we will not discuss our product sourcing.

If you are uncomfortable with the products, we recommend that you don't bid on them. If you buy one and don't like it, return it to us for 100% refund. We're doing our best to be consumer friendly and stand behind the customer 100%. Thanks again.
I, too, am concerned, because when I viewed ten or twenty pages of watches, I did not see one brand I was familiar with. I saw what was purported to be very expensive watches, but not one brand that I recognized. I did not see one Rolex, Brietling, Cartier, Zenith, Ball, Patek Phillipe, Vaceron Constatine, Chopard, or Audemars Puguet.

I don't understand a site that is selling or auctioning hundreds of watches they say are worth thousands, yet not one known brand? Not even one Rolex? Really? I'm supposed to believe that you have all these watches that are worth all these dollars and you don't have even one mainstream high-dollar watch?

I'd never buy a pig in a poke, nor would I bid on a watch I've never heard of. I don't even know if these are quartz or automatic. Complications don't make an expensive watch--quality swiss movement does.

I will consider bidding on a watch when I see a brand I recognize. Then, and only then, will I have an idea of its' true value.

FYI: Perhaps if one looked up some of these watches for sale in a watch "blue book", a book that values watches like cars, then one might get a better idea of what's what.