08-31-2009, 03:04 PM
Join Date: Aug 2009
Re: Yahoo Finance Scam
Found an ad in Auto Trader for 1992 Red Jeep Wrangler. Incorrect number listed. Location of vehicle Naples, FL. Contacted owner by email-received following-*** am contacting you regarding a 1992 Jeep Wrangler Renegade 4x4 I had advertised for sale on autotrader. I thing I have replied to you before, but for some reason my messages disappeared, so please excuse me for sending you this e-mail in case you bought another car or you are not interested anymore.
I just finished the divorce, and I am very glad that I took the car, because it was my husbands most precious thing.The price I am asking for it is only $3,999. It may sound amazing, but it truly is an outstanding deal. I don't ask to much for the car because I just want to get rid of it ASAP, since the bastard cheated on me in this car. It is bad memory and I should get rid of it. I would probably donate the money from the car to the red cross, as it seems the best solution.A Totally Rust, Corrosion And Flood Free Vehicle.Never been in any accidents.Where are you located?If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.
So Far So Good---next reply from seller---
The car is located in Reno, NV sealed and ready for the shipping. Shipping will be done via DAS and it will take no more then 2-3 days top (depending on your exact location).
I have a contract with Yahoo Finance so this deal must go through them. I'm very busy with my job and I'm left out of the town so I can't meet in person with you so this is the reason why I chose to sell my car over the internet. According to Yahoo Finance you have 5 days from the time you receive the car to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.
Here is how it will work:
1.First of all I will need the following details from you:
- Full Name
- Full Shipping Address
- Working Phone#
2. After I will receive the details from you, I will forward them to Yahoo Finance .
3. After they will process your info, they will send us both invoices. The invoice will send you the details on how to make a refundable payment.
4. You will send the payment to Yahoo Finance . They will hold in trust the funds and advise me to ship to your address.
5. Yahoo Finance will contact me and I will ship the car to you. After you receive the car you will have 5 days to test, verify and do whatever you need to the car. If you will buy, then I will receive the payment details from Yahoo Finance so that I can pick up the money.
6. If you will decide that you will not buy the car, Yahoo Finance will refund the money and I will have the shipping company come pick up my car. If you wish to make the transaction, please send me the necessary info so that we can proceed.
I look forward to hear from you.
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE BITTER WIFE?? Email from John Jamieson <email@example.com>