Thread: I need help...
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 10:02 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I need help...

Initial email:
Dear [Name],

With due utmost respect,I crave your indulgence knowing that this my proposal will be a surprise to you.I am Mann Zamri, an attorney at law and the accredited legal representative to late Mr (Deleted), who was hereafter as mine client. He died as a result of heart ailment in December 2006.

I am seeking for your humble consent to assist in the transferring of the funds left behind by my late client into your account before it is confiscated or declared unserviceable by the bank and this deposit valued: Nineteen Million Five Hundred and Fifty Thousand United States Dollars. Since you have the same last name with my late client so the proceeds of this funds can be remitted into your account as a foreign partner.

If this proposition offends your moral ethics,do accept my sincere apology. In contrary,indicate your interest.Note that I reserve the right to reject your acceptance on this proposal if I have reasons to believe that you may not be honest or discreet as it concerns this proposal.

Further details will be giving as soon as your interest is indicated.

Yours sincerely

Barrister.Mann Zamri
(Senior Advocate)

I happened to find these forums a tad too late... after a series of emails and calls, I had negotiated a deal with him. I sent him a lot of private information and copied documents. There was even a bank I talked to. It was the Hong Leong Bank in Malaysia. The email the bank was using was info@hlbbb-my.com and their number is +60-1-6643-1527. I have not sent them any money... As a student with loans, I wouldn't be able anyway.

He basically offered to split it 30% for me and 70% for him. I initially thought it was a potential scam but he seemed convincing when he said I did not need to send him any money. He showed me some documents that seemed legit. At this point the bank has to "confirm" my information before I have to open a foreign account with the "bank". The funds would be transferred to my account and then I can potentially wire it to my bank account here in the states.

Sorry, I'm a bit disoriented because of my stupidity. I apologize for my ignorance. I'm mostly concerned for the private information I have sent out to the "bank"... what can they do with that information? Is there anything I can do at this point? I will be monitoring this thread for some help and support.