View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 05:26 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Yahoo Finance Scam

There is a new scam regarding a motorcycle.
2003 Fatboy for $4900.00. Guy claims he's in Portland, Oregon. Email address is reed994@live.com. He is advertising in Tampa as well. Here is the body of the email:
The sale will be conducted through a third party, Yahoo Finance. You will send the money to Yahoo Finance and as soon as the payment is confirmed they will notify me to proceed with the shipping. I will ship the bike, and once you receive it and you have 7 days for inspection.
If you are satisfied with the bike and decide to keep it you must inform Yahoo Finance about this and they will release the money to me. If the bike is not as described or if you find any problems with it (I'm sure this is not the case because it's a state of art looking and working bike) and decide not to keep it, Yahoo Finance will refund you the money, no questions asked, and shipping back of the bike will be my concern. I think this is fair for both of us.

If you want to proceed with the transaction please email me your full name and a shipping address so i can register our transaction with Yahoo Finance. After that they will contact you with all the details.

Thank you, John

I replied that I couldn't find anything about Yahoo finance on the internet. Haven't heard from him again.
Of course, if it sounds to good to be true it usually is!