View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 08:06 AM
Newbie Member

Re: Yahoo Finance Scam

Same scam, probably same person since they slipped up and mentioned a truck instead of a mustang when talking to me a few times
http://www.dealsonwheels.com/detail/1967_FORD_MUSTANG/00688036E51.aspx
Thomas Yelenovsky [mailto:yelenovskysellcar@msn.com] Sent: Wednesday, February 03, 2010 5:47 PM
To: asdfasdfasdf[/font]
Subject: RE: 1967 Ford Mustang
Hello,
Am contacting you regarding a1967 Ford Mustang.I had advertised for sale on dealsonwheels. I thing I have replied to you before, but for some reason my messages disappeared, so please excuse me for sending you this e-mail in case you bought another car or you are not interested anymore
I just finished the divorce, and I am very glad that I took the car, because it was my husbands most precious thing.The price I am asking for it is only $4490. It may sound amazing, but it truly is an outstanding deal. I don't ask to much for the car because I just want to get rid of it ASAP, since the bastard cheated on me in this car. It is bad memory and I should get rid of it. I would probably donate the money from the car to the red cross, as it seems the best solution.A Totally Rust, Corrosion And Flood Free Vehicle.Never been in any accidents.Where are you located?If you have any further questions please do not hesi tate to ask.[/font]
Thank you!

From:Thomas Yelenovsky [mailto:yelenovskysellcar@msn.com]
Sent: Friday, February 05, 2010 3:52 PM
To: asdfasdf

Hi,
Sorry the phone company make some upgrades in my area and my phone line is down.The car is located in Reno, NV sealed and ready for the shipping.I work as a dealer on a cruise ship. Now I am not in the town. This the reason that I chose to sell my car over internet. I hope this situation won't affect your decision in buying the car.All documents, including owner's manual, clear title and a bill of sale on your name will be provided along with the car. Also about payment and shipping I will use only Yahoo Finance.I need your name and shipping address so I can reserve the car for you and register the transaction with Yahoo Finance and they will contact you with all the instructions step by step on how to complete the transaction. fees).After you receive the car you will have 5 days to test, verify and do whatever you need to the car. Let me know your decision.
Best regards

Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 15:46:51 -0700
To: yelenovskysellcar@msn.com
I am not sure why you are referring to a truck in this email? I will pay you after we talk in person. Where is your car? You can always call me from a pay phone, you do not need a personal working phone to communicate with me personally. Will you be able to call me?
From: Thomas Yelenovsky [mailto:yelenovskysellcar@msn.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 04, 2010 4:40 PM
To: asdfasd[/font]
I had some discussions with Yahoo Finance and they told me that they can help me and you to finalize this transaction fast and safe. I want to tell you that we will use Yahoo Finance in this transaction in order for both of us to be 100% protected and insured by them. Yahoo Finance will supervise this transaction so there won`t be any problems. They will take care of the shipping and all the small details. You will get the truck and you will have 5 days of inspection in which you can decide if you buy the truck or not. If you won`t like my truck (not your case) you notify Yahoo Finance and you send the truck back on my cost,if you want to keep it you announce Yahoo Finance to send me the money (payment method and all the details will be set up by Yahoo Finance) and you keep the truck. Yahoo Finance will send you an invoice at your email in which you will see how to start this transaction and in which you can see that this transaction is legit. Please get back to me with your full name and full address so i can forward your details to eBay in order for you to receive the invoice. Wait your reply.
P.S:The phone company make some upgrades in my area and my phone line is down . If you have other questions , please email me and I will reply asap Thank you![/font]

Last edited by MustangScam : 02-07-2010 at 08:24 AM.